It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

WeirdoGeek: I can't even make the sarcastic joke. This just guarantees that China is once again going to get trolled with Winnie the Pooh memes and that this is going to cause way more of an uproar than simply releasing the game could ever hope to accomplish.

Welp, looking like I'm gonna be doing ALL my game shopping on Steam now...
Do what I do. wait till it's filthy cheap then buy it so they can't profit much of me. see no reason to support another corrupt online store before the other so you need to make it so they can make as little money off you as possible. I only buy old games and ignore the new ones cause GOG refuses to bring certain titles here so I see no need to buy from them if they don't support my choice of games.
high rated
SmollestLight: We welcome civil discussions as long as they are that, civil. Refrain from using vulgar language and keep the discussion about the game.
GOG/CDPR have opened this box of Pandora personally and they CAN NOT close it anymore silently.

TOO MUCH went wrong in the last months, everything was the fault of GOG/CDPR itself.

Your employer has started this new shitstorm and will now have to endure the consequences with people stop buying stuff here and avoiding further CDPR games. "Good work" there.

Please tell that "the powers that are" at GOG/CDPR. Nothing against you personally, sorry for that.
Post edited December 16, 2020 by Anime-BlackWolf
high rated
toxicTom: Fact is also that the Chinese, who went through a lot of suffering, but also achieved a lot in the last years and decades, are genuinely proud of their country and leadership, and lack a sense of humour in that regard.
And they're not the only ones. Post "DRM-free #wontbeerased" on Twitter and watch yourself get turn apart, in the o so free "West".
Make a few jokes about Trump and be the rest of your life afraid some crazed Trumpist shows up at your front door with a gun.
We're different, but we're not better.
They really have nothing to be proud of. They're pretty much copying the holocaust one-to-one towards minorities in China - and in this case the silence of the people and the silence of leftists like you in America and Europe, just like the Nazis, is allowing for it.

The USA is nothing like a dictatorship. I'd be far more worried about the violent racism from Antifa or BLM than I would from any "Trumpist". So take your political opinion and stick it where the sun don't shine.

"We're different, but we're not better"
Yes. The West is better on Every.Single.Point. The western culture is better. The western education system is better. Western technology and western thought. Free speech and capitalism. Every single point of reference the West is better.
Post edited December 16, 2020 by shattenyagger
high rated
SmollestLight: We welcome civil discussions as long as they are that, civil. Refrain from using vulgar language and keep the discussion about the game.
Sorry, I can't discuss the game because GOG's censors are refusing to sell it to me.
high rated
GOG, don't trust China, China asshoe!
high rated
You wanted people to be civil after this? Good fucking luck. At this point, you have driven away even more people from you and your store. After the shitty bare-working client called Galaxy 2.0 and the everything surrounding Cyberpunk 2077 and now this, you have lost

No wonder your stocks have taken a dive. Now they will take a big enough dive to reach Bikini's Bottom from Spongebob Squarepants.
toxicTom: Fact is also that the Chinese, who went through a lot of suffering, but also achieved a lot in the last years and decades, are genuinely proud of their country and leadership, and lack a sense of humour in that regard.
And they're not the only ones. Post "DRM-free #wontbeerased" on Twitter and watch yourself get turn apart, in the o so free "West".
Make a few jokes about Trump and be the rest of your life afraid some crazed Trumpist shows up at your front door with a gun.
shattenyagger: They really have nothing to be proud of. They're pretty much copying the holocaust one-to-one towards minorities in China - and in this case the silence of the people and the silence of leftists like you in America and Europe, just like the Nazis, is allowing for it.

The USA is nothing like a dictatorship. I'd be far more worried about the violent racism from Antifa or BLM than I would from any "Trumpist". So take your political opinion and stick it where the sun don't shine.

"We're different, but we're not better"
Yes. The West is better on Every.Single.Point. The western culture is better. The western education system is better. Western technology and western thought. Free speech and capitalism. Every single point of reference the West is better.
I wonder if you even realize how self-cancelling your entire post was... probably not.
high rated
First the "no Galaxy - no preload" policy and DRM-locked content in Cyberpunk made me reconsider buying that game.

Still, I was looking forward to the December sale for other games.

However, it seems like any purchase from GOG now would effectively be an endorsement of censorship, so I won't be buying anything else either.

Looks like GOG is moving from one disastrous decision to another. Is there really not a single person in charge with any better judgement? I'm not even talking about the ethical side of all this but at this rate your self-inflicted damage to your reputation and reversal of everything you used to stand for is going to impact your business pretty soon.
Blame it on the developers for removing the game from steam last year, and not getting it back after a promised revision (according to their own words); now the wave hits GOG, probably a bad tactical vision from the GOG side.

