It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Lifthrasil: ...
HappyPunkPotato: Perhaps you could create an official definition of DRM for use specifically in this thread. Then all of the discussion about what is or isn't called DRM could move to a different thread and this one could be more focused. On the other hand, it's good that the discussion keeps bumping the thread to the front page where people are more likely to find it.
There will ALWAYS be people who will try to overthrow a definition.
So this would change not much.
StingingVelvet: . However you're never going to convince me it's DRM to use a client to download files that forever work without it afterward. Sorry.
Lifthrasil: Well, there is no need to convince you of anything. You can close your eyes all you want and you can accept all the 'not REALLY DRM' shenanigans of GOG.

The important part for me is: GOG broke their last promise. Galaxy is mandatory for getting that DLC. And not only that, you have to register your game online, before you can get the DLC. For me, online registration is a classic form of DRM. You can call it whatever you like.
Some people were claiming that Steel Division 2 needs galaxy for it's DLC but I can't confirm it.

https://www.gog.com/forum/steel_division_2/i_own_the_dlcs_and_theyre_installed_but_theyre_locked_ingame
§pectre: Some people were claiming that Steel Division 2 needs galaxy for it's DLC but I can't confirm it.

https://www.gog.com/forum/steel_division_2/i_own_the_dlcs_and_theyre_installed_but_theyre_locked_ingame
No, it's just the guy forgot to enable them in Galaxy therefore they weren't downloaded / enabled. It has nothing to do with the offline installers, just a Galaxy weirdness where you sometime needed to manually enable DLCs. (not sure if it's still the case today or if they are enabled by default)
HappyPunkPotato: Perhaps you could create an official definition of DRM for use specifically in this thread.
Is it already several times in this and other threads.

Translated with Google
§pectre: Some people were claiming that Steel Division 2 needs galaxy for it's DLC but I can't confirm it.

Gersen: No, it's just the guy forgot to enable them in Galaxy therefore they weren't downloaded / enabled. It has nothing to do with the offline installers, just a Galaxy weirdness where you sometime needed to manually enable DLCs. (not sure if it's still the case today or if they are enabled by default)
Thank you for explaining.
bump for visibility
This report on Deux Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut is very interesting:

https://www.gog.com/forum/deus_ex_human_revolution_directors_cut/crash_freeze_on_completion_of_first_takedown_or_successful_hack

I have not tested it myself, but if confirmed it would be appropriate to add this to the list.
rimpolpalo: This report on Deux Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut is very interesting:

https://www.gog.com/forum/deus_ex_human_revolution_directors_cut/crash_freeze_on_completion_of_first_takedown_or_successful_hack

I have not tested it myself, but if confirmed it would be appropriate to add this to the list.
Wasn't it something that has been fixed since, there was issues with some Eidos games at some point, I would need to test.
rimpolpalo: This report on Deux Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut is very interesting:

Gersen: Wasn't it something that has been fixed since, there was issues with some Eidos games at some point, I would need to test.
I'm playing it right now, and I've had no issues so far (I'm in what I guess could be called the second chapter).
Gersen: Wasn't it something that has been fixed since, there was issues with some Eidos games at some point, I would need to test.
Breja: I'm playing it right now, and I've had no issues so far (I'm in what I guess could be called the second chapter).
Are you playing the director's cut and are you blocking outgoing connections?
high rated
Lifthrasil: Are you playing the director's cut and are you blocking outgoing connections?
I don't know what everyone else is doing but I just tested it up until the first hack & takedown in the first mission (as was claimed as a trigger) and had no problems, and that's saving beforehand and testing it twice first with being just blocked by running the firewall as a "whitelist" (block by default, allow by exception) and second by completely disabling network interfaces in Device Manager and had no crashes in either case. I also tested the "interact with all items in the start room" (probably referring to the 6x items you interact with to unlock the Old School Gamer Achievement) and that didn't crash either. I'm using offline installers, Galaxy has never been installed. If there's a problem then it's got to be something that doesn't affect everyone equally. People affected should post in more depth as to what they're doing (eg, using Galaxy or not). Maybe even upload a game save right before the crash.
Lifthrasil: Are you playing the director's cut and are you blocking outgoing connections?
AB2012: I don't know what everyone else is doing but I just tested it up until the first hack & takedown in the first mission (as was claimed as a trigger) and had no problems, and that's saving beforehand and testing it twice first with being just blocked by running the firewall as a "whitelist" (block by default, allow by exception) and second by completely disabling network interfaces in Device Manager and had no crashes in either case. I also tested the "interact with all items in the start room" (probably referring to the 6x items you interact with to unlock the Old School Gamer Achievement) and that didn't crash either. I'm using offline installers, Galaxy has never been installed. If there's a problem then it's got to be something that doesn't affect everyone equally. People affected should post in more depth as to what they're doing (eg, using Galaxy or not). Maybe even upload a game save right before the crash.
OK. Thank you for testing it!
AB2012: If there's a problem then it's got to be something that doesn't affect everyone equally. People affected should post in more depth as to what they're doing (eg, using Galaxy or not). Maybe even upload a game save right before the crash.
There was some games where the online / offline detection is pretty bugged (i.e. a badly programmed not a drm) and if you were online, the EXE was not blocked, but specific ports used by the game were blocked in the Firewall, it caused the game to crash. Because the game detected that it was "online" so it tried to connect, as the port was blocked it failed, and as the error handling was poorly implemented the whole game crashed / hang. Maybe it's something similar and depending of what Firewall flavor peoples uses to block the game from going online it can cause the issue. (but it work fine if you are offline)
AB2012: If there's a problem then it's got to be something that doesn't affect everyone equally. People affected should post in more depth as to what they're doing (eg, using Galaxy or not). Maybe even upload a game save right before the crash.
Gersen: There was some games where the online / offline detection is pretty bugged (i.e. a badly programmed not a drm) and if you were online, the EXE was not blocked, but specific ports used by the game were blocked in the Firewall, it caused the game to crash. Because the game detected that it was "online" so it tried to connect, as the port was blocked it failed, and as the error handling was poorly implemented the whole game crashed / hang. Maybe it's something similar and depending of what Firewall flavor peoples uses to block the game from going online it can cause the issue. (but it work fine if you are offline)
Well you can always just block the exe networking instead of ports... (that way exe would think it's offline)
Tho you need your firewall software to implement such possibilities, which some don't...
Heads up: rumor of possible DRM in Wasteland 3, relating to a pre-order bonus:

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/wasteland_3_online_check_drm

I haven't verified, but wanted to flag it.