It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Dalthnock: Low rating a joke?

C'mon guys, where's your sense of humour?

I bet Tarnicus will laugh at it.
Tarnicus: Indeed I did, just as I hope that people can see the humour in my rants :) Life is too short to waste as much of it on stressing, as I do :)

It is cold and raining in Oberon, I have half a cigarette left, and I am about to head out to my camp and will be ceasing communication with others until I find the peace and balance that I need.

I am tired, feeling low, and am worn out from trying to find my place of "being"; to fit in with people that are quick to judge and criticise, based on little understanding or compassion of what it is like to live life with constant adversity and struggle. I am fortunate to be able to find solace in the bush without the threat of war, unlike many others in the world. I hope to get to state where I do not weigh the negative and criticism more than the positive in life. "Trying" rather than "being" is the crux of my mental state right now. The difficulties in trying to find a house for Thea, myself and my cats has really done my head in, and was compounded by reading shit from others on these forums. Obviously the best course of action is to have a break and find some calm within and develop "thicker skin".

Thanks to those who took the time to write to me via email and PM. I won't see replies in this thread, given the nature of GOG's forum system and timing out after 1 week,

This alt account/non-existent being has feelings, even though she doesn't express much on GOG. She is the thread that links me to "civilisation" and keeps me partly sane
Well, even if you don't see this reply, I hope it all gets sorted out for you.
trentonlf: I say HELL YES, bring it on!! :)
That's what we like to hear! :D
Dalthnock: Low rating a joke?

C'mon guys, where's your sense of humour?

I bet Tarnicus will laugh at it.
skeletonbow: Very deadpan and dark. Funny in the right context/understanding but alas not everyone has a sense of haha for dark deadpan. :)
Well, I'm aware my jokes aren't for everyone... in fact I take some pride in that.

Ya know, in my experience, when someone flies off the handle like Tarnicus did, trying to calm the person, or avoid confrontation usually doesn't work out well.

The best course of action is to let the person vent & then in the following silence, crack one of these babies. If done right, not only the person will not take offence, he will see the absurdity of the whole situation & bust out laughing.

There, bomb defused. Works every time.

Well, except when it doesn't. It does backfire, but very rarely, as the person needs to be completely humourless and/or take himself too seriously. In that case, you may want to steer clear of that person anyway, as it's very easy to insult them without meaning to.

Drinks all around. You're buying.
high rated
trentonlf: I say HELL YES, bring it on!! :)
IAmSinistar: That's what we like to hear! :D
RELAX! Until April 16. :)
skeletonbow: Very deadpan and dark. Funny in the right context/understanding but alas not everyone has a sense of haha for dark deadpan. :)
Dalthnock: Well, I'm aware my jokes aren't for everyone... in fact I take some pride in that.

Ya know, in my experience, when someone flies off the handle like Tarnicus did, trying to calm the person, or avoid confrontation usually doesn't work out well.

The best course of action is to let the person vent & then in the following silence, crack one of these babies. If done right, not only the person will not take offence, he will see the absurdity of the whole situation & bust out laughing.

There, bomb defused. Works every time.

Well, except when it doesn't. It does backfire, but very rarely, as the person needs to be completely humourless and/or take himself too seriously. In that case, you may want to steer clear of that person anyway, as it's very easy to insult them without meaning to.

Drinks all around. You're buying.
Agreed pretty much, except the last part. :)
budejovice: RELAX! Until April 16. :)
that would be 10 days past my one year anniversary, need a sale before then :-P
trentonlf: that would be 10 days past my one year anniversary, need a sale before then :-P
Seriously! Where do people get the kind of willpower to go a whole month without a major GOG sale?

Mind you, we're restrained compared to the bundle addicts, who need at least five going at once. ;)
high rated
trentonlf: that would be 10 days past my one year anniversary, need a sale before then :-P
My overtime this past pay period was a bit unprecedented for me. So... ok, fine. Arm twisted. :)
high rated
I know that no one is probably interested by now, but I have a thread with some statistics about the Double Insomnia Sale.

Statistics for the Double Insomnia Sale
Post edited March 13, 2015 by Zillatain
IAmSinistar: Well, whose ready for another Insomnia Sale? ;)
I would love one, but I need a job first!

Not because I need money for more games, but because I need money for a new computer!

I want to play my games at a desk! And buy a joystick so I can play the flight sims!
Oh gods, ... you mean it, right? My level of fatigue suggests that Insomnia has just ended and my bank account didn't have time to recover either...
IAmSinistar: Seriously! Where do people get the kind of willpower to go a whole month without a major GOG sale?

Mind you, we're restrained compared to the bundle addicts, who need at least five going at once. ;)
Probably not willpower but for some people it's a necessity :P. Considering some GoGers spent more than they intend on sales draining their accounts (who needs food anyways? You just flush it down the toilet eventually) and others who have a backlog reaching into the thousands. Such people might think "thank god there's no major sale going on, I can actually play some games rather than buy" :)

I try not to be too crazy but I already failed at that. I didn't intend to buy more than 50 games when signing up with GoG but my account has reached 135 games now. However, by not using any DD service other than GoG and splitting my wishlist into "high" and "low" priority, I've been able to whittle away at my backlog while keeping expenditures at a reasonable level. No major GoG sales and no exposure to sales from other DD services ensure that I can still keep going with that :D

I am somewhat bragging when I say my backlog (not including freebies and games that require a joystick) has reached an all time low of 25 games (4 of which are close to completion) :). So long as I have a backlog of at least a few games and my "high" priority wishlist remains countable on one hand, I'll be able to resist the sales somewhat :)
Make it April and I'm all over it. =)

(And no, I am totally not kidding, just in case anyone wonders and thinks I'm being silly rather than being kinda crazy. -laughs-)
Post edited March 13, 2015 by CarrionCrow
I am, but i fear my wallet might have an objection to that ;).
Post edited March 13, 2015 by ElTerprise
tinyE: One day some terrorist organization is going to disguise one of their units as a sleigh and cause a major disaster.
toxicTom: That's a frightening prospect. Santa's reputation will be ruined for years to come. The beard alone... secretly Muslim?
Um, you do know that Santa Claus real name is actually Saint Nicholas and that he was the Bishop of Myra which is situated in Turkey?