It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Tales from the CRT.

With our Horror Show Sale in full swing, the mood is pretty spooky around here. Dozens of creepy, ghoulish, and downright terrifying games are out to get you - but only if you get them first! In keeping with this spirit, some scary bedtime reading is in order.

Last Halloween, our friends at RETRO Videogame Magazine put together a hair-raising issue, which included several articles relevant to the scariest time of the year. Today, you can download and keep this issue in digital form by going to their store, adding it to your cart and then using the code R137BX2NYFTT or KM6R321C4WQE.

To get later issues, either in digital or physical form, you can subscribe to their patreon campaign or website.

The Horror Show Sale lasts until February 13, 11PM UTC.
Post edited February 10, 2018 by maladr0Id
Downloading now. Let's see if I'll like it ;-D
Thanks! I too just put in b.s. at the "enter your info" screen. I wish the RVM good luck, but I wouldn't have gotten this if it weren't free. And the website was a little confusing to navigate for me.
tfishell: Thanks! I too just put in b.s. at the "enter your info" screen.
Agreed but I've run into too many "We're going to email you the download link!" responses after doing so.
high rated
Asks a bit too much information for a freebie, I think I will pass.
high rated
Horrors of the past, huh? Sounds about right for RETRO Videogame Magazine given that these are the same people that were behind the infamous Coleco Chameleon. I wouldn't recommend putting real personal details into any of the entry fields, that is for sure...
high rated
At first I thought this was Retro Gamer Magazine (the one from the UK) and got excited.

Wouldn't mind if GOG carried digital magazines like they do "movies."
nightcraw1er.488: Another gimped "freebie", just provide all your details and we will let you have something of very little value in exchange for this information which we will make a fortune off or use for advertising.
Put a bogus mail address and it worked, pretty sure giving a bogus email would work too.

But I agree: this promo has nothing to do herre.
Post edited February 10, 2018 by Zoidberg
thanks gog!
KasperHviid: Games covered in the magazine:

[. . .]

I have no Mouth
To be continued... (in the next issue – 'special price for you my friend!').
Post edited February 10, 2018 by Lemon_Curry
low rated
No thanks. Hey, how about a FREE GAME instead?
GOG.com: [...] To get later issues, either in digital or physical form, you can subscribe to their campaign or [url=http://readretro.com/subscribe-2/]website. [...]
Nice to see that the forum messes up stuff for everyone indiscriminately... Have you ever considered simply replacing it with Discourse?

As for the actual offer: "Access denied. Your IP address [yadda-yadda-yadda...]" Whelp. Guess I have to stick to the dozens of review sites that are already available free of charge all of the time.

"Oh no. The horror... ;) "

Thanks though. It's the thought that counts...
Post edited February 10, 2018 by HeartsAndRainbows
Pupcakes: Wouldn't mind if GOG carried digital magazines like they do "movies."
You mean, "adding new ones regularly for a time, then only sporadically, then quietly giving up on them almost entirely"? ; )
high rated
athineos: No thanks. Hey, how about a FREE GAME instead?
I've gotten at least 17 free games from GOG in the last year (not counting demos). One thing people cannot legitimately complain about around here is GOG not giving away games often enough. :P
athineos: No thanks. Hey, how about a FREE GAME instead?
HunchBluntley: I've gotten at least 17 free games from GOG in the last year (not counting demos). One thing people cannot legitimately complain about around here is GOG not giving away games often enough. :P
It is not a complaint. Just a joke... chill out
Post edited February 10, 2018 by athineos
I hope I'm wrong, but judging by the covers of currently released issues of RETRO Videogame Magazine, it seems to just celebrate the same tat that YouTubers consider retro, a.k.a. Nintendo fanboying and a few Star Wars things. They can't even make a "Celebrating Stealth" issue (#9) without omitting Thief (which came out just half a year after Metal Gear Solid and had more emphasis on stealth itself and not sneaking up on people just to kill them), for fuck's sake.

At least the covers themselves look good.
Post edited February 10, 2018 by Plokite_Wolf