It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

JinKazaragi: It's kind of impressive in a way that no company managed to destroy my trust in them as fast as CDP without even releasing a big game in said time period.
Sort of extreme, but I understand your view.
Lots of in-limbo projects from CDPR.
Post edited November 14, 2017 by morrowslant
CharlesGrey: That's the question: Can they please both crowds? And do they even want/ need to? I get the impression GOG's old hardcore anti-DRM customer base is steadily losing significance. And their new target audience is potentially more profitable and easier to please.

Given Witcher 3's DRM-free success, and all the positive media attention and customer goodwill they received for it, I'd be quite surprised if their next game didn't show up here. However, I suspect it will be a "Galaxy and Online features are completely optional™, but..." kinda deal.
It's a good question. How much does GOG need to placate the "DRM-free or nothing" crowd? Can they please both in perpetuity? I'd like to think they realize that if they were to stray too far from their DRM-free roots, there would be little to nothing to make GOG/Galaxy more than a "Me too!" competitor to Steam. But maybe I'm just telling myself that because I'm in that DRM-free bunch and want GOG to keep giving me that DRM-free content. Still, at least from what we were told by those who visited the HQ in Poland, it seems that they realize that and DRM-free is here to stay.

It's a tough balancing act though. You've got to please the customers you have and appeal to the ones you want. Making those online features enticing enough to grow the base but not so integral as to alienate the DRM-free enthusiasts who built your business to begin with can't be easy.
The game just went from "I want it more than everyone in this world" to "take it with a grain of salt", online has ruined gaming (toxic communities, micropayments, lootboxes), but also prints money ... seeing CDPR going this route hurts too much.
CymTyr: The only part disturbing me is his talk of "service type games" and stating "Online is necessary" for making money on games long term.

Even the online part, I can almost see, in terms of income. They're at the point now where they need to go big or go home. Witcher 3 finally made GOG relevant in the eyes of the masses. We'll see what they do with Cyberpunk 2077.

In terms of "service type games" that is very troubling, though the Polish are known for saying things in a way that might offend others and doesn't necessarily mean what you assume it does (I'm a quarter Polish, I know these things).

He might be speaking in general terms of service type games, in terms of games that have some sort of monetization to prolong their lifespan. He might not actually means "games as a service" a la EA and ValvE.

I'm not ready to get super pissed off quite yet, because it could just be a matter of linguistics and culture, and he might not even mean what people are getting upset over - but time will tell, and I will keep a cautious eye on this project going forward.
Yeah, I fear those 2 statement the most. This is going a little too much out of the borders, if you ask me. But time will tell.

CharlesGrey: Given Witcher 3's DRM-free success, and all the positive media attention and customer goodwill they received for it, I'd be quite surprised if their next game didn't show up here. However, I suspect it will be a "Galaxy and Online features are completely optional™, but..." kinda deal.
GR00T: Yeah, I'm just kind of playing Devil's Advocate - because we're all assuming it will be released on GOG DRM-free.
Honestly we can't assume or take for granted that it will be drm free and offline in the first place. GWENT is something that can't be taken so lightly. There is no telling that CDPR could take a similar aapproach for their future games.
Lucumo: They jumped the gun with a recruitment trailer? That doesn't make any sense.
Breja: Recruitment? I don't remember it having anything to do with recruitment.
What about this message that is actually in the trailer?

Do you like our latest creation? We certainly hope so! :) You may remember that we sometimes send you guys secret messages like this. It's a great way for us to speak right to you instead of burying ourselves in corporate mumbo jumbo, so let's begin!

First of all--have you noticed all the details in our teaser (Yes, it's a teaser. We'll make a proper trailer in the future)? If you know the Cyberpunk setting, there are some things you can spot, like implants--look for the weapon hands and the real skin -- corporate emblems that should look familiar, and more. Happy hunting!

