It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
tbirdo: "Many gamers" eh? Good to know GoG will just remove games if we ask nicely.

Any trash games you want removed from gog?
Gwent, of course.
high rated
Turbo-Beaver: It's just a matter of time before something controversial is found in Cyberpunk 2077. I'm curious what's gonna happen then.
Munuxi: Well, the game's already been receiving backlash for being transphobic so there's that.
That kind of outrage is always fake. Popular trend of being outraged.
high rated
There were a nice couple of games on sale that I considered buying. I'm gonna pass on that now. My backlog is large enough anyways.
high rated
toxicTom: Maybe it's not a lie, just missing info: "Chinese" in the front.
First I thought it's bullshit too, but then I thought again. We often forget that China is huge in terms of sheer manpower. So let's see:

There are 1 billion Chinese.
Let's assume there are 100 million gamers - 10% of the population.
From those let's assume 5% dedicated fans of Winnie the Pooh. Which is an extremely low estimate, if you look how leadership cults work and considering life-long indoctrination starting in early childhood. That's 5 million gamers in the Winnie-Fanclub probably well organised in what they have for Twitter. And's just the dedicated fans of the leadership, not counting their wider circle of people who just tag along trying to make a good impression.
PixelBoy: A nice theory, but you are forgetting that Twitter is blocked in China.

So, it's more likely that any such Twitter campaigns are organised efforts by the government, or in the more unlikely scenario some fanclub outside China.

If it's indeed people inside China, that would be a very ironic thing to happen. People would be violating the governmental censorship in order to support the government that has created the censorship to begin with!
Not a very likely scenario, that one.
Exactly. Whenever you see a particular patriotic Chinese person on the net, he is not a Chinese person. He is the propaganda arm of the communist party. They keep their citizens locked inside the wall, but themselves are free to shit everywhere outside.
high rated
I suddenly don't feel the need of making future purchases here for some reason. GOG created this mess and they will have to clean it up. This was a genuinely super shitty thing to do to a developer that you had an agreement with GOG. You have to do right by Red Candle Games and then maybe I will reconsider. Otherwise I guess you will have to try to fill your greedy hands with Chinese RMB from now on because my cash will have to go elsewhere.
Post edited December 17, 2020 by EnforcerSunWoo
Munuxi: Well, the game's already been receiving backlash for being transphobic so there's that.
darthspudius: That kind of outrage is always fake. Popular trend of being outraged.
That's beside the point. As long as there are "messages from gamers" it has to go.
high rated
bongsan: What I find really interesting in this thread is the amount of 10 years old accounts posting for the first time and asking what the hell is going on? Do we need to complain every time we get an issue with a game political's stance? Is this happening because we have been complacent and don't interact enough on social media with you guys?
If there's no problem, there's no reason to reply. Even my dog has his own forum platform, ain't got no time for Yet Another Forum Platform unless shit like this happens. They've struck at the core of what made GOG GOG, enough to get the accounts that were passive members like us active, and their reaction is ... to try to ignore it and pass it off as if nothing happened?

CDPR, enjoy your shortterm Cyberpunk 2077 success, it'll get sucked dry soon enough by the people who've convinced you to change your business model. I won't be surprised to hear "changing business models" and "shifting paradigms" to excuse GOG finishing the transition into Yet Another Game Subscription Service. CDPR, good luck into becoming the next Bioware absorved by EA, because GOG, well, GOG ain't got that many benefits to other services of its kind if it moves away from its core values.
Hey gamers can you send messages to GOG about not selling their broken build of Rainbow Six, where half the missions are unplayable because mission targets don't spawn in at all?
toxicTom: Maybe it's not a lie, just missing info: "Chinese" in the front.
First I thought it's bullshit too, but then I thought again. We often forget that China is huge in terms of sheer manpower. So let's see:

There are 1 billion Chinese.
Let's assume there are 100 million gamers - 10% of the population.
From those let's assume 5% dedicated fans of Winnie the Pooh. Which is an extremely low estimate, if you look how leadership cults work and considering life-long indoctrination starting in early childhood. That's 5 million gamers in the Winnie-Fanclub probably well organised in what they have for Twitter. And's just the dedicated fans of the leadership, not counting their wider circle of people who just tag along trying to make a good impression.
PixelBoy: A nice theory, but you are forgetting that Twitter is blocked in China.

So, it's more likely that any such Twitter campaigns are organised efforts by the government, or in the more unlikely scenario some fanclub outside China.

If it's indeed people inside China, that would be a very ironic thing to happen. People would be violating the governmental censorship in order to support the government that has created the censorship to begin with!
Not a very likely scenario, that one.
You're literally trying to use logic with the Wumao. Best of luck to you.
Chlorus: Hey gamers can you send messages to GOG about not selling their broken build of Rainbow Six, where half the missions are unplayable because mission targets don't spawn in at all?
Not gonna happen. There aren't enough Winnie Poohs in Rainbow Six for GOG to care.
Chlorus: Hey gamers can you send messages to GOG about not selling their broken build of Rainbow Six, where half the missions are unplayable because mission targets don't spawn in at all?
If you want it delisted best bet is to find something that hurts the feelings of the usual suspects.
low rated
Orkhepaj: can i get free games if i hail ccp?:O
B1tF1ghter: Sure... There is a dedicated store to that * called EGS /s

* "that" would be exchanging YOUR PERSONAL DATA (with NO WAY of deleting it from CN servers) for "free" games ;)
im already there :P totally fine personal data omg
DoctorGOGgles: Not gonna happen. There aren't enough Winnie Poohs in Rainbow Six for GOG to care.
Dang you're right, there are no missions where you gotta rescue Hong Kong democratic protestors from a Gamer police station
I'm pretty sure there were 40+ pages on this thread about an hour ago.. right?
shattenyagger: I'm pretty sure there were 40+ pages on this thread about an hour ago.. right?
The forum mods received messages from gamers & had to delete them, sorry.

(Gonna be a long time before I'm sick of making that joke, I think)