It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I'm very happy to see that the original developers of the Descent series are making a spiritual successor. I hope that they reach their primary goal of $300,000. Only $12,647 are pledged so far in 1 day; they have a long way to go. I wonder if the previous Descent: Underground would harm their campaign; people may not be keen to see another Descent game after Underground. We'll know the answer in a month. What I liked about this project is that it is focused on single player game instead of Underground's multiplayer-heavy attitude. I didn't like the title or the logo of the title very much, but still I'm very happy that such a project is made. I'll try to pledge some money to the project.
Post edited February 10, 2016 by Accatone
A_Future_Pilot: There's actually 5 that I know of off-hand, but this and Underground are the two most "official".

Honestly, I'm not convinced either of them will be too great. Underground has made several serious design deicision errors, and this one looks like Descent 3 (which I personally was not a big fan of).

But we'll see lol :)
This one certainly looks loads better than Descent: Underground. Where any of the others good?
Actually I just backed this one after looking into it a bit more and asking the developers a couple questions :)

I heard that Sublevel Zero was really good, but I haven't gotten a chance to play it yet (although I really want to).

Other than that, there's one in development on the DL by someone in the community that looks decent, but I don't know how far along it is (and I can't for the life of me remember the name of it right now).

I already stated my opinion of D:U, and Sol Contigency sucks IMO.

So...get Sublevel Zero if you haven't yet lol :)
Matt and Mike have a Reddit AMA coming up next Monday, probably about Overload but I might ask if they're still taking action with the Interplay thing. Probably can't be discussed but I may as well bring it up.
They're also doing a twitch stream tomorrow at 2PM CST :)
Grargar: That makes two spiritual successors for the Descent series. Wonder which will be better.
Frankly, from what I've seen of Underground thus far I've been rather underwhelmed. It may have some vague similarities but I just don't get that Descent feeling from it.

Overload, on the other hand looks exactly what a new Descent game should be like. Yes, even from the very limited material shown so far.
The Overload Playable Teaser is live now (at playoverload.com, or on the KS page). Everyone can download/play the game and get a taste of what the game is all about.

(I'm not yet allowed to post links)

Luke
Damnit.

Signed up today cos I wanted to play Descent on one of my 486's at home (even if it is a little low in the FPS hehe).

What a shame :(

Tooooo the shareware copy I gooooo!
P.S. For those who weren't obsessively watching the KS money counter on the last night of the OVERLOAD campaign like I was, they DID in fact, just barely (with like 2 hours to spare!) make their $300k goal!
They were only around two-thirds funded (tens of thousands off) going into the last few days, but somehow they pulled out all the stops just in time--and since they got funded, they're going to implement Multiplayer!!
Moreover, their playable pre-alpha demo (which is surprisingly close to alpha state itself, it seems to me) is still available at their site: playoverload.com.
Hurray!
sedricm: P.S. For those who weren't obsessively watching the KS money counter on the last night of the OVERLOAD campaign like I was, they DID in fact, just barely (with like 2 hours to spare!) make their $300k goal!
They were only around two-thirds funded (tens of thousands off) going into the last few days, but somehow they pulled out all the stops just in time--and since they got funded, they're going to implement Multiplayer!!
Moreover, their playable pre-alpha demo (which is surprisingly close to alpha state itself, it seems to me) is still available at their site: playoverload.com.
Hurray!
Hurray too! :) I'm glad that they made it. We really need a new Descent game!
We need a status report from the guys at Parallax on whatever or not they can re-release descent here.
abr_alex: Not a good sign. Is there a risk that Interplay goes bankrupt and GOG loses all their games from catalog?
I don't see Descent 1,2 or 3 listed for sale BUT I bought them while they were still listed and I am still able to download them. I am not going to do anything illegal and I have no intentions of breaking any laws. I am just telling you that if you bought them, they are still there. They may even be on Steam still. It is nice to be able to download a game you bought as many times as you like. With that said, they still exist on GOG but are not listed for sale. If enough people want them back and ask for them, they might bring them back after they make any necessary arrangements BUT the price could jump up as a result of such arrangements. I have no intentions to do anything unlawful and I don't intend to imply any intentions of piracy and do not encourage it. I am not directing this at any specific people, everyone can read these forums.

I know I might sound a bit like a troll saying that they are still downloadable if you bought them before they disappeared but it is true. Somewhere in these forums must be someone else who would vouch that this claim is true, assuming that they find this.
011284mm: In the age of the internet nothing will ever run out. Except no-one will sell it any more due to ridiculous levels of legal limbo and the fact the only people who do honestly want to share with the world are vilified as pirates.

Thankfully I picked them up about a year ago, still waiting to play, but thankfully I can still get around to playing them in time.
I picked them up too while they were still for sale. You know something??? I can still download them from my library. I kid you not. I do not intend any piracy, I am just telling you that even though it is not listed any more it is not truly gone if you bought it. I don't know if that will ever change so grab them while you can and make backup copies (for your use only). This way you will still have them even of GOG ever goes out of business. I plan to archive my library to a CD as a backup (for my own use ONLY). Get them while you still can if you paid for them because I do not know if they will ever change that and if they do we will be SOL.
011284mm: In the age of the internet nothing will ever run out. Except no-one will sell it any more due to ridiculous levels of legal limbo and the fact the only people who do honestly want to share with the world are vilified as pirates.

Thankfully I picked them up about a year ago, still waiting to play, but thankfully I can still get around to playing them in time.
chinespa: I picked them up too while they were still for sale. You know something??? I can still download them from my library. I kid you not. I do not intend any piracy, I am just telling you that even though it is not listed any more it is not truly gone if you bought it. I don't know if that will ever change so grab them while you can and make backup copies (for your use only). This way you will still have them even of GOG ever goes out of business. I plan to archive my library to a CD as a backup (for my own use ONLY). Get them while you still can if you paid for them because I do not know if they will ever change that and if they do we will be SOL.
Even when games are removed from GOG, you still have the ability to access those games from your personal library. They will not be updated or patched unless an arrangement changes, but you will still have access to the games that you purchased.
abr_alex: Not a good sign. Is there a risk that Interplay goes bankrupt and GOG loses all their games from catalog?
chinespa: I don't see Descent 1,2 or 3 listed for sale BUT I bought them while they were still listed and I am still able to download them. I am not going to do anything illegal and I have no intentions of breaking any laws. I am just telling you that if you bought them, they are still there. They may even be on Steam still. It is nice to be able to download a game you bought as many times as you like. With that said, they still exist on GOG but are not listed for sale. If enough people want them back and ask for them, they might bring them back after they make any necessary arrangements BUT the price could jump up as a result of such arrangements. I have no intentions to do anything unlawful and I don't intend to imply any intentions of piracy and do not encourage it. I am not directing this at any specific people, everyone can read these forums.

I know I might sound a bit like a troll saying that they are still downloadable if you bought them before they disappeared but it is true. Somewhere in these forums must be someone else who would vouch that this claim is true, assuming that they find this.
I've meant a possibility that Interplay games will disappear from sale, not get removed from our library :)