It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

GOG Games Festival is here, along with 1200+ cool gaming deals and waves of upcoming titles that will help you decide on what to play next and also prepare for in the future. Today we welcome 6 new games from Devolver Digital that are coming soon to GOG.COM:

Card Shark is an upcoming action-adventure game where you fleece and cheat your way to the top of 18th-century French society.

Inscryption is an inky black card-based odyssey that blends the deckbuilding roguelike, escape-room style puzzles, and psychological horror into a blood-laced smoothie.

Shadow Warrior 3 is an offbeat FPS game with a seamless blend of fast-paced gunplay, razor-sharp melee combat, and a spectacular free-running movement system.

Terra Nil is a reverse city builder about ecosystem reconstruction where you turn a barren wasteland into an ecological paradise complete with different flora and fauna.

Trek to Yomi is a poetic action-adventure title where you join a lone samurai on his breathtaking voyage beyond life and death.

Weird West is an RPG sim where you must survive and unveil the mysteries of a strange land through the intertwined destinies of its unusual heroes.

Celebrate GOG Games Festival with us and discover more fascinating titles that are coming soon to GOG.COM!
Ah, lo wang. I am afraid it’s a wait and see on shadow warrior 3. 2013 was a cracking game which I have played through three times and has a great story. 2 however was a real disappointment, and I tried it only a month or so back again to give it another shot. It’s a great engine, and nice graphically, but on every other level falls flat. Randomised levels, no story, guns are useless, filled with borderlands loot system, pointless side quest missions. Don’t get me wrong, it’s fun to chop things up for half hour or so, but that’s as deep as it gets, after that it’s just increase the numbers, randomise, and do again. Hoji must be sad.
I'm iffy on supporting devolver after they gave a lot of money to fund Anita Sarkeesian. Not only is she trying to ruin games and is not, nor never has been a gamer - but she also grifted her own fans and basically took all the money they donated to her and went on a vacation. She didn't even pay her employees. And then Devolver surprises us all by giving a known grifter this large sum of money. I just can't stand for that, and it sucks because I loved Devolver Digital as a company.
BitMaster_1980: I really liked Shadow Warrior but could never get into the second one. I don't mind randomization in the right places but for Shadow Warrior it just ripped out essential parts of the experience. Does anyone have information on how the third is going to swing there?
idbeholdME: They are going back to the structure they used in SW 1.
That is excellent news. I usually do not have much overlap with first person shooters but the first one really hit a surprising sweet spot for me.
Wonder how they'll botch Shadow Warrior 3, I hated the second game's randomized design and consolified powers, it made the experience feel hollow. I miss the tight, focussed level design, sense of progression and story from the first...

Edit: Watched the trailer... yeah they've definitely been playing Doom Eternal. Please don't screw this one up.
Post edited August 20, 2021 by ReynardFox
Loving the look and premise of Terra Nil (reverse city-builder). Looks very relaxing, and something I could see myself chilling out to during the evenings after a work.

You could say that this pretty much achieves the same goal as a shoot-em-up would, or dropping a fairly large arsenal of nukes. As the ultimate goal is to wipe-out the biggest virus on the planet, then let nature takes its course... But then I guess that wouldn't be such a relaxing game, and would pretty much follow huge swathes of games already in existence, but would cater to a larger audience, I guess.

Anyway, wish-listed.
Post edited August 20, 2021 by Trooper1270
Trooper1270: Loving the look and premise of Terra Nil (reverse city-builder). Looks very relaxing, and something I could see myself chilling out to during the evenings after a work.

You could say that this pretty much achieves the same goal as a shoot-em-up would, or dropping a fairly large arsenal of nukes. As the ultimate goal is to wipe-out the biggest virus on the planet, then let nature takes its course... But then I guess that wouldn't be such a relaxing game, and would pretty much follow huge swathes of games already in existence, but would cater to a larger audience, I guess.

Anyway, wish-listed.
Have you tried the free version of the game? It's on itch.io and I really liked it. I'm a bit disappointed they gave up their beautiful pixel style, it was one of the best pixel arts I've ever seen. Compared to the original prototype this here looks rather generic imho.
Post edited August 20, 2021 by Wolfram_von_Thal
Trooper1270: Loving the look and premise of Terra Nil (reverse city-builder). Looks very relaxing, and something I could see myself chilling out to during the evenings after a work.

