It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
We’d like to inform you that due to the publisher’s decision, Unreal Tournament 2004 Editor's Choice Edition, Unreal 2: The Awakening Special Edition, Unreal Tournament GOTY, and Unreal Gold will be delisted from our catalog on December 23rd (Friday), 2 PM UTC.

For everyone who purchased any of the games prior to delisting, they will remain in their GOG library.
Post edited December 20, 2022 by Clownski_
Only have unreal gold and unreal 2 here. I never really checked unreal tournament 2004 and ut goty what they are.
high rated
sysia_GOG: For everyone who purchased any of the games prior to delisting, they will remain in their GOG library.
And hopefully they remain in their current incarnation (e.g., fully offline and LAN playable without Internet), rather than being replaced with whatever TenCentEpic decides to try to put back up.
high rated
It is actually happening. At least you are trying to negotiate bringing them back but still.... No clue what's the big idea behind Epic's thought process.

EDIT:
Well that was quick. Couple of minutes after my post, the OP has been edited and the sentence about trying to negotiate bringing the games back removed. This does not bode well at all....

Great Christmas present Epic, keep it up.

At least here is something to cheer everyone up:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2022/12/19/epic-will-pay-half-a-billion-dollars-for-fortnite-settlement-over-tricked-purchases-and-privacy/amp/

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2022/12/19/epic-games-to-pay-520-million-in-fines-to-ftc.html
Post edited December 20, 2022 by idbeholdME
Which of the titlew are worth getting, before they are gone for good?
high rated
idbeholdME: It is actually happening. At least you are trying to negotiate bringing them back but still.... No clue what's the big idea behind Epic's thought process.

EDIT:
Huh, the sentence about trying to negotiate bringing them back has disappeared from the OP. This does not bode well at all.
To drive people to Epic store, you see those old games don't include EOS or any other Epic junk like that so far as I'm aware, so it doesn't lead people to Epic Store.

They want games which feature EOS so they can poach users from other stores via their launchers.
high rated
Ueber: Which of the titlew are worth getting, before they are gone for good?
I like all so that will be my answer.

The Unreal Tournament games are good arena shooters with decent bots if you wish to avoid playing against other humans or want to aquaintance yourself with how the game works and the maps are laid out.

The story games, Unreal 1&2, are decent for their age with some fan patching applied.

---------
Sad to see them go but not surprised. I think I must check that I have downloaded all I own from here just in case of a nasty surprise down... sorry, upgrade.
Post edited December 20, 2022 by Themken
high rated
I'd like to thank Epic for showing they could care less about video game preservation and consumer choice.
high rated
Back when these were new, I adored Epic Games. Some of my fondest PC memories come from Unreal Tournament.

Are they killing these off because they don't want to support the multiplayer? Are they really just going to remove the games entirely even though they offer a ton of game play options for single player?

My lord what a grotesque travesty this company has become.
Post edited December 20, 2022 by ReynardFox
high rated
For anyone who is still interested in purchasing these games, you can get 40% off when purchasing multiple games of the series.

It's a shame they're being delisted. Even without online services, there's no reason to just make them unavailable.
FFS, at least try to keep Unreal Gold and Unreal II because of the single player campaigns. As far as that goes this is total bullshit of Epic to do this when those games are perfectly serviceable without the multiplayer modes. So much for preserving those games so new players can experience them (at least Unreal Gold tbh). Guess they just want to push people to use their newly coded version of UT3 with crossplay and not have any other title get in the way of that...
Honestly surprised this didn't happen earlier given EGS has been around for awhile now.

Baffled that UT3 will be the one that gets a new re-release with new online, given it's nowhere near as popular with the community as UT99 or UT2K4.
Darn! That sucks. Glad I already bought Unreal Gold at least, and this announcement gives people some time to buy if they want.

I'm glad Unreal Tourny 3 is presumably still coming, but I really don't get Epic's choice for this.
Lucian_Galca: Honestly surprised this didn't happen earlier given EGS has been around for awhile now.

Baffled that UT3 will be the one that gets a new re-release with new online, given it's nowhere near as popular with the community as UT99 or UT2K4.
I'm extremely worried that they'll gut UT3's LAN support and just try to push people onto EOS... if they do that AND not relist 99 and 2k4, I can't imagine that ending well for them.

Fortnite can only pay the bills for so long.
high rated
SitcomAntibody: They want games which feature EOS so they can poach users from other stores via their launchers.
GOG should be quite happy with that, since they themselves do that and call it a "reward".