It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Cowardly and pathetic, GOG. You know what I’m not seeing in this thread? All those “gamers” enthusiastically celebrating that their “messages” were heard.
high rated
IFW: Just disable the damn game on the Chinese GOG store, if they are so offended by it, and let the rest of the world buy it!
I mean, they don't have a problem doing that for Germany, Australia and some others...
high rated
Please remain calm and move on. There's nothing to see here.
Attachments:
low rated
I for one applaud this brave and bold decision. The righteous and hard working Chinese People have suffered for thousands of years from western racism, and continous hateful rhetoric towards the elected Chairman. This surely is a right step to normalize the relations between the west and their betters, and will be but a symbolic drop in the long yearned recompensation bucket, that will guide us to a better world peace.
high rated
Pathetic move, GOG.
high rated
GOG employees, listen to me. Remember Solidarność? Remember the soviet communist oppression your fathers and grandfathers had to endure? And this is the path you chose?
high rated
H55ADM: I for one applaud this brave and bold decision. The righteous and hard working Chinese People have suffered for thousands of years from western racism, and continous hateful rhetoric towards the elected Chairman. This surely is a right step to normalize the relations between the west and their betters, and will be but a symbolic drop in the long yearned recompensation bucket, that will guide us to a better world peace.
Sarcasm should be marked. You know the internet...
high rated
fronzelneekburm: Guess it won't be an instabuy after all.

Bunch of spineless, cowardly, pathetic CUCKS!!!
Word.
high rated
If "many gamers" buy CDPR through Tencent and they choose to add some "anti-cheat" tool in GOG Gallaxy for "data metrics" will I still have access to DRM-Free copies for the games i already own in my library?

Ownership is a very serious issue.
Post edited December 16, 2020 by jaycitypt
high rated
Cowards. And I used to recommend your platform to others. I'd rather sail high seas than bow down to Xinnie the Pooh and China.

GOG and CDPR are fucking disgraceful, you should be ashamed of yourself. Resign now.
high rated
Just have the game LISTED and blocked in China. You're going downhill with no brakes AT ALL. JUST PATHETIC.
high rated
Lol the PC Gamer article the OP quoted got updated.
GOG suddenly pulls troubled horror game Devotion mere hours after its return was announced

That didn't take long.

Update: Earlier today, Red Candle Games announced that its horror game Devotion would be released on GOG. But now, according to a tweet from GOG itself, that is no longer the case.

This is a sudden (and baffling) decision. Who are these mysterious 'gamers' and what exactly did they say that provoked GOG to pull the game? We've reached out to the company for comment.
Well gone, gog! Real horrorshow!

Best way to wiggle yourselves out of this one is to go "Whoops, the intern posted false info! Calm your tits, everyone" and go ahead with the release on the 18th. If that means your site gets banned in China, so be it. Everyone there uses a VPN anyway, so it's not like a ban would close the market to gog altogether.

Because unlike what you may think, this isn't going to go away.
high rated
Fucking pissweak is all I have to say
all hail winnie the poo!
high rated
scrubking: CDPR cannot be trusted anymore. If they will bow to China to censor one game they will do it again for others. They don't care about us anymore. They are not a pro consumer company anymore.
"Users" (Chinese 50 Cent Party 五毛党 members) asking a game to be taken down is a very weak excuse to do this. Must be something else. Have the Chinese hacked GOG and are holding user data hostage?

Just removed my credit card info from GOG store, I shouldn't have added it at all.

Definitely won't be buying anything from the Winter Sale now.