It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Breja: *huge wall of text*
mystral: Paragraphs exist for a reason you know. I'm just saying, if you want people to actually read what you write, you should make it easier on them.

That being said, I find all the overreacting and assumptions pretty hilarious. Why don't you people just chill about Cyberpunk 2077 and wait until the game's actually out before passing judgment on it and its potential online features?
While I kind of agree with you about GOG becoming more like Steam and CD Projekt gradually placing less importance on staying DRM-free as they become more successful, that doesn't mean they'll straight up go to Blizzard levels of online-only games. There is a middle ground, you know.
Problem is, GOG is pretty much our last stand, when it comes to drm-free.

Humble bundle sells just a minor portion of drm-free content (and due to being now owned by IGN this will likely have some impact, sooner or later), and while there are still some drm-free selling sites, there is nothing like GOG.

So you can't really blame anyone which is jumping gun, since nowadays GOG and CDPR are one and the same (for the most part), the way galaxy is kind of forced on the users and so on.

Personally speaking, I'm fine as long the game will be truly drm-free (no internet and galaxy requirement), no exclusive MP content (aside silly minigames/hub) and the likes.
I still want to trust CDPR, but I'm certainly not happy about this. I really hope they clarify what they mean by "online elements". And soon.
Gurlok: Problem is, GOG is pretty much our last stand, when it comes to drm-free.
Nope. https://www.zoom-platform.com/

They are still small, but as soon as GOG goes the DRM-way, I guess many customers will move over to ZOOM, shop there, until they get big too, introduce DRM and the DRM-free crowd moves on somewhere else.
Gurlok: Problem is, GOG is pretty much our last stand, when it comes to drm-free.
Lifthrasil: Nope. https://www.zoom-platform.com/

They are still small, but as soon as GOG goes the DRM-way, I guess many customers will move over to ZOOM, shop there, until they get big too, introduce DRM and the DRM-free crowd moves on somewhere else.
Never heard of it until now. Did you ever use this service? Its store is really small though (as you said)...
fortune_p_dawg: i'll wait until we have some actual info before looking for things to complain about.
are you mad!!! this is the interwebs!

THE SKY IS FALLING!
fortune_p_dawg: i'll wait until we have some actual info before looking for things to complain about.
amok: are you mad!!! this is the interwebs!

THE SKY IS FALLING!
the truth is, i'm personally hoping for a single-player, drm-free, cyberpunk action-rpg that plays like the witcher 3 made a foul lovebaby with shadowrun. is that what we'll get? don't know. we literally know nothing about this title. so i have no real expectations of what it should or should not be. it could be gwent 2, or it could be like the witcher 3 with cybernatic implants; the former would be met with a shrug and latter would be met with a "hell yes" and a purchase. nothing more, nothing less. i'd have nothing to rage about except for the fact that i had built expectations that were backed up by nothing. and the fact that people are getting completely bent out of shape about something they know nothing about, and could still be several years down the road is mind boggling to me.

some things are worth the internet baboonery, some things are just not (especially when absolutely nothing is known).
Post edited November 15, 2017 by fortune_p_dawg
Lifthrasil: Nope. https://www.zoom-platform.com/

Gurlok: Never heard of it until now. Did you ever use this service? Its store is really small though (as you said)...
Yes. I got Overlord 2 there, since it isn't sold here. Fun game!

And of course Death Rally, since that is free.
Post edited November 15, 2017 by Lifthrasil
Gurlok: Never heard of it until now. Did you ever use this service? Its store is really small though (as you said)...
Lifthrasil: Yes. I got Overlord 2 there, since it isn't sold here. Fun game!

And of course Death Rally, since that is free.
Yeah, I was quite surprised to see overlord 2 there, drm free. I wonder why it isn't sold here :/.

I see though. thanks for the info :) .
low rated
bigblueogre: If CD Projekt Red are seriously thinking about putting horrible business practices in Cyberpunk, I'm probably going to stop buying new games altogether.

