It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Tales from the CRT.

With our Horror Show Sale in full swing, the mood is pretty spooky around here. Dozens of creepy, ghoulish, and downright terrifying games are out to get you - but only if you get them first! In keeping with this spirit, some scary bedtime reading is in order.

Last Halloween, our friends at RETRO Videogame Magazine put together a hair-raising issue, which included several articles relevant to the scariest time of the year. Today, you can download and keep this issue in digital form by going to their store, adding it to your cart and then using the code R137BX2NYFTT or KM6R321C4WQE.

To get later issues, either in digital or physical form, you can subscribe to their patreon campaign or website.

The Horror Show Sale lasts until February 13, 11PM UTC.
Post edited February 10, 2018 by maladr0Id
*forum pop*
Another spam compo- wait, a give-away?

Wonder if it'll work.

Anyone who gets it to work/has read material from that site, would they kindly provide an opinion as to its quality?
Oh, I was hoping I could get a copy of Nintendo Power.
high rated
What a bizarre thing to see in GOG's news posts. Not saying it's a bad thing, just really out of nowhere.

I was in the process of checking this out, but then stopped when it needed billing information for a free item. I can't be bothered at that point.
high rated
Another gimped "freebie", just provide all your details and we will let you have something of very little value in exchange for this information which we will make a fortune off or use for advertising.
high rated
nightcraw1er.488: Another gimped "freebie", just provide all your details and we will let you have something of very little value in exchange for this information which we will make a fortune off or use for advertising.
I just used my old email address and put nope in most of the boxes.
high rated
Most likely, they just haven't bothered coding a separate procedure for free items! They let you download the magazine directly, without emailing it, so I guess you can just enter a fake address if that bothers you.

The magazine itself is pretty good. It is designed for screen reading, but with high-res graphic. Note that not all the articles are horror themed.

Games covered in the magazine:
Ooga Booga
Rainbow Island
Paperboy
Street Fighter
Double Dragon
Klax
Haunted Hause
Rally Cross
D
7th Guest
I have no Mouth
high rated
KasperHviid: I have no Mouth
I bought this one, but I'm too scared to play it! Now I can read about it instead :)

Doh, nevermind, they're using brute-force IP blocking, and I can't access their site. It's hilarious when companies spend money on marketing and advertising, and then when people respond to it, they block them. The error message, with no CAPTCHA, and not even bug report contact info:

Access denied. Your IP address is blacklisted. If you feel this is in error please contact your hosting provider's abuse department.

I guess if I REALLY wanted to tell them how they're losing money, I could whois their domain name and contact the administrator, but since the administrator is the idiot that decided brute-force blocking is a good idea, I don't think I'll bother. I still put the info into the topic of Freenode ##gaming, so maybe someone there will tell me what the magazine says about my game.
Post edited February 09, 2018 by badon
Thanks for the code for the magazine issue. I downloaded it and will give it a look this coming week when I'm traveling. :)
Thanks for the freebie magazine!
thanks for the free copy and i did bookmark the store for future viewing
Thanks, but no thanks.
high rated
Marioface5: What a bizarre thing to see in GOG's news posts. Not saying it's a bad thing, just really out of nowhere.

I was in the process of checking this out, but then stopped when it needed billing information for a free item. I can't be bothered at that point.
They don't do any check to see if you enter true information, not even the email. And for those that might misunderstand you as I did, they do not ask for credit card numbers.

Thanks, but no thanks.
No real interest either (at least for this issue) but asking to input personal information on an unsecure website sets off bells with me.