It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Let's take turns, asking all the right questions!

<span class="bold">Divinity: Original Sin 2</span>, the sequel to one of the most beloved RPGs in recent years, is coming soon, DRM-free on GOG.com! The good people of Larian Studios will be joining us in person to celebrate the occasion, and they've agreed to answer your most Sin-ful questions regarding the long-awaited epic.

The first <span class="bold">Divinity: Original Sin</span> sure made a big splash in the RPG community, with its inventive use of turn-based tactics and impressive attention to detail. Two years later, its sequel is about to raise the bar even further, as Larian Studios are committed to improving and expanding all of the original's celebrated features in meaningful and highly ambitious ways. Aside from the complex origin stories and the rich character creation options, expect even more engaging turn-based combat, smarter NPC A.I., and extended player freedom. And of course, get ready to meet Eithne, the enigmatic, scroll-selling NPC that the GOG community helped design back in April!

Do you want to know more about <span class="bold">Divinity: Original Sin 2</span> and its fast-approaching entry into our Games in Development program? Now is the time to ask! Post your questions below until Monday, October 24th, and Larian Studios will answer the most intriguing ones alongside the game's arrival, coming soon on GOG.com.
Will the modding tools be better than the ones that came with the original?

I quite fancied modding it, but the tools didn't seem to be easy to work with...
Lucumo: Will there be a physical collector's edition of Divinity: Original Sin without Steam DRM (since that keeps me from buying it)?
I wonder about this as well.

I would kindly like to ask if there will be a collector's edition? If yes, will you include other Divinity games in it(like you did in the Original Sin's collector's edition)? Also, will there be a upgrade from standard to collector's edition?
Lucumo: Will there be a physical collector's edition of Divinity: Original Sin without Steam DRM (since that keeps me from buying it)?
There *is* a physical collector's edition. It was available during the Kickstarter period for backers. And yes, those who purchased it (backed at that tier), can choose if they want to have a Steam key or GoG key.
I don't know if the collector's edition will be available lateron to non-Kickstarter backers as well... I guess that depends on whether or not they have any copies left...

fista1.103: If yes, will you include other Divinity games in it(like you did in the Original Sin's collector's edition)?
The Kickstarter collector's edition came in 2 flavours... you could choose to either have 2 copies of DoS2 (1 digital copy in addition to the copy that comes on the discs), or you could choose to get a digital copy of DoS1 (in addition to the DoS2 copy on the discs).
Post edited October 22, 2016 by RPGOracle
Punkoinyc: Does this game have a more serious tone than the last one? All the childish jokes about dirty panties and cats licking themselves really put me off the first game.
The jokes didn't bother me at all in the first game, personally.
I backed it on kickstarter even tho I will probably never play it. Just like Witcher 3 (bought the box). I dont have a question but I wanted to say I am proud of Larian and their contribution to RPG genre.
If you mess up a character's build, or decide you are tired of that build and want to try something else, how difficult will it be to fix it? Will it be as simple as going into the menu and re-allocating points, or will it require starting over with a new character? (Or somewhere in between?)
Not sure if anyone asked this but will there be the daylight/night climate that was supposed to be in first game but got canned (for whatever reason) , in this one?.
dtgreene: If you mess up a character's build, or decide you are tired of that build and want to try something else, how difficult will it be to fix it? Will it be as simple as going into the menu and re-allocating points, or will it require starting over with a new character? (Or somewhere in between?)
According to a guide I checked when starting the original there is apparently some point where you can respec your characters in the first one, though I have yet to find / reach it.
dtgreene: If you mess up a character's build, or decide you are tired of that build and want to try something else, how difficult will it be to fix it? Will it be as simple as going into the menu and re-allocating points, or will it require starting over with a new character? (Or somewhere in between?)
In the DoS2, the origin story you pick at the start, and the choices you make are crucial to the path you have available to you. So you most likely won't be able to change those halfway through the game. You may be able to change your general stats, though...
I'd like to know why did you decide to have sexist female armours in this game when DOS1 didn't have them as bad? I understand it with the older 90s games like Divine Divinity, but why did you take out the option to look badass for female warriors, mages and other characters, even when it was more possible in DOS1 and people were annoyed about the sexualization of the female armour with the first game so much you changed it, and now you're going back to sexist designs again?