Anyway, Every day, a drama. How menacing are you GOG, someone wants you on the knees and small. :D
AB2012: I'm simply bewildered at the level of PR fail here. Everyone on the planet knows when a cluster of angry Chinese bloggers magically appear out of nowhere on the same day, all saying the same thing in the same way that just happens to "conincide" with the foreign policy of the CCP (especially anything involving Taiwan), that it's bought & paid for "50 Cent Army" / "rentablog" (what China's government regularly boasts as "soft power"). The smart move would have been for GOG to simply completely ignore it and at least appear "too incompetent to respond" (you know, like they do posts on GOG's forum...). The dumbest possible move would have been to create a fake excuse like "gamers themselves demanded it" that's so painfully transparent you could re-glaze a greenhouse with it...

At the same time the hot mess that is Cyberpunk 2077, combined with an epic fail level of technical support for failing to process the MANY recent refund requests here for said game has already left a sour enough taste of "The GOG Experience" in the mouths of many coming to GOG as new potential long-term customers, that I suspect many are going to refund it and turn around and head back to Steam vowing 'never again'. What a crazy wasted opportunity at growing the store...
toxicTom: Well someone suggested that this move was to distract from the CP launch... (I admit it: I like the game so far, even on my lowly machine, so there's that), but I don't believe GOG is that clever.

I think
a) Maybe Tencent put pressure on Epic who in turn put pressure on GOG (Epic store in Galaxy) or something like that, and/or
b) GOG in all their glorious competence we've all experienced really somehow didn't know about the controversy surrounding this game in China and when after the announcement the first million complaints came in someone quickly googled the issue and went all pale, and/or
c) CDP group has a lot of chinese investors (more than 60% are publicly traded) who were not amused, and/or
d) They are genuinely afraid to lose something on the Chinese market - which is huge, but I don't how much of a foothold GOG had there. There are a few active Chinese users here on the forum, and there could be a ton of customer who might be pissed off by the game.

Fact is, this is one of the worst cases of "handling a situation" GOG ever pulled. Headless chicken could have done it better.

Fact is also that the Chinese, who went through a lot of suffering, but also achieved a lot in the last years and decades, are genuinely proud of their country and leadership, and lack a sense of humour in that regard.
I'm sure Winnie is on his way to personally congratulate you with bonus social credit score points, "gamers" couldn't have put it better.
high rated
It's difficult to understand how CD Projekt and GOG are managing to destroy their reputation so quickly and so thoroughly. Traditionally I buy games from GOG in preference to other stores due to the lack of DRM, and at this point II have 325 games here including Cyberpunk which ironically has been running well for me. As long as this decision stands however, we're done.

Totally get you're doing your job, but when GOG is making decisions that are trading our fundamental freedoms in for some quick cash, and with the potential for terrible consequences in the future, they don't have any moral high ground. I get that GOG doesn't want to lose access to a valuable market, but they aren't going to be able to have their cake and eat it.
high rated
Mr.Mumbles: Must be nice to be brainwashed so completely. I can't imagine living in a country where one simple critique could put a person into so much deep shit. Hail, dictator Xi!
In true CyberPunk style, CCPs wet dream is to implement thought pattern recognition cyberware just to eliminate anyone that don't like the current administration. There have already been reports of activist being caught in the total surveillance net and been gone since (either in "re-education camps" or...).

There's no denying the hardship they've endured through a rich history, but this is getting extreme to say the least. Censoring and erasing history is actually quite the opposite of being proud of its' own country. Without history (or backstory) there's virtually no country to speak of...
Post edited December 16, 2020 by sanscript
high rated
CityDPRED: I'm sure Winnie is on his way to personally congratulate you with bonus social credit score points,
Their approach is more stick than carrot. We're talking about "Nice family... Would be a shame if the police visited them... daily..."
high rated
I don't know if it will happen but I requested a refund for CB2077 based on this news. I boycotted Blizzard and I will boycott CDPR/GOG. It's sad but I can't support a company that makes changes that affect everybody at the behest of one country. I understand it's a huge market, but then remove the game for them. Also, don't lie to us... we're not idiots.
You make a game around the idea of (anti) establishment. A city/world run by corrupt corporations that set the rules and you go and pull this? It's extremely cowardly and hypocritical.
high rated
I was looking forward to buying it here (insta buy) after I missed out on steam. Great work CDPR, gotta lick those CCP boots.