It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Dalswyn: I have been a Gog customer for nearly 12 years, during which I didn't spend a cent on Steam. Heck, I only created a Steam account because of Gog Connect.

Stupid PR stunts, banjaxed client, shipwrecked Linux support, arcane store curation... I've winced, but also looked the other way, hoping things would improve. This crap is the last straw.

Tadaa! Look what I've just bought. I am not saying I will not ever buy anything again from Gog. But after all these years, it sure won't be my go-to store anymore. Way to go, Gog!
I'm in a similar situation. Don't use steam, have bought 100s of games on gog. Really disappointed with the way they have dealt with this. I will certainly think twice before buying from here again.
high rated
Well, luckily I don't live in China and can just use the free market to tell you to fuck off with that decision GOG.
You won't be getting another cent from me.
DRM is a problem, but I'd rather have my games locked down on Steam than deal with you after this little incident.

For the record, no ill intent toward any employees over in your team, I am sure most of you are against this shit decision by the suits, but I'd advise you to take a stand and not work for a company that doesn't support free speech.
Post edited December 19, 2020 by Nible1
high rated
I'm just gonna leave this here to remind CDPR of their greatest fuck-ups among their increasing number of fuck-ups:

CD Projekt Red Employees REVOLT Over Cyberpunk 2077 & ROAST Executives For Pushing The Game Out!
Ancient-Red-Dragon: Check this out:

a company whose slogan, plastered on posters all around its Warsaw office, is “We are rebels.”
Ancient-Red-Dragon: Source: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-12-18/cyberpunk-game-maker-faces-hostile-staff-after-failed-launch

So if CDPR/GOG pride themselves on being rebels, then why don't they reverse their terrible decision to censor Devotion, and instead do what a true rebel would do, and release it?

If not, that's pretty hypocritical to call themselves rebels, yet they actually conform and bend the knee and submit to their fear of the CCP.
It is actually very appropriate slogan considering that the communist China they are collaborating with is rebellious part of the real China (Taiwan).
high rated
YongYea: CD Projekt Backlash Gets Worse After GOG Abandons Indie Game Devotion Due To Pressure From China

Learning the devs are from Taiwan tells me everything of what is going on, and really disliking GoG even more now. And i've already been not purchasing anything for 3 years...
high rated

Another developer asked whether CD Projekt’s directors felt it was hypocritical to make a game about corporate exploitation while expecting that their employees work overtime. The response was vague and noncommital.
Ancient-Red-Dragon:
At least they got an answer! chuckles
high rated
What could the Chinese government even DO if it got released? What COULD they do? You can't tell me they're dumb enough to wage war over a game. Plus, people throw fits over stuff that happens in the gaming industry all the time! What makes this different? I said it before and I'll say it again: This whole "controversy" is a joke.
high rated
WeirdoGeek: What could the Chinese government even DO if it got released? What COULD they do? You can't tell me they're dumb enough to wage war over a game. Plus, people throw fits over stuff that happens in the gaming industry all the time! What makes this different? I said it before and I'll say it again: This whole "controversy" is a joke.
I doubt the Chinese government is even involved. CD Projekt management probably just got scared of "patriotic" Chinese trolls threatening with Cyberpunk boycott if they hosted Devotion and they didn't have enough backbone to stand up to them.
high rated
WeirdoGeek: What could the Chinese government even DO if it got released? What COULD they do? You can't tell me they're dumb enough to wage war over a game. Plus, people throw fits over stuff that happens in the gaming industry all the time! What makes this different? I said it before and I'll say it again: This whole "controversy" is a joke.
LordJF: I doubt the Chinese government is even involved. CD Projekt management probably just got scared of "patriotic" Chinese trolls threatening with Cyberpunk boycott if they hosted Devotion and they didn't have enough backbone to stand up to them.
Well, GOG can certainly say they've got a lot of messages from gamers on the matter now!
Ancient-Red-Dragon: Check this out:

Source: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-12-18/cyberpunk-game-maker-faces-hostile-staff-after-failed-launch

So if CDPR/GOG pride themselves on being rebels, then why don't they reverse their terrible decision to censor Devotion, and instead do what a true rebel would do, and release it?

If not, that's pretty hypocritical to call themselves rebels, yet they actually conform and bend the knee and submit to their fear of the CCP.
Leevi: It is actually very appropriate slogan considering that the communist China they are collaborating with is rebellious part of the real China (Taiwan).
I wish Chiang Kai Shek would have been more thoughtful and di more to crush the communist cancer. Though we can ultimately blame Imperial Japan for the CCP's rise to power.
This is my reasoning behind encouraging people to go ahead and make games and throw pooh references in. What's the gaming industry going to do, not release them? There's also, always, the possibility of releasing them on your own, especially if you don't expect alot of customers (or releasing it for free if you're so inclined, as then no one other than a government can really touch you). Get enough popularity and the CCP will be so ridiculously frustrated at their lack of any capacity to effect any change on the matter, that they'll loose control. Look how out of control they are over the little things. Now imagine something actually getting big with the CCP having absolutely now power to stop it, because it's where they don't have influence, and simultaneously forces the game-industry (and other industries) to question their positions. Imagine something getting big enough that the usual knockoffs inevitably end up developed.

Don't get me wrong, doesn't have to be pure propaganda. Perhaps just a normal game with some cutting marks about COVID's origins and winnie the pooh. Doesn't take much.
low rated
Nible1: Well, luckily I don't live in China and can just use the free market to tell you to fuck off with that decision GOG.
DRM is a problem, but I'd rather have my games locked down on Steam than deal with you after this little incident.

For the record, no ill intent toward any employees over in your team, I am sure most of you are against this shit decision by the suits, but I'd advise you to take a stand and not work for a company that doesn't support free speech.
Lol, what a dummy. China's been capitalist since 1970s. The majority of their economy is in private hands. Most of our products come from China; an idiot like you will boycott GOG for this decision when I grantee you the overwhelmingly majority of your products are China based. You virtue signaling idiots really aren't doing much to change the outcome here since the market in China is too big for anyone with brains to ignore.

Instead of being manchildren; live in reality and understand how business works.
Post edited December 19, 2020 by user deleted
Nible1: Well, luckily I don't live in China and can just use the free market to tell you to fuck off with that decision GOG.

Suminia: Lol, what a dummy. China's been capitalist since 1970s. The majority of their economy is in private hands. Most of our products come from China; an idiot like you will boycott GOG for this decision when I grantee you the overwhelmingly majority of your products are China based. You virtue signaling idiots really aren't doing much to change the outcome here since the market in China is too big for anyone with brains to ignore.

Instead of being manchildren; live in reality and understand how business works.
China needs to be called out for their actions and public opinion against China is definitely a good thing. You're the type of person to give up your freedom for products. In short, you're a bootlicker. China still is communist. Every company there is a slave to the CCP. Just because they have elements of capitalism does not make them a true capitalistic country. The only reason they even have capitalism is because they are evil, not stupid. They know if they didn't have some form of capitalism, there whole system would eventually collapse like the Sovient Union. Part of the reason North Korea is poor is because they do not have capitalist system liek China does. However, as I stated China is a hybrid of communism and capitalism.
low rated
Suminia: Lol, what a dummy. China's been capitalist since 1970s. The majority of their economy is in private hands. Most of our products come from China; an idiot like you will boycott GOG for this decision when I grantee you the overwhelmingly majority of your products are China based. You virtue signaling idiots really aren't doing much to change the outcome here since the market in China is too big for anyone with brains to ignore.

Shiznown: China needs to be called out for their actions and public opinion against China is definitely a good thing. You're the type of person to give up your freedom for products. In short, you're a bootlicker. China still is communist. Every company there is a slave to the CCP. Just because they have elements of capitalism does not make them a true capitalistic country. The only reason they even have capitalism is because they are evil, not stupid. They know if they didn't have some form of capitalism, there whole system would eventually collapse like the Sovient Union. Part of the reason North Korea is poor is because they do not have capitalist system liek China does. However, as I stated China is a hybrid of communism and capitalism.
China isn't "hybrid communist" you fucking retard; its capitalist. They literally decollectivized in the 1970s. They're a capitalist country that 'sconstantly opening their market. They have the highest per capita billionaires. Please, just stop pretending you know anything China when you're just a retard who gets your geo-political takes from twitter. Freedom to me is doing what I want with my life, that means buying products that I want. GOG sells products I want, and the China situation is fine by me too because I still buy products from China, and I can still buy the products I want from GOG. If you're going to cry about it - you can easily get the game somewhere else.

You're just a dumb kid; you're probably not even above the age of 18. You have no idea how the world works. There is no nation, on this planet, that does not do "dirty deeds" or "crimes against the people." Stop having head up your own ass - learn how business actually works.
Post edited December 19, 2020 by user deleted
high rated
Suminia: Instead of being manchildren; live in reality and understand how business works.
Sorry about that, can you help me understand how business works?
Here's how I thought business works.

As a customer, I try to find the balance between quality and price.
No problem buying products from one country or the other, whether it's China or not. If they make products that fit my bill, they deserve my money.

However, I do not purchase from companies that believe that my business (my selling and purchasing of a product) should be affected by a foreign nation's politics. In other words, if a company believes that I should not get access to a product due to a foreign nation's political beliefs, I no longer care about the price/quality equation.

Don't care about a foreign government and their politics, that's their business, not my place to judge. No virtue signaling, for all I care China can shoot its own country's innocent citizen since there is nothing in my power to stop them. That's for the Chinese to figure out. But if a company I trade with believes that their politics should affect the country I reside in and the way I personally do business, then I stop doing business with them.

Is that not fair?
Post edited December 19, 2020 by Nible1