I'm very disappointed about that since I always enjoy playing in cool looking armours and robes, and now I have to pick a guy as the female clothes make me look very uncomfortable and realistic, while the male ones get all the fun stuff.

So I'd honestly like to know why does the game have much more sexist female armour than DOS1 has and practically no badass armour options for women. Thank you!
Post edited October 23, 2016 by Green_Hilltop
Green_Hilltop: I'd like to know why did you decide to have sexist female armours in this game when DOS1 didn't have them as bad?
Could you post a link to demonstrate what you mean, or explain more in detail? I'm a bit confused by your statements about the female clothes supposedly being "sexualized/sexist" - and looking "realistic" at the same time ...
1. Do you have any plans adding D:OS 1 (and D:OS 1 EE) to GOG Connect program (or give us another way to redeem the game on GOG)?

2. Will there be DLC?

3. Will D:OS 2 have any Enhanced/Definitve editions in the future, and if yes, will they be free?
Green_Hilltop: I'd like to know why did you decide to have sexist female armours in this game when DOS1 didn't have them as bad? I understand it with the older 90s games like Divine Divinity, but why did you take out the option to look badass for female warriors, mages and other characters, even when it was more possible in DOS1 and people were annoyed about the sexualization of the female armour with the first game so much you changed it, and now you're going back to sexist designs again?

I'm very disappointed about that since I always enjoy playing in cool looking armours and robes, and now I have to pick a guy as the female clothes make me look very uncomfortable and realistic, while the male ones get all the fun stuff.

So I'd honestly like to know why does the game have much more sexist female armour than DOS1 has and practically no badass armour options for women. Thank you!
Incomming rant:
Personally, playing as a male character left me feeling pumped up on steriods.
The male charecters didnt feel natural at all since there arent that many people in such a good shape in the real world.

I dont understand why people need to focus and complain about how charecters look in a videogame
it just fiction, deal with it, unless its a bug or something along these lines.
Shoud we start cencoring books because some people are offended by some words as well?

Rant over.

The imagination of creators can not be restricted or hindered by arbitary demmands and rules
Let the creators create what they want.
Post edited October 23, 2016 by Lodium
Will the GOG & STEAM versions of the game be Multiplayer Compatible, or is each version stuck in its own walled garden?

... and what about console cross play now that MS & SONY have relaxed some of their restrictions on cross play with PC users.
Green_Hilltop: I'd like to know why did you decide to have sexist female armours in this game when DOS1 didn't have them as bad? I understand it with the older 90s games like Divine Divinity, but why did you take out the option to look badass for female warriors, mages and other characters, even when it was more possible in DOS1 and people were annoyed about the sexualization of the female armour with the first game so much you changed it, and now you're going back to sexist designs again?

Lodium: Incomming rant:
Personally, playing as a male character left me feeling pumped up on steriods.
The male charecters didnt feel natural at all since there arent that many people in such a good shape in the real world.

I dont understand why people need to focus and complain about how charecters look in a videogame
it just fiction, deal with it, unless its a bug or something along these lines.
Shoud we start cencoring books because some people are offended by some words as well?

Rant over.

The imagination of creators can not be restricted or hindered by arbitary demmands and rules
Let the creators create what they want.
I agree for a different reason. I’m a man so I have no idea how women react to fantasy images of men but very few male characters are average guys. Most of them are very well built either in the slim or bulky way. I assume women notice. If they don’t or it’s not a big deal why is it a big deal that all or most fantasy women have also apparently won the genetic lottery? It’s called fantasy for christ’s sake not documentary of dragon slayers in history. Can’t we just get on with it?