It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Catventurer: A Game of Thrones: The Board Game should be on the list of games with multiplayer DRM.
That's a different thread. This one is for single-player (which would include that if single player requires multiplayer use to progress/unlock things. The other thread is the opposite though: The sadness that we're surprised when a multiplayer game is DRM-free. (Because the default for multiplayer definitely has become client-with-ownership-checks default.)

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/drmfree_multiplayer_list_of_games_that_actually_are_100_drmfree
Post edited March 18, 2023 by mqstout
Catventurer: A Game of Thrones: The Board Game should be on the list of games with multiplayer DRM.
mqstout: That's a different thread. This one is for single-player (which would include that if single player requires multiplayer use to progress/unlock things. The other thread is the opposite though: The sadness that we're surprised when a multiplayer game is DRM-free. (Because the default for multiplayer definitely has become client-with-ownership-checks default.)

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/drmfree_multiplayer_list_of_games_that_actually_are_100_drmfree
The thread you linked is called "DRM-free multiplayer: list of games that actually are 100% DRM-free." I'm not interested in getting into debates on if a third-party account being required is DRM or not. We should accept that some people might consider that a form of DRM, especially when Carcassonne is mentioned in this thread as needing a third-party account for online multiplayer.

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/drm_on_gog_list_of_singleplayer_games_with_drm/post2
Catventurer: A Game of Thrones: The Board Game should be on the list of games with multiplayer DRM. Unfortunately (or fortunately), I only have the Epic version from when they gave it away. However the review for the game by hmcpretender on the GOG store page indicates that situation is identical for both versions:

"This is a well made digital adaption of the popular board game which runs flawlessly on Linux using Wine 6.0 with DXVK enabled. Sadly, local multiplayer is not supported and online play requires an asmodee.net account. If not for that I would have rated it 5 stars."
https://www.gog.com/en/game/a_game_of_thrones_the_board_game

Store pages for games really should state how online multiplayer is facilitated when present.
OK. I'll put it in the second post in the (incomplete) Multiplayer list. Thanks for the notice.
Catventurer: A Game of Thrones: The Board Game should be on the list of games with multiplayer DRM. Unfortunately (or fortunately), I only have the Epic version from when they gave it away. However the review for the game by hmcpretender on the GOG store page indicates that situation is identical for both versions:

"This is a well made digital adaption of the popular board game which runs flawlessly on Linux using Wine 6.0 with DXVK enabled. Sadly, local multiplayer is not supported and online play requires an asmodee.net account. If not for that I would have rated it 5 stars."
https://www.gog.com/en/game/a_game_of_thrones_the_board_game

Store pages for games really should state how online multiplayer is facilitated when present.
Lifthrasil: OK. I'll put it in the second post in the (incomplete) Multiplayer list. Thanks for the notice.
You're welcome. :)
What is wrong with you gog? More and more games add drm, you forbid me from legally buying games and close gog-games. You introduce worthless remakes and another launcher on top of a launcher. cp77 barely saved by an anime of all things.
Get you crap together or perish.
To me the whole "DRM-thing" is currently not big as the games owned (which is several hundred) are barely affected by it, or rather in a "cosmetics matter". Although, what i do not support or enjoy is this "political mess" brought over to almost anything able to give some smile.. and connection... to everyone else, no matter where they live. Surely a case of politics having way to much "hostile reach" and in the long term clearly not a good thing. I hope this entire mess can be solved somehow, at some point. It may not really be on topic; yet, we can consider it as a form of DRM, indeed.
high rated
Xeshra: Although, what i do not support or enjoy is this "political mess" brought over to almost anything able to give some smile.. and connection... to everyone else, ... I hope this entire mess can be solved somehow, at some point. It may not really be on topic; yet, we can consider it as a form of DRM, indeed.
No, we can't. Political influences no matter how welcome or unwelcome they might be have nothing to do at all with DRM.
Xeshra: yet, we can consider it as a form of DRM, indeed.
No, we really can't. Things are defined by their nature, not by our appreciation of it.

