It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Trilarion: Not sure what you expected. This is pretty much decent standard human behavior, not restricted to gamers in any way. People never chill and wait with their judgement until events actually happened. They always like to speculate, jump to conclusions and suspect the worst (or best). This won't change and expecting more patience is maybe asking for too much. And the game industry including CDP knows of this behavior and still cannot find different words announcing upcoming features? Really? They basically ask for an overreaction.
I don't really expect anything to be honest. People are free to do whatever they want, including freak out about completely hypothetical features of a game that's apparently not even close to coming out. By the same token, I'm free to laugh at their freaking out, because it seems a major overreaction to me.
And I think gaming companies being awful at PR, even the big ones, is not exactly a new thing. Their major problem is that they're kind of caught between saying stuff that pleases their investors and marketing suits, and stuff that pleases their customers, the problem being that those two groups want very different things. They're also often goaded into saying thoughtless stuff by gaming "journalists" so the interviews make for better clickbait imo.

Trilarion: On the other hand my impression is that the middle ground is pretty thin. Either you have a multiplayer part in your game or you haven't, and if you have you need some sort of authentication for the multiplayer users which will of course also check if you own the copy, so DRM is a must then. And I hardly know any game that combines the best of single and multiplayer. They always concentrate on either one or the other, and the other part is then mostly boring. It could be different this time, but would require a major miracle. Also CDP does not publish so many titles per year. One more multiplayer game probably means one less single player game from them. Maybe that's too simple. Maybe they deliver a great single player game with some kind of optional (I don't care much about) multiplayer part. It's possible. Yet, I find it somehow a bit hard to believe. We'll see.
I don't know about that. They could easily pull something like Neverwinter Nights, where the singleplayer story is completely independent of the multiplayer component, and the only DRM is a key to unlock multiplayer. Of course, that's probably a best case scenario and it's entirely possible they'll end up doing something way worse (from the point of view of gamers who hate DRM and care more about singleplayer games, anyway), but there's no reason to panic just yet, imo.
high rated
The news doesn't make me sad one bit. This thread does.

You people are are whipping yourself into a frenzy based on a single sentence that doesn't provide any context. The guy said there will be some online elements related to the game. That could mean ANYTHING, yet you baselessly assume the absolute worst. The whole thread reads like a birther subreddit, except birthers have a lot more to to on than you do and make much less of a leap of faith in building their conspiracy theory.

At this point we know literally nothing at all. Keep your wild imaginations in check and maybe you'll be less upset.
I dont understand why people are upset. Multiplayer mode is expected for games like Cyberpunk. Its a rpg mixed with a shooter as much as it was obvious from the trailer. As such it will definitely have a multiplayer component. I doubt there will be any microtransactions cause CD Projekt RED is not EA yet. Even thought they did release one microtransaction game, that card game, cant remember its name.
Matruchus: I dont understand why people are upset. Multiplayer mode is expected for games like Cyberpunk.
Speaking for myself, I don't expect that, but I admit I'm probably an outlier in that regard.

Matruchus: Its a rpg mixed with a shooter as much as it was obvious from the trailer. As such it will definitely have a multiplayer component. I doubt there will be any microtransactions cause CD Projekt RED is not EA yet. Even thought they did release one microtransaction game, that card game, cant remember its name.
I think people are upset because they don't expect it from CDPR, there being no multiplayer in any of the Witcher games.
high rated
GR00T: I think people are upset because they don't expect it from CDPR, there being no multiplayer in any of the Witcher games.
I'll start a petition to remove multiplayer from Gwent. Because multiplayer is not true to the roots™, it's DRM, it's control, it's spying, it's evil, it killed my dog, it's a betrayal of customers' trust, it's backstabbing, it made people fat.
Post edited November 16, 2017 by Alaric.us
GR00T: I think people are upset because they don't expect it from CDPR, there being no multiplayer in any of the Witcher games.
Alaric.us: I'll start a petition to remove multiplayer from Gwent. Because multiplayer is not true to the roots™, it's DRM, it's control, it's spying, it's evil, it killed my dog.
Okay... but do note I'm not saying I give a shit about it one way or another. As long as there's a good single player experience available in CP2077 that's not sacrificed or crippled by on-line aspect, they can add all the multiplayer and on-line social functions they want.
Alaric.us: I'll start a petition to remove multiplayer from Gwent. Because multiplayer is not true to the roots™, it's DRM, it's control, it's spying, it's evil, it killed my dog.
GR00T: Okay... but do note I'm not saying I give a shit about it one way or another. As long as there's a good single player experience available in CP2077 that's not sacrificed or crippled by on-line aspect, they can add all the multiplayer and on-line social functions they want.
I'm not making fun of you. Your point of view is entirely reasonable and levelheaded. It's the people who are flipping out over nothing, that I'm trying to ridicule.
Alaric.us: I'm not making fun of you. Your point of view is entirely reasonable and levelheaded. It's the people who are flipping out over nothing, that I'm trying to ridicule.
Ah, the nuances of human interaction get lost on the internet sometimes. No worries. :)
Alaric.us: ... At this point we know literally nothing at all. Keep your wild imaginations in check and maybe you'll be less upset.
Come on. It's not that bad actually. We all know we are only speculating. We are doing it for years, maybe decades and we are still alive and happy. If you cannot watch us speculating you could for example simply ignore the thread.

From experience I would say that assuming the worst has a surprisingly high probability to become true eventually. Maybe it's a cognitive bias that such outcomes are simply memorized better or maybe it says something about the general state of the gaming industry. I don't know.

mystral: ...I'm free to laugh at their freaking out, because it seems a major overreaction to me. ...
Now you are still laughing but just wait a few years more... ;)

Overreacting is maybe not that bad actually. If we would be perfectly reasonable all the time we might not even play games at all.

Don't get me wrong. I think you are right. We don't know how Cyberpunk will be. Still I'm a bit pessimistic about it.
Post edited November 16, 2017 by Trilarion
Considering where CP comes from multiplayer/online in the traditional sense that players can group together is an actual good idea. I do not think ppl have much problems with that. The wording of "online elements" when currently all AAA games turns to abhorrent F2P mobile games practices PLUS nobody of CDPR thinking it being a good idea to dose the flames by saying something like "CP2077 will not have any lootboxes or microtransactions" is what is alarming.

They could have shut down all that initially by making that clear; since they did not they at least consider including stuff like that if not already having it as part of development. No way I'd get invested in a Gamblepunk 2077.
Post edited November 17, 2017 by anothername
Alaric.us: You people are are whipping yourself into a frenzy based on a single sentence that doesn't provide any context.
No kidding. These kind of wild speculations are utterly pointless. Makes me wonder what kind of trivial drivel keeps these people up at night.
Pawel1995: Online elements doesn't have to be a bad thing! Since people then ask often about microtransactions:

IMO They are fine, as long as these "skins"/items are

* Cosmetic only
* Purchasable DIRECTLY (no GAMBLING boxes) (DO NOT do it like Overwatch)

and I trust CDPR that they won't add lootboxes in their AAA full $-game.
yeah! and multiplayer can be buckets of fun too!
Alaric.us: I'll start a petition to add LAN / player-hosted multiplayer to Gwent. Because client-bound multiplayer is not true to the roots™, it's DRM.
FTFY
service type games
That's really all I needed to read...

service type games
Klumpen0815: That's really all I needed to read...
With online gambling elements!