You're probably curious about the release. It's currently scheduled a way off in 20(14,15,16?) but in truth the delivery date is more like "when it's done". We will release Cyberpunk to you when we're convinced it is nothing but pure, refined, unadulterated awesome. We want it to be the most kick ass futuristic RPG ever-- OK, maybe this sounds pretty bully, but it is our actual goal! You judge if we deliver it!

Oh--And you may wonder why we announced our game so early before the release. The reason is that we're still building our Dev team, so if you are a talented dude or dudette, willing to work in a really different company (gamers rule & boring corporate stuff drools) on a single ambitious project, send us your application right now! careers@cdprojectred.com

So, you want to know what kind of game Cyberpunk 2077 will be? The short description is that it will be a story-heavy, nonlinear, open world RPG based on the well known Cyberpunk pen&paper system and setting. Building open world games is something we are mastering right now, and we believe (misspelled in trailer, heh) that properly joining nonlinear gameplay with an excellent story telling will bring a totally new quality. Hmm.. we'll tell some more about it soon!

And that's not all that's new, we are about to reveal our other project, which is much closer to being completed and yes, it will also be a fully open-world game with an intense story. You can probably guess the game we're talking about - on the 5th of February it will all be clear.

So stay tuned as we will have quite a lot to show and tell you soon!

We are waiting for you on our newly created forum called afterlife--what other name could we have chosen for it? :)

CD Project Red Team
In the year of Lootbox/Microtransaction/P2W in full price AAA games madness this headline brings any enthusiasm of CP 2077 down :(
Breja: Recruitment? I don't remember it having anything to do with recruitment.
Lucumo: What about this message that is actually in the trailer?
I don't know what version of the trailer you've seen, but the one I've seen has no such message.
CymTyr: The only part disturbing me is his talk of "service type games" and stating "Online is necessary" for making money on games long term.

Even the online part, I can almost see, in terms of income. They're at the point now where they need to go big or go home. Witcher 3 finally made GOG relevant in the eyes of the masses. We'll see what they do with Cyberpunk 2077.

In terms of "service type games" that is very troubling, though the Polish are known for saying things in a way that might offend others and doesn't necessarily mean what you assume it does (I'm a quarter Polish, I know these things).

He might be speaking in general terms of service type games, in terms of games that have some sort of monetization to prolong their lifespan. He might not actually means "games as a service" a la EA and ValvE.

I'm not ready to get super pissed off quite yet, because it could just be a matter of linguistics and culture, and he might not even mean what people are getting upset over - but time will tell, and I will keep a cautious eye on this project going forward.
Gurlok: Yeah, I fear those 2 statement the most. This is going a little too much out of the borders, if you ask me. But time will tell.

GR00T: Yeah, I'm just kind of playing Devil's Advocate - because we're all assuming it will be released on GOG DRM-free.
Gurlok: Honestly we can't assume or take for granted that it will be drm free and offline in the first place. GWENT is something that can't be taken so lightly. There is no telling that CDPR could take a similar aapproach for their future games.
Let's stay hopeful. When they become a total steam clone, there will no longer be a point in not buying games on steam... Let's hope they don't get to that point.
MajicMan:
Gurlok: I more than understand and agree with you on the LAN part. Sigh, I wish it was still used nowadays, but it's becoming rare and rarer as the time flies.

About the galaxy thing: does it happens with offline installers? I'd like to know because ever since I started to use galaxy, I have yet to use the offline installers, but I don't like this :/
Yes. I downloaded the Beta for Galaxy (and getting that to work was a chore), but after it was working (and after Galaxy left Beta and was live and GOG started with the Galaxy in all games BS) I set it up so that was off and does not automatically start upon PC startup and had the program completely closed. I began to download a Classic Installer version of a game using GOG downloader and bam! Galaxy opened up automatically and wanted to save my game in a new location D:Galaxy/Games. I have a games folder where I keep all my games and I set default downloads to my download folder, but Galaxy had other ideas on where to install my game.

Of course I declined and closed Galaxy, but it did it again on another game. It turns out I had to completely remove Galaxy from my PC to prevent it from intruding on any GOG game download. So much for the "Optional" part.