But i do relate to your point, while DRM is a major problem and a major concern it is not the only problem or concern out there and on occasion other problems can in fact take precedence over DRM since usability means very little if beyond it there's little more to be had besides opportunistic political tirades.

Sorry for the slight OT folks.
Namur: Things are defined by their nature, not by our appreciation of it.
Very nicely argued :-)
You are now setting a certain rule, but you should be well aware, basically everything is some sort of "appearance" to us; so it is very hard to know the truth or your so called "nature". We simply know to less regarding this "nature". so instead of this broken sense of "understanding" i wish we could have a more humble attitude.

We can not wipe out the matter of appearance, because unfortunately, the sheer majority is not able to judge a situation outside of its sheer appearance; yet... indeed, they are full of "judgement". In this term: Less rules, less judgement but a warm and humble heart, i do adore the most.

Besides, nope, "appreciation" got no meaning at all. Everyone got some different thing they may or may not appreciate; although it got nothing, exactly nothing, to do with the matter of "how it appears to us", and this is actually the thing which will matter when it comes to the understanding of the "nature".

Sure i do appreciate "no DRM" and "a warm heart", although for many people there is not much appreciation toward this... simply have to accept this truth which is based on their individual appearance.
Post edited March 30, 2023 by Xeshra
high rated
Please avoid political discussions in this thread. I don't want to give GOG any reason to close it.
The announcement of AoW4 had me check the gamecard for AoW3 to see if the pre-order hostages were ever released separately (they weren't). I noticed this in the game card:
The GOG GALAXY client and Paradox Account registration is required in order to access individual player profiles and additional skins for the game.
I don't have time to investigate what those skins are; maybe they're one-and-the-same as the pre-order? AoW3 already graces our list, but it might need an increased detail per the game card.
mqstout: The announcement of AoW4 had me check the gamecard for AoW3 to see if the pre-order hostages were ever released separately (they weren't). I noticed this in the game card:

The GOG GALAXY client and Paradox Account registration is required in order to access individual player profiles and additional skins for the game.
mqstout: I don't have time to investigate what those skins are; maybe they're one-and-the-same as the pre-order? AoW3 already graces our list, but it might need an increased detail per the game card.
Thanks. I added the more detailed description.
high rated
The new X4 DLCs go right on the list...

"To access your bonus content through GOG, please register your game on our forum:
1. Visit https://www.gog.com/account and click on X4. Navigate to "more" and "Serial Keys" to find the serial key you will need to register your purchase.
2. Visit https://forum.egosoft.com/ucp.php?i=-egosoft-settings-ucp-gamereg_module&mode=gamereg and enter the serial key you found on GOG.com into the "Game Registration Code" field at the bottom. Click "Submit" to register your game.
3. After registration, your Yasur light fighter ship will be waiting for you in the in-game Venture Inventory once the Multiverse Team Seasons start. The other bonus content will be downloadable from the "Extras" section of your copy of X4 in GOG Galaxy or gog.com.

To access your Yasur, your save game must first be converted to an online save game. Playing online "Ventures" requires you to opt in to the "Multiverse Team Seasons" public beta, which will launch at a later date. You will also need to register an Egosoft account, connect your game to your Egosoft account in your User Control Panel and log in in-game using this account.

To access your exclusive Pearl Prospect paintmod (10 copies per savegame), you will need to register an Egosoft account, connect your game to your Egosoft account in your User Control Panel and log in in-game using this account."
Cavalary: To access your Yasur, your save game must first be converted to an online save game. Playing online "Ventures" requires you to opt in to the "Multiverse Team Seasons" public beta, which will launch at a later date. You will also need to register an Egosoft account, connect your game to your Egosoft account in your User Control Panel and log in in-game using this account.
For information the "Multiverse Team Seasons" are a seasonal multiplayer mode, registering gives you this ship at the from the start of the "season". But it doesn't mean that this ship is multiplayer exclusive or that you cannot obtain it normally in single player.

Technically I would say that unless something has drastically changes recently, the only online reward you have are the custom paint jobs (which you can find without registering on Nexus Mod) like for the base game.