It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

UPDATE: Heads up! There are 24h left, so now is the time to take advantage of the amazing deals and upgrade your collections. Eyes on the price, Boo, eyes on the price!

Years ago, the Baldur's Gate series changed the way we look at gaming and the scope of what was considered possible. Even now, the legacy continues through the Enhanced Editions – thanks to the hard work and years of updates to keep the inimitable Infinity Engine living on.

It's the work on the Enhanced Editions that made <span class="bold">Siege of Dragonspear</span> possible – the just-released, massive expansion to the timeless classic, available only for Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition.

"The team at Beamdog was able to breathe a new life into the Infinity Engine classics." says Greg Tito, Communications Director for Dungeons & Dragons "We're proud to recognize their excellent work in offering the best possible experience and support for these legendary titles. We want these to become the definitive editions – featuring both the enhanced and classic versions of the games."

On April 29, Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition, Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition, and Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition will be expanded to include the classic versions – each becoming the Definitive Edition Bundle and not available for purchase separately. If you already own the classics on GOG.com, the games currently on your shelf won't be affected.

"We're excited to take our commitment and support to Baldur's Gate and GOG fans to the next level and humbled to work with such great partners. The Definitive Edition Bundle will give every Baldur's Gate fan what they're looking for" – concludes Cameron Tofer, Beamdog COO.

In the near future, we're also looking forward to full GOG Galaxy support for achievements in Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition, Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition, and Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition – as well as in the Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear expansion.

Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition will be 75% off until April 4 11:59 PM PDT / April 5 2:59 AM EDT/ 7:59 BST and 60% off until April 29 10:59 AM PDT / 1:59 PM EDT / 18:59 BST. The 60% discount for Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition, and Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition until April 29 10:59 AM PDT / 1:59 PM EDT / 18:59 BST. The 85% discount for owners of the original saga will last until April 29 10:59 AM PDT / 1:59 PM EDT / 18:59 BST.
Post edited April 02, 2016 by maladr0Id
chromeneon: Nope, I don't look like idiot, sorry. The 85 % discount only applies if you already own the classic versions here on GOG (I don't). So I'm perfectly happy with the 75% Insomnia discount I got on all 3 EEs, as if I had to buy them now I'd have to pay 15% more for 2 of them.
op2017: Me too. Absolutely agree with you!
I personally feel ripped off and I most likely won't be buying anything from gog, unless is dirt cheap. And don't get me started on the regional pricings. Best DRM is NO DRM, but the way things are handled lately by gog is really bothering me.
Post edited April 02, 2016 by Atombomb2097
Can the Powers That Be, or any good people help me here, please.
I have just purchased this bundle, but, unfortunately, my broadband speed is crippled at the moment (1 mps)
Is there a time limit between the time of purchase and the downloading of a game?
Thank you in advance...
high rated
GOG.com: On April 29, Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition, Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition, and Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition will be expanded to include the classic versions – each becoming the Definitive Edition Bundle and not available for purchase separately. If you already own the classics on GOG.com, the games currently on your shelf won't be affected.
What the Hell?? You gotta be kidding! :(

I think it's pretty lame that the classic versions can't be bought seperately anymore in the future. Some people (like me) don't care about "enhanced" editions and i'm glad that i already own the classic versions.
CARICATUREKILB: Can the Powers That Be, or any good people help me here, please.
I have just purchased this bundle, but, unfortunately, my broadband speed is crippled at the moment (1 mps)
Is there a time limit between the time of purchase and the downloading of a game?
Thank you in advance...
No. You can download your games as many times as you want. There is no limit.
CARICATUREKILB: Can the Powers That Be, or any good people help me here, please.
Thank you in advance...
Azhdar: No. You can download your games as many times as you want. There is no limit.
Thank you for your help.
hummer010: I can imagine that there will be people buying the expansion without owning the enhanced edition and being surprised that they can't play it.
You can't buy the expansion without already owning the enhanced edition, the checkout system won't let you.
Also check the expansion gamecard, where it is specified - "To play this item you also need: Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition"

MaxFulvus: I want to play the classic versions. I don't care about the EE or the expansion
and you'll still can pay them because they'll be added as free bonus inside the new "definitive editions" on 29 april ;)

bioshark: On April 29, Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition, Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition, and Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition will be expanded to include the classic versions – each becoming the Definitive Edition Bundle and not available for purchase separately.
Can I safely assume that if I already own a EE version, but not the original one, after April 29 I will the original one available as well?
Yes, on 29 april your owned EE version will be "expanded to include the classic versions", "becoming the Definitive Edition".

BrokenBull: I have the EE, but not the Classic Ed. Does this mean the Classic Ed. will be included with the EE in my library for FREE?
Yes.

BrokenBull: does this mean the Classic Editions will be included in the EE owner's library for FREE?
Yes.
high rated
And here I thought GOG was mainly about good, old games. I cannot believe it will no longer be possible to purchase the classic editions by themselves. This goes against everything GOG was about. Perhaps the change is part of some new contract between GOG and Beamdog to make it more profitable for Beamdog to have GOG host their remakes.

Also, well done to the marketing staff for hiding such a dramatic change in a jumble of words. '[H]umbled to work with such great partners'... oh, please.
I think I'll wait for the Ultra Mega Uber Hyper Super Definitive Edition in 2037.
Post edited April 02, 2016 by PetrusOctavianus
https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/44476/tool-big-world-setup-bws-mod-manager-for-baldurs-gate-enhanced-edition-trilogy-for-windows
Yes, can definitely recommend Big World Setup. Used it for years with the originals. Lots of good stuff, make sure you keep the downloaded files however, standard install ran to about 30gb, and a lot of that was mods, so you wouldn't want to download each time.
With 85%, I bought them instantly.

BTW I bought the games seperatly because 85% discount only showed that way. I read the comment about "shows at checkout" too late.
Guys, if you need font scaling (aka bigger font sizes), don't upgrade to version 2.x (of BGEE I). Font scaling is very inconsistent in that version (it was ok in 1.3.x). Even single windows are messed up with different text sizes. Those "additional fixes" are crap and break the immersion - at least they can be disabled.
Post edited April 02, 2016 by classicgogger
Does anyone have links to screenshots of version 2.0? I've been trying to google some but can't find any. I want to see what the fuss is about (UI and graphics changes) without having to reinstall (bandwidth troubles). So if someone has a link handy to a gallery with version 2.0 screenshots, I'd appreciate it, thanks.
oldschool: Great games, but I still wish they were tactical turn-based. Nice release.
You can set the game up to pause after each turn hence making it a turn-based game.
Shendue: Okay, let me know if I get it.
First they make the games next to impossible to get in the Insomnia sale, with the lowest appearing rate in the whole promo, skippy time slots and absurdly small numbers.
Then a week after they make the games CHEAPER for EVERYONE if you already own the original games (which is 95% of the people that were looking for it).
Am I right?
Well, isn't this technically trolling?
What's with the negative attitude of some people here? "Trolling"? It's made exactly for people like you, who could't catch the Insomnia sale for one reason or another. Be thankful! :-)
Post edited April 02, 2016 by chromeneon