The worst part is, I actually want Galaxy to be a success. I just want it to be optional. Just let me decide when I want to play online and put a game onto Galaxy or use it for only certain games and don't touch any other games at all. Also, don't touch a game I have used in Galaxy previously unless I choose to use Galaxy. Let me play offline in peace when I want, let me decide when I want to update and what updates I want. This way I can also have backups if something goes wrong.
CymTyr: Let's stay hopeful. When they become a total steam clone, there will no longer be a point in not buying games on steam... Let's hope they don't get to that point.
Definitely. Hoping for the best outcome :/

MajicMan: Yes. I downloaded the Beta for Galaxy (and getting that to work was a chore), but after it was working (and after Galaxy left Beta and was live and GOG started with the Galaxy in all games BS) I set it up so that was off and does not automatically start upon PC startup and had the program completely closed. I began to download a Classic Installer version of a game using GOG downloader and bam! Galaxy opened up automatically and wanted to save my game in a new location D:Galaxy/Games. I have a games folder where I keep all my games and I set default downloads to my download folder, but Galaxy had other ideas on where to install my game.

Of course I declined and closed Galaxy, but it did it again on another game. It turns out I had to completely remove Galaxy from my PC to prevent it from intruding on any GOG game download. So much for the "Optional" part.

The worst part is, I actually want Galaxy to be a success. I just want it to be optional. Just let me decide when I want to play online and put a game onto Galaxy or use it for only certain games and don't touch any other games at all. Also, don't touch a game I have used in Galaxy previously unless I choose to use Galaxy. Let me play offline in peace when I want, let me decide when I want to update and what updates I want. This way I can also have backups if something goes wrong.
Damn, didn't know that galaxy was so invasive. I already don't like how galaxy start scanning all your drives, c hecking for every gog game installed, it's giving me headaches, due to multiple accounts on the same computer, but this one was a new to me.
brace for underage gambling - i hope politicians remove the "if you always win something, it's not legally gambling" loophole to cockblock them and all gambling software vendors by then but don't keep my hopes up.

until then, the AAA buyer agrees to HIT THE LEVER!!!! *buuuuiuiuiu*
Post edited November 14, 2017 by AlienMind
timppu: I vote with my wallet.
same here... Im a massive cyberpunk fan but if this is saturated with online crap and loot crate stuff im out... I'll wait till its insanely cheap or buy a conversion key someplace. Im not a /r/patientgamer for nothing!

The DLC for Witcher 3 was worth it, im totally on board with stuff like that. But micro content in a game that is compared to the greatest singleplayer RPG ever made really makes me doubt the game and final product.
Post edited November 15, 2017 by Starkrun
Mr_Classica: I think people need to have little faith
Lifthrasil: FTFY. With the track record of going back on promises and principles, and attempts to 'encourage' Galaxy use in a backhanded way, my faith in GOG/CD Project is very little indeed.

Mr_Classica: I love a good single player game as much as the next guy, but adding online elements doesn't necessarily mean that it will be detrimental to the single player
Lifthrasil: Unless the single player campaign is tailored around the online functionality. If they want to push for 'service type' games, a logical step would be to castrate the single-player game, so that online / social crap becomes necessary to progress in the story.

I don't own Dark Souls, but I played it at a friends place. And the online functionality was really annoying. There is nothing worse than some internet trolls invading your (supposedly) single player game. There are reasons why I hardly play any MMO games any more and I won't buy any single player game that is infested with social / online / forced multiplayer components.
That was NOT THE ONLY ONE WATCH DOGS, DYING LIGHT ALSO HAD THIS "FEATURE" any game that has this feature DEAD ISLAND ALSO *COUGH COUGH* OFF IT GOES!

I hate when 8 year olds invade your game and lob a f**king flaming barrel at your face causing your character to DIE and you HAVE TO START AGAIN, Happened to me in dying light when I was FIRST PLAYING IT then I found out some PR!CK had invaded my game so I went into the options and DISABLED ALL ONