It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

lace_gardenia: funny how white privilege seems to simultaneously exist and not exist, going by what people here are angry about and use as an argument
It's not really funny, it's quite simple in fact.

It exists to people who live sheltered lives, and therefore are easy prey to a cult, but it doesn't exist to people who live in the real world, and have real problems.

Very, very simple.
Dalthnock: Stop being racist, it's disgusting.
lace_gardenia: against myself?
CityDPRED: Hmm, systematic you say?
Oh, I realise you used a different word, but anyway the point still stands. Race wasn’t an issue until a certain side chose to jump upon it, odd timing, no?
lace_gardenia: "racism don't exist as long as we ignore it", eh?
Is that what I said? No, it is not. I was bringing up that it became an issue due to a certain time period in a certain country that is filled to the brim of issues anyway.

I am wasting my breath though, I’m debating with what I’m assuming is a White(?) Swedish Goth full of White guilt, who is part of a group that demand to have the same human rights as others, but is adamant that only Whites are from the ground up racist and who supports a deplorable regime that is actually racist towards others, so much so that they don’t allow certain types into trademarked establishments and they enslave those they deem inferior, what complete mental gymnastics, bizarro world.

Good luck, you’re gonna need it!
Time4Tea: Maybe Red Candle Games should reach out to Zoom Platform (if no-one else has already suggested it)? I would buy the game if it were on there, for sure.
Zoom itself has it already on radar:

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/devotion_probable_release_on_zoom_platform
Gersen: The thing is that if you start boycotting every company that ever has or will bow down before China then... well... you need to stop purchasing games, stop purchasing phones, TV, cars, computer, stop watching movies and TV series, and depending where you live even stop using electricity (and you cannot even purchase solar panels to produce your own).

So while I don't like what Gog did it's sadly the norm rather than a exception, like I said I am more angry at the way they handled it (i.e. say they will sell it, then a couple of hours say they won't before of "gamers") than if they simply hadn't sold the game from the beginning.
You are just trying to excuse yourself, i feel.

Only very few people, if any at all, can boycott every single company they know of bowing down before China. But many can afford to boycott at least some of such companies they know of. Remember, to get a forest, you don't have to plant all the trees alone by yourself. Let different people plant each a few different trees, and if there are enough people doing it, you will still get a magnificent sprawling forest. But yeah, being the pessimist i am, i am afraid many people won't get up if it would cost them even a smidge of superficial comfort.

"racism don't exist as long as we ignore it", eh?
CityDPRED: Is that what I said? No, it is not. I was bringing up that it became an issue due to a certain time period in a certain country that is filled to the brim of issues anyway.

I am wasting my breath though, I’m debating with what I’m assuming is a White(?) Swedish Goth full of White guilt, who is part of a group that demand to have the same human rights as others, but is adamant that only Whites are from the ground up racist and who supports a deplorable regime that is actually racist towards others, so much so that they don’t allow certain types into trademarked establishments and they enslave those they deem inferior, what complete mental gymnastics, bizarro world.

It's a humiliation fetish.

I get it, but if these people go around being submissive to random people all the time (as long as they're properly colored), things are bound to go wrong eventually.

If nothing else, they'll find themselves being looked down on, mocked, and will not be taken seriously for or over anything, which might be a problem for, say, finding a job, when this current fad disappears - which it seems, won't be long, now. No one wants to hire someone who likes to act inferior all the time. Well, there are SOME jobs, but you know what I mean.

Guess they'll just keep blaming others.

Fetishes are fine, but they should be kept ion the bedroom, between partners. Or among, as may be the case. When people let fetishes control their daily lives, THAT is when it becomes a problem.

I just wish they didn't kept trying to make it my problem, too.

Cheers!
Post edited December 18, 2020 by Dalthnock
low rated

"racism don't exist as long as we ignore it", eh?
CityDPRED: Good luck, you’re gonna need it!
k
CityDPRED: Is that what I said? No, it is not. I was bringing up that it became an issue due to a certain time period in a certain country that is filled to the brim of issues anyway.

Dalthnock: It's a humiliation fetish.
wow
Post edited December 18, 2020 by lace_gardenia
Dalthnock: It's a humiliation fetish.
lace_gardenia: wow
Am I wrong?
high rated
shattenyagger: are we gonna get any official word from GOG at all? It's been about 2 days now..
LordJF: Doubt it. Their plan seems to be keep silent until people stop bringing this up.
The plan is to keep silent until people have blown off some steam, forgot about the whole thing and start purchasing games again (assuming they stopped GOG purchases in the first place). And after that, keep staying silent until... forever.
Post edited December 18, 2020 by elgonzo
elgonzo: Only very few people, if any at all, can boycott every single company they know of bowing down before China. But many can afford to boycott at least some of such companies they know of. Remember, to get a forest, you don't have to plant all the trees alone by yourself. Let different people plant each a few different trees, and if there are enough people doing it, you will still get a magnificent sprawling forest. But yeah, being the pessimist i am, i am afraid many people won't get up if it would cost them even a smidge of superficial comfort.
But then if you only boycott companies selectively, as in the ones that impact you the less, it's not really doing anything except low risk virtue signaling.

I mean I can boycott Riot because of their ties with China and the whole Hong Kong fiasco and boast about it online... but then again I never played LoL or any of their games and don't have any intention too do so because they don't interest me.

It's the same thing with the dev removing two games from Gog, which probably represents a percent or less of the total sales while at the same time keeping them on Steam who works hands in hands with the Chinese government to create a China approved Steam.
low rated
lace_gardenia: wow
Dalthnock: Am I wrong?
quite
Dalthnock: Am I wrong?
lace_gardenia: quite
What's the point of putting yourself down for all the world to see, then?
low rated
lace_gardenia: quite
Dalthnock: What's the point of putting yourself down for all the world to see, then?
https://64.media.tumblr.com/c7d96addb80bc40cdfcfa15e38830865/tumblr_mz837jbboX1tp7q0oo1_500.gif
Dalthnock: What's the point of putting yourself down for all the world to see, then?
lace_gardenia: https://64.media.tumblr.com/c7d96addb80bc40cdfcfa15e38830865/tumblr_mz837jbboX1tp7q0oo1_500.gif
That's not really an answer, is it?
Don't feed the bigoted, brainwashed slave to identity politics, it's going to go nowhere except dragging the thread off course.

Edited to correct terms*
Post edited December 18, 2020 by ReynardFox
Gersen: But then if you only boycott companies selectively, as in the ones that impact you the less, it's not really doing anything except low risk virtue signaling.
No. It isn't. It is doing something that's within your realm of possibilities and abilities.
People who think that only things worth doing are things that will shatter the moon, and all other efforts would be too lowly to even contemplate, are usually people who do nothing at all.

But we don't need to agree. If complacency is preferred, so be it...