Left Steam mainly due to these practices...hopefully GOG isn't going to go down the same route.
I was with you until this last line. I joined Steam a couple months ago (to use their rec system), disabled MMOs in recommendations and I'm not having any problems with any of the games. If you mean "but there are MMOs on Steam!!!1!", then so what? My local grocery store sells adult diapers,a nd somehow I still go in the toilet.

real.geizterfahr: One of the main reasons why I don't play any multiplayer games. I can live without Orcs called -=1337_HaXXor=- and gEt_cRaNcEr_aDn_diE_2004 who're telling me how good my momma sucked their wieners last night -.- There are too many 14 years old idiots out there.
In Cyberpunk, 1337 HaXXors are totally genre appropriate. As for 14 year old wieners, that's a solved problem in games with online keys; at AAA prices, the only 14-year-olds with their dicks out will be Saudi princes, and maybe not even them.
Not surprised, surprised anybody is really :) , expected as much when Cdprojekt received the $7 million goverment grant last year.

Seamless Multiplayer, „a complex technology for making unique multiplayer gameplay mechanics, including the ability to search for opponents, manage game session, replicate objects, and support for different game modes along with a unique set of dedicated tools

https://www.gamepressure.com/e.asp?ID=1077

That's from september 2016
Post edited November 15, 2017 by JAMVA
Oh god. This is really troubling for me.

PLESE NO LOOTBOXES. PLEASE NO LOOTBOXES. PLEASE NO LOOTBOXES.
Please CDPR. You're the only "good" developer we still have in this dark age of microtransaction gaming.

Keep the mobile f2p shenanigans out of (y)our games.
MajicMan: I don't get the automatic hate for 2077 and online component when nobody has seen or heard anything of what the multiplayer will be like.

CDP is not perfect, but they do go through a heck of a lot to make great games and offer their buyers a lot of value and don't pull the loot boxes, rip-off DLC practice that are common today, so I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

In addition, the Cyberpunk 2077 universe began as a tabletop multiplayer RPG so why would a developer not put in an online and multiplayer component?

2077 is a game where you choose a character class and play a character you build - it is completely different then the Witcher series being the story of Geralt.

It very well could turn out to be awesome - and I really hope it does turn out to be awesome.

I am more concerned that the game will require the Galaxy download and be required to play in single player only. It would be great if it had no Galaxy requirement and had a LAN inclusion.
The "hate" isn't directed towards CD Projekt Red or Cyberpunk 2077.

There are valid concerns in regard to these "online elements".

I love CD Projekt Red, and I want them to be successful. Multiplayer sounds fun, no problems here :P

But if they are going to put loot boxes, forced online, or other anti-consumer additions that drastically lower the entertainment value, I will not be supporting it.

All I ask of them is to take plenty of time making Cyberpunk 2077 a work of art just as amazing and memorable as The Witcher 3. "Hate" is a very harsh term, we don't "hate" Cyberpunk 2077, we just feel concerned. We want the game to be amazing, and I personally feel REALLY excited for it :D
Post edited November 16, 2017 by bigblueogre
Online elements doesn't have to be a bad thing! Since people then ask often about microtransactions:

IMO They are fine, as long as these "skins"/items are

* Cosmetic only
* Purchasable DIRECTLY (no GAMBLING boxes) (DO NOT do it like Overwatch)

and I trust CDPR that they won't add lootboxes in their AAA full $-game.
Post edited November 16, 2017 by Pawel1995
Pawel1995: Online elements doesn't have to be a bad thing! Since people then ask often about microtransactions:

IMO They are fine, as long as these "skins"/items are

* Cosmetic only
* Purchasable DIRECTLY (no GAMBLING boxes) (DO NOT do it like Overwatch)

and I trust CDPR that they won't add lootboxes in their AAA full $-game.
Here here, cosmetic packs are perfectly fine. Gambling is not.
Troubling indeed. If they mix online/forced mp/microtransaction crap into single player I'm out. This will definitely stop me from preordering, unless they clean up the air, which is probably for the best.