It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

:SadFace:
Post edited January 01, 2021 by fr33kSh0w2012
high rated
I see they still haven't even tried to think up a better excuse than "the gamers".

How dissapointing.
I was waiting for GOG to reverse their action or at least make a new statement about Devotion. But I might have waited too long and now can't get a refund for my 185€ order. Two smaller orders still under the 30 day return policy, so will ask those too but later. But let's see what GOG support says about this return.

Asked a return back to my card, or that they release Devotion. Releasing Devotion would be preferable since it would mean that I could continue supporting GOG.
high rated
This thread is a proof of how Gog has been treating its original customer base who a large % of them has been supporting GOG because of the principals it represented rather than the content which GOG has been throwing away left and right over the years

I know a lot of customers will say this is how companies act (no morale compass) but I want to call two things:
1. If this is how money talk then everyone one of us has the power to change how Gog behaves by not spending our money. At end of day, there are a number of instances where boycotts has been forcing big countries and companies to change their way
2. Even much bigger and more evil companies had changed their ways when their employees and customers made it clear that they are not accepting their behavior. Check out Google and DOD contracts.

At the end, I will continue being part of the boycott until Gog changes their ways (CPP, DRM,..) and I know, we as customers have the power to make that change as company only listen when money talks.
Hey folks, it seems they finally gave a response! I just found this super official legit press release statement from CDr Project Red on the Interwebs. I cannot provide any links, so you just have to trust me, it's totally authentic. To emphasize how super true this is, i will put it in quotation marks.

"Good news, everyone! We, at CDr Project RED/G0G, have decided to form a partnership with the much admired CCP, also known as Saviors Of Mankind, because just like them, we like our games DRM and Free Speech free and our critics dead.
And just like our new friend, the CCP, we believe that the right to murder, torture and rape people of differing political view points is much much more important than the right to freedom of speech.
So from this day forward, we shall be working very closely with the honorable CCP and shall be known as CCP Project RED and Government Approved Games(GAG), which will be part of the CCP Project Group, or CCPPG.
To celebrate this most glorious of Days, we will be having the "FCK FREE SPEECH" sale on GAG.
Starting today, until the 31st of January, every game of critical, original, satirical, ironic, creative, sarcastic and witty thought, writing and speech will be up to 98% on. That's right, up to 98% on. That is up to 98% more expensive! Fantastic!
All of the proceeds from these type of sales will go directly to the CCP's selfless efforts to eradicate the scourge of mankind, that is freedom of speech, once and for all from the surface of the planet Earth. Now go forth, empty your wallets and join us in these joyous New Year's festivities!
And always remember, we do know were most of you actually live. Happy New Year!”
high rated
kaileeena: At the end, I will continue being part of the boycott until Gog changes their ways (CPP, DRM,..) and I know, we as customers have the power to make that change as company only listen when money talks.
Indeed. Was looking forward to thinning out my wishlist this winter sale, but GOG won't be getting a cent from me. This initiative may not be as organized as that of the authors of the "many messages from gamers" (yet), but a loss of customer goodwill and decreased revenue are a message in and on themselves.
CelestialBunny: This is 2021 - year of the GOG China Edition which will replace the old edition on Chinese new years day
I certainly hope they won't try to have a Lunar Festival sale. Many messages might be sent by gamers to shut it down.
Wasn't there a whole multitude of posts in this thread?

I saw a post by a mod that made it look like all the posts had disappeared.
Post edited January 03, 2021 by McMicroDonalds
high rated
The situation currently going on with Top Hat Studios, a small publisher, is very apropos to GOG's Devotion debacle.

An angry online mob of supposed "gamers" demanded that the devs/publisher ban and/or censor the game, and they harassed the devs/publisher, and threatened to "review bomb" the game, and some even sent death threats.

But the devs/publisher told the mob to pound sand and they aren't going to be bending the knee to them at all whatsoever, as you can see in tweets like this:

https://twitter.com/TopHatStudiosEN/status/1345071217636732930

And here are some examples of what the mob did to them:

https://twitter.com/TopHatStudiosEN/status/1345503707203571716

As a result of their firm position against bowing down to an outage mob, this publisher/dev are seen as heroes and universally acclaimed by all gamers who are aware of the situation. And the game is massively increasing its sales, no doubt, as a direct result of the hate mob who tried to get it censored and the real gamers who won't stand for that crap and who will support devs/publishers who won't either.

