It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

http://comicbook.com/gaming/2017/11/13/cd-projekt-red-cyberpunk-2077-online/

Fans of the acclaimed The Witcher series can't wait to see what the amazing studio over at CD Projekt Red has in store with their latest project, Cyberpunk 2077. When the company's CEO Adam Kicinski brought up the upcoming title, he did have a few interesting things to say about it - including these mysterious online components that he teased.

In an interview with Strefa Inwestorow, a Polish investment site, Kicinski talked about a wide variety of topics including the future of The Witcher, Gwent, and of course - Cyberpunk 2077.

“We want to experiment in new fields that were not yet explored in the Witcher. I can’t say much about Cyberpunk, although our ambitions are set really high because that is our style of work. We want to go even higher, and especially seeing how we’re having a business chat, we’re interested in Cyberpunk being commercially even more significant.”

When he was later asked about online multiplayer, Kicinski mentioned that it would be a good way for the team to meet market standards, he even calls it "necessary":

“Online is necessary, or very recommended if you wish to achieve a long-term success. At some point, we have mentioned that there will be a certain online element related to Cyberpunk.”

This of course gives the rumors about Cyberpunk including a "Social Hub" more validity, but with what has been described of the title so far (as little as that is), we can't imagine them flipping the script so much so that it becomes a multiplayer-focused experience. According to previous reports, the Social Hub will be meant as a means to connect the single-player experience with an undisclosed multiplayer mode, though CD Prokect Red has said nothing to support that claim at the time of circulation. Now, however, they do at least acknowledge the value of a well-done multiplayer experience:

“Multiplayer is strategically important, playing online is strategically important, because we want to have a commercial leg for service type games, games which generate stable income, period to period, which are built. Of course, every game ends after a number of years, some service type games function even after 10 years, but outside our main source of income, meaning big names, it’s building a stable source of income. And in the future, we can imagine a lot of connections between big games and service type games – We have to acknowledge it, it is obvious.”

At this time, there is no projected release for Cyberpunk 2077.
high rated
And with every word my enthusiasm for the game wanes. Ah, well, at least I won't have to worry about my PC being to old to run it.

Anyway, it's been almost 5 years (!) since that trailer. They really jumped the gun with that one, didn't they?
Post edited November 14, 2017 by Breja
Something, something Galaxy...
fishbaits: According to previous reports, the Social Hub will be meant as a means to connect the single-player experience with an undisclosed multiplayer mode, though CD Prokect Red has said nothing to support that claim at the time of circulation.
CD Prokect is my favorite misspelling from now on.
Frozen: Something, something Galaxy...
fishbaits: According to previous reports, the Social Hub will be meant as a means to connect the single-player experience with an undisclosed multiplayer mode, though CD Prokect Red has said nothing to support that claim at the time of circulation.
Frozen: CD Prokect is my favorite misspelling from now on.
You probably meant something else, but also another example of CD Projekts 'odd activity' is that GOG Galaxy was announced to be in works for Linux soon after the windows release. It was like 2 years ago (or more? not sure), and there is still no new word yet!

Heh, CD Projekt time...
Post edited November 14, 2017 by DrYaboll
Going out on a limb and saying this will be like Dragons Dogma or Dark Souls "Multiplayer" where its sort of real but not and to to get the full experience you need to be online... I dont think ther stupid enough to pull a Van Helsing/Victor Vran so you can only do certain quests and modes online.
Post edited November 14, 2017 by Starkrun
high rated
Definitely not happy to hear this. Too much shit happening on GOG lately.
Am I supposed to be shocked or appalled or anything like that? "CDPR and GOG were supposed to be The One(s)"?
Post edited November 14, 2017 by tfishell
Oh great IT'LL BE JUST LIKE **WATCHDOGS** THAT WAS DREADFUL AND CHOCK A BLOCK FULL OF CHEATING BASTARDS!

DO NOT MAKE THE "HUB" LIKE WATCHDOGS and DON'T DO BULLSHOTTING! LIKE THE REST DO!

BULLSHOT DEFINITION

Examples of BULLSHOTTING

https://youtu.be/de1M4Q_g2eg?t=1m6s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNter0oEYxc
Post edited November 14, 2017 by fr33kSh0w2012
high rated
What the guy actually said:

“there will be a certain online element related to Cyberpunk.”

What people's acting suggests he said:

"It will be an MMO with DRM and FUСK YOU!"
Alaric.us: What the guy actually said:

remember WATCH DOGS HUB?
Breja: Anyway, it's been almost 5 years (!) since that trailer. They really jumped the gun with that one, didn't they?
They jumped the gun with a recruitment trailer? That doesn't make any sense.
That's okay. I don't use the online components of Dark Souls or Dragon's Dogma, either.
high rated
It's kind of impressive in a way that no company managed to destroy my trust in them as fast as CDP without even releasing a big game in said time period.
Alaric.us: What the guy actually said:

It is more straightforward and honest this way. You know, less hiding behind fancy words. :)

And from the psychological POV, it is better to be disilusioned from the get go than to be hyped and suddenly find out unpleasant surprises.
andysheets1975: That's okay. I don't use the online components of Dark Souls or Dragon's Dogma, either.
How do you do that? As far as I know in Dark Souls you are invaded by other players. There are no opt-out solutions. And in Dragon's Dogma case, the multiplayer component is that the NPCs you can recruit, are copies of random players characters, which makes them stronger than scripted NPCs.

Please, correct me where I'm wrong, which I don't doubt I am.

To be honest if Cyberpunk ends up using the Dragon's Dogma way of adding a multiplayer component, then I'm fine with it.