It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Queston. Is there anybody at CDP, CDPR and GOG that isn't a spineless, gutless, lying, slinking, sleazy, slimy sack of diarrhea cockroach shit?

Less than 30 years after fighting to break free of communism and the Soviet Union, this company, based in Poland, is nothing but a bunch of pinko-commie boot-licking liars and thieves.

You scammed people out of their money on a broken and non-working product in Cyberpunk 2077 and now this.

I am glad I have not purchased or done any business with CDP, CDPR or GOG in more than a year.

I am NOT glad you stock price has only dropped 33%. May you commie supporting, genocide supporting, anti-free speech f*ckers go broke, lose your jobs and homes and die face down in a gutter.
high rated
It's actually hilarious because most Chinese gamers I know just use Steam China, lol. Old western game isn't that big of a market in China. GOG's pandering is losing more western users than gaining Chinese users.
high rated
MajicMan: Queston. Is there anybody at CDP, CDPR and GOG that isn't a spineless, gutless, lying, slinking, sleazy, slimy sack of diarrhea cockroach shit?

Less than 30 years after fighting to break free of communism and the Soviet Union, this company, based in Poland, is nothing but a bunch of pinko-commie boot-licking liars and thieves.

You scammed people out of their money on a broken and non-working product in Cyberpunk 2077 and now this.

I am glad I have not purchased or done any business with CDP, CDPR or GOG in more than a year.

I am NOT glad you stock price has only dropped 33%. May you commie supporting, genocide supporting, anti-free speech f*ckers go broke, lose your jobs and homes and die face down in a gutter.
Oh, put a sock in it. There's venting and then there's going apeshit. You're acting like a 14 year old that is throwing a fit.

Wishing for someone's death over something like that, seriously? Go visit a psychiatrist.
Post edited December 16, 2020 by NuffCatnip
high rated
I don't know who CD Projekt has bet on if it could destroy its corporate image completely in record time, but it is winning the bet.
high rated
Bloodygoodgames: Just in case you aren't sure how serious GOG's actions are and how morally bankrupt they have become, here is what Human Rights Watch has to say about China and the country's threat to EVERYONE's basic human rights.

Read that and then give me one good reason to ever buy a game again from a company that, in essence, is supporting the Chinese Communist Party for no other reason than greed and money.

A Chinese Communist Party, by the way, that is absolutely to blame for 2020 being the shittest year on record for all of us due to their lies and cover-up about Covid-19 and, because of that cover-up, the virus being spread around the world.

The CCP is a danger to all of us, and a company that supports them is just as much of a danger as they are.

https://www.hrw.org/world-report/2020/country-chapters/global
They also had Activision censor the Call of Duty: Cold War trailer to help them cover up/deny a massacre. I have a good friend who lives in China and much of what they do over there is appalling but they get away with it because "money". Still waiting for one of the larger companies to prove they value people over money by telling the CCP where to stick it, I was hoping CDPR would be the one but I guess no luck there either...
high rated
Kat_ontherun: It's actually hilarious because most Chinese gamers I know just use Steam China, lol. Old western game isn't that big of a market in China. GOG's pandering is losing more western users than gaining Chinese users.
As far as I know you can't visit gog from China without a VPN, don't quote me on that though, I've only read it in other threads. :)
This decision is probably because of all the Cyberpunk money they'd lose.
Post edited December 16, 2020 by NuffCatnip
high rated
EnforcerSunWoo: We just hit 1000! Anyway, let's keep this bad boy moving. I see 1000, can we see at least 1500?
https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/devotion
I just love the Streisand Effect, it's the center of joy for the internet :D

I don't think I've ever seen this game before, but in any case: Wishlisted!
Post edited December 16, 2020 by sanscript
high rated
What a load of waste product. They bent the knee to the CCP. I find it disturbing that they did that, we NEED to wake up and tell the CCP to SHOVE IT. We here in the US have people make fun of our president all the time, it's not a big deal, I even laugh at some of it.
high rated
The blatant and shameless lies are what I hate the most. Lies about Galaxy, lies about Epic, lies about Cyberpunk 2077 and now this.

This has to be the fastest some company has ruined their reputation and obliterated what good will they had left.
[deleted]
Post edited February 12, 2023 by lace_gardenia
high rated
fronzelneekburm: Oh look, the two top trending topics on r/games:

- SkateBIRD not coming to gog and Hot Tin Roof getting pulled over Devotion debacle
- Devotion debacle

Prison Architect giveaway has 25% the amount of upvotes the Devotion thread has.

Well done, gog! Real bang up job you did on your street cred, gog!
I'm simply bewildered at the level of PR fail here. Everyone on the planet knows when a cluster of angry Chinese bloggers magically appear out of nowhere on the same day, all saying the same thing in the same way that just happens to "conincide" with the foreign policy of the CCP (especially anything involving Taiwan), that it's bought & paid for "50 Cent Army" / "rentablog" (what China's government regularly boasts as "soft power"). The smart move would have been for GOG to simply completely ignore it and at least appear "too incompetent to respond" (you know, like they do posts on GOG's forum...). The dumbest possible move would have been to create a fake excuse like "gamers themselves demanded it" that's so painfully transparent you could re-glaze a greenhouse with it...

At the same time the hot mess that is Cyberpunk 2077, combined with an epic fail level of technical support for failing to process the MANY recent refund requests here for said game has already left a sour enough taste of "The GOG Experience" in the mouths of many coming to GOG as new potential long-term customers, that I suspect many are going to refund it and turn around and head back to Steam vowing 'never again'. What a crazy wasted opportunity at growing the store...
Post edited December 16, 2020 by AB2012
high rated
CDPR please grow a fucking spine
high rated
Wow absolutely pathetic move by these cowards.

Literally *everyone* was looking forward to finally being able to buy and play this thing again, GoG has fallen and lost so much respect from me between releasing clearly unfinished products, and now this ridiculousness.

Why suck China's dick like this? Get some goddamn integrity and stop being a puppet guys.
Jesus christ how the mighty have fallen....
high rated
Bad mark on GoG, but not surprising in the slightest. It's the same for all big media companies like Blizzard, EA and whatnot: pretend to push consumer choice and promote social justice on both their store pages and social media platforms, but have all of that marketing be conspicuously absent when marketing to less democratic countries like China or Saudi Arabia.

On the contrary you can almost always expect two-faced communication regarding these kind of situations - using ambiguous wording, claiming neutrality and cultural sensitivity when speaking to westerners, while simultaneously swearing an oath of fealty on Chinese social media about the company always putting the national integrity of the country first.

Gamers need to realize that these companies are not and never were their friends and don't have their interests in mind. But who am I kidding? There's no way GoG is going to renege on this decision and all similar future decisions, and gamers will instantly forgive and forget the moment GoG pulls off some completely unrelated pozzed marketing campaign in order to pretend they care.
high rated
Stoibs: Wow absolutely pathetic move by these cowards.

Literally *everyone* was looking forward to finally being able to buy and play this thing again, GoG has fallen and lost so much respect from me between releasing clearly unfinished products, and now this ridiculousness.

Why suck China's dick like this? Get some goddamn integrity and stop being a puppet guys.
Jesus christ how the mighty have fallen....
CDPR seem to care about that 'sweet Chinese money' more that something like having a spine, or pricipals.