Anyway, wish-listed.
Wolfram_von_Thal: Have you tried the free version of the game? It's on itch.io and I really liked it. I'm a bit disappointed they gave up their beautiful pixel style, it was one of the best pixel arts I've ever seen. Compared to this it looks rather generic now imho.
No I haven't, this is the first time of me hearing about the game. Thanks for the heads up. I have an itch.oi account, so will pop over there and take a look.
Shadow Warrior 3 and Weird West got to my wishlist and Trek to Yomi and Terra Nil look interesting too.
No love for Inscrytion? Looks dope.
+1 to Weird West as well.
I'm not sure why they keep radically changing the Shadow Warrior formula, tone, and style with each sequel, but that's a horrible idea on their parts IMO.

They should have simply kept the template from Shadow Warrior (2013), which is an excellent game.

Part 2 is a lot worse than that...and it looks like part 3 is going to be a lot worse yet again.
nightcraw1er.488: Ah, lo wang. I am afraid it’s a wait and see on shadow warrior 3. 2013 was a cracking game which I have played through three times and has a great story. 2 however was a real disappointment, and I tried it only a month or so back again to give it another shot. It’s a great engine, and nice graphically, but on every other level falls flat. Randomised levels, no story, guns are useless, filled with borderlands loot system, pointless side quest missions. Don’t get me wrong, it’s fun to chop things up for half hour or so, but that’s as deep as it gets, after that it’s just increase the numbers, randomise, and do again. Hoji must be sad.
I really don't get this constant screaming about "Borderlands loot", which I assume is just everybody parroting the most common complaint which is not even true. SW 2 is pretty much nothing like Borderlands. All guns have a fixed place you get them from (except 1 or 2 which are indeed random drops but you are pretty much guaranteed to get them in a playthrough), the only loot that ever drops are upgrades. In Borderlands, you have to farm the same boss 497 times to get a gun you want to drop. You can play SW 2 smoothly and never grind anything, just revise your upgrades every 10 or so levels... Just because it is an FPS game and it has some form of loot doesn't automatically mean it plays like Borderlands.

Same with the common complaints of guns being useless. Never felt like that for a second in that game. And you can easily reach a state where you will 1 shot multiple trash enemies with a single shotgun shot on the hardest difficulty. The key is using elements and status effects properly. All that is before you even get into upgrading guns with the Orbs of Masamune in the late game.

Story is weaker than in the first game, but passable.

The only thing I agree with is that the randomized level design really did not do much good for the game, but is is outweighed by the stellar shooting mechanics. The side quests are just a means to get you to shoot more stuff and there is really not that many of them. Yes, SW 1 is better, but SW 2 doesn't deserve all the flak it keeps getting.
Post edited August 20, 2021 by idbeholdME
Terra Nil wishlisted!
Trek to Yomi will be an instabuy!

I love the first Shadow Warrior and played through it multiple times. The second one was a disappointment and it seems this one goes the bad route even further. So not interested at all.

Btw. nice that every game will work on Win7!

edit: lol, I've just seen that nightcraw1er.488 had almost written the exact same sentences (just more elaborate) :D
Post edited August 20, 2021 by russellskanne
Nice.
Three new games for the wishlist.
Yeah! I was hoping for Card Shark, and kind of expecting it since we have the Reigns games and Pikunikku. I think we are getting most Devolver releases anzway. It looks beuatiful, many translations, interesting concept.
I had forgot about Inscryption. Another one that immediately catched me from the screenshots. And it also comes for Linux.
SW3: SW screenshots always catch the eye but I still have to finish 1. Maybe it wasn's the right time for me to play it but I abandoned it out of boredom. Also, I'd try Hard Reset first. I now, I'm always behind.
I also had to wishlist Treck to Yomi - just please, people, don't go around in Japan talking like the voice in the trailer.
And I'm still fully satisfied of my recent acquisitions in the Devolver bundle. Way to go! Now, if they would update Luftrausers I'd get that one too...