It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

EnforcerSunWoo: Was told my expectations of 1,500 were a bit on the low side and I should of figured for at least 3,000. I see the error of my ways, but hell, the sky is the limit and it should pick up as many votes as it can get.

If nothing else I hope that Red Candle can get Devotion published somewhere else (perhaps Playism) and pick up much needed sales from this. They really did get royally screwed in this deal. Also what is very sad that they still have their own relaunch trailer up on youtube for the 18th...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0Q0V1GYuOA
sunshinecorp: They already have two publishing offers because of this:

https://techraptor.net/gaming/news/devotion-gog-removal-causes-publishers-indie-devs-to-speak-up
I really hope they take one and put it back on Steam.
Post edited December 17, 2020 by WeirdoGeek
high rated
EnforcerSunWoo: If nothing else I hope that Red Candle can get Devotion published somewhere else (perhaps Playism) and pick up much needed sales from this. They really did get royally screwed in this deal. Also what is very sad that they still have their own relaunch trailer up on youtube for the 18th...
Honestly that's the things that annoy (to remain polite) me the most in this whole fiasco, that CDPG knell down before China honestly I am not surprised, sadly every international companies does, from Valve, Activision to Microsoft, Google and Apple. So that they don't want to sell the game because of that, I don't like it but I can understand it.

But announce that they will sell the game, let the devs announce it too, and then suddenly out of nowhere change their mind and put some BS excuse of "it's gamers who asked us too" that really rub me the wrong way. Not only it's a major dick move toward the devs but it's also so incredibly stupid from a PR point of view. I mean it's not like this game "controversy" is something hidden, literally 1 minutes on Google reveal all of it, how can anybody be so stupid as to announce the game and cancel it two hours later.

At this point it's not shooting yourself in the foot it's dropping the whole US nuclear arsenal on it!
Post edited December 17, 2020 by Gersen
EnforcerSunWoo: Was told my expectations of 1,500 were a bit on the low side and I should of figured for at least 3,000. I see the error of my ways, but hell, the sky is the limit and it should pick up as many votes as it can get.

If nothing else I hope that Red Candle can get Devotion published somewhere else (perhaps Playism) and pick up much needed sales from this. They really did get royally screwed in this deal. Also what is very sad that they still have their own relaunch trailer up on youtube for the 18th...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0Q0V1GYuOA
sunshinecorp: They already have two publishing offers because of this:

https://techraptor.net/gaming/news/devotion-gog-removal-causes-publishers-indie-devs-to-speak-up
They're most likely only doing it for the wrong reasons a.i. some good and cheap PR, but so what, good for the devs in any case. :D
Thanks for that link!
On a sidenote, I think there's going to be quite a few indie dev teams that won't touch gog from now on or pull their games (which is already happening), which is completely understandable.
Post edited December 17, 2020 by NuffCatnip
Gersen: At this point it's not shooting yourself in the foot it's dropping the whole US nuclear arsenal on it!
Probably nuclear manchester united, too!

...okay, terrible joke.
https://twitter.com/redcandlegames/status/1339148313032060929
Devotion is coming to GoG : 4,1k likes

https://twitter.com/GOGcom/status/1339227388438306817
2,1k likes from chinese bots
"Ok guys, we heard you loud and clear : you don't want it, we won't sell it"

https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/devotion
Wishlist : 2,7k vote atm, and the counter is increasing incredibly fast.

lol

As an excuse, GoG should release Detention and Devotion.
NuffCatnip: On a sidenote, I think there's going to be quite a few indie dev teams that won't touch gog from now on or pull their games (which is already happening), which is completely understandable.
Oh, for sure. How could they not have seen this coming? It was a terrible move no matter how you look at it. They've managed to alienate both users and developers.
high rated
Had no idea that GOG was in the business of sucking off Chinese CCP members. When they are done, can they come over and blow me as well?
high rated
https://imgur.com/a/d6VNgRl
Post edited December 17, 2020 by MrZeno
low rated
lace_gardenia: china is capitalism with communist aesthetics

they have billionaires
ScarletEmerald: I believe that's what's called being "more equal" than others.

And what has happened here is a State actor meddling in the free market. That is the opposite of Capitalism.
corrupt state-capitalism or lassies faire capitalism, either system exploits the worker
high rated
NuffCatnip: On a sidenote, I think there's going to be quite a few indie dev teams that won't touch gog from now on or pull their games (which is already happening), which is completely understandable.
sunshinecorp: Oh, for sure. How could they not have seen this coming? It was a terrible move no matter how you look at it. They've managed to alienate both users and developers.
It would have been baffling if this was the only misstep, but since all those other fuckups, not so much.

Their Twitter isn't looking so hot as well.
Can we actually buy this game somewhere at the moment?
high rated
EnforcerSunWoo: If nothing else I hope that Red Candle can get Devotion published somewhere else (perhaps Playism) and pick up much needed sales from this. They really did get royally screwed in this deal. Also what is very sad that they still have their own relaunch trailer up on youtube for the 18th...
Gersen: Honestly that's the things that annoy (to remain polite) me the most in this whole fiasco, that CDPG knell down before China honestly I am not surprised, sadly every international companies does, from Valve, Activision to Microsoft, Google and Apple. So that they don't want to sell the game because of that, I don't like it but I can understand it.

But announce that they will sell the game, let the devs announce it too, and then suddenly out of nowhere change their mind and put some BS excuse of "it's gamers who asked us too" that really rub me the wrong way. Not only it's a major dick move toward the devs but it's also so incredibly stupid from a PR point of view. I mean it's not like this game "controversy" is something hidden, literally 1 minutes on Google reveal all of it, how can anybody be so stupid as to announce the game and cancel it two hours later.

At this point it's not shooting yourself in the foot it's dropping the whole US nuclear arsenal on it!
GOG obviously had an agreement with Red Candle Games, one in which that they broke. Why the hell should any indie dev trust them at this rate? Who's to say that they won't bend the knee to some other controversy down the road and boom, another game removed, and boom here is another, and yet another. Where the hell does it end? This sets a terrible precedence that might have repercussion upon itself in short order.

They also are saying that the demands of China outweigh all of their customers in the rest of the world, and this is by their actions alone. This is so very short sighted that it isn't even funny. I fail to see the logic in the decision and do not believe that they took any time whatsoever in coming to said decision. It is almost like they lost their fucking minds.
Post edited December 17, 2020 by EnforcerSunWoo
Niggles: Can we actually buy this game somewhere at the moment?
The game is not sold anywhere as far as I'm aware thanks to the Chinese Cuck Party snuffing Devotion from existence, not even the devs can sell the game on their own site.
The game was only available for a limited time in a physical copy in Taiwan. That's it. Nowhere else in the world, digital or physical, are you able to buy this game.
AmethystViper: The game is not sold anywhere as far as I'm aware thanks to the Chinese Cuck Party snuffing Devotion from existence, not even the devs can sell the game on their own site.
Why cant the dev sell the game off their own site?
They should sell a digital version (surprised they havent)
Post edited December 17, 2020 by Niggles