Now, imagine if GOG had the very same courage as this small Top Hat Studios publisher does! In that case, instead of GOG flushing what good was left of their reputation right down the toilet, they too would have been seen as heroes and universally acclaimed and had a massive influx of sales from both old and new customers, of both Devotion and also all other games on GOG as well.

It would have been a win/win situation all around, for both GOG and for gamers.

But instead of that ideal situation, GOG has a disaster on their hands, because they made a horrible decision, and then made it even worse by refusing to reverse it. All they 'accomplished' by doing that is alienating their old customers and repelling most potential new ones.
Post edited January 03, 2021 by Ancient-Red-Dragon
Ancient-Red-Dragon: SNIP
I'm still hoping GOG change their minds regarding Devotion. If they were to release TopHatStudio games as well would also be a nice bonus.
Ancient-Red-Dragon: Now, imagine if GOG had the very same courage as this small Top Hat Studios publisher does! In that case, instead of GOG flushing what good was left of their reputation right down the toilet, they too would have been seen as heroes and universally acclaimed and had a massive influx of sales from both old and new customers, of both Devotion and also all other games on GOG as well.

It would have been a win/win situation all around, for both GOG and for gamers.

But instead of that ideal situation, GOG has a disaster on their hands, because they made a horrible decision, and then made it even worse by refusing to reverse it. All they 'accomplished' by doing that is alienating their old customers and repelling most potential new ones.
GOG really has become a shining example of Hanlon's Razor. At this point I don't think they actually know what they're doing or how to course correct, or even realize how and where they need to, they just keep blundering forward without much self awareness, stabbing in the dark hoping things will work out.
Post edited January 03, 2021 by ReynardFox
Well, one option people could make to force GOG's hand is to get enough people together that share the same vision of what they would like GOG to be and purchase CD Project Stock. Getting enough people to obtain enough stock to form a majority voice (were the people together hold a min. 51%) means that they would have full say on who sits on CDP's board, a handful of people would be needed to stand as a voice for the whole but this would ensure that the game could be released and also put pressure on the executives to ensure things stay 100% DRM free.

Not cheap to do but with the drop in stock price it could be doable if you get enough people together, it would also help deter any companies or parties who may see the weak stock as a chance to do a hostile takeover.
well just vote to bring Devotion to GoG, even if you re not particulary interested in the game
vote for it, to show them the GAMER Voice ^^ instead of the chinese goverment one.

Because as gaming platform, it needs to be neutral and bringing the game here is the right
thing to do.
Post edited January 03, 2021 by GHOSTMD
wolfsite: Well, one option people could make to force GOG's hand is to get enough people together that share the same vision of what they would like GOG to be and purchase CD Project Stock. Getting enough people to obtain enough stock to form a majority voice (were the people together hold a min. 51%) means that they would have full say on who sits on CDP's board, a handful of people would be needed to stand as a voice for the whole but this would ensure that the game could be released and also put pressure on the executives to ensure things stay 100% DRM free.

Not cheap to do but with the drop in stock price it could be doable if you get enough people together, it would also help deter any companies or parties who may see the weak stock as a chance to do a hostile takeover.
That option requires A LOT of money. And I mean MOUNTAINS of it.
I don't *think* that that part of gaming community that has genuine will to do something like this would simultaneously collectively have more disposable money than for example CCP or Tencent.
Also, this is more important thing, "majority asset hold" would only be a thing if all that money would be used by ONE entity, NOT a random large group of individuals with debatably negligible asset share each.

GHOSTMD: well just vote to bring Devotion to GoG, even if you re not particulary interested in the game
vote for it, to show them the GAMER Voice ^^ instead of the chinese goverment one.

Because as gaming platform, it needs to be neutral and bringing the game here is the right
thing to do.
This platform was NOT neutral for already VERY long time.
Just search around for their various "excuses" to not release various games, for example Japanese indie games, with excuses such as "too niche" and such.

edit: added missing word
Post edited January 03, 2021 by B1tF1ghter
I'm still not sure why GOG can't simply region lock the game in China like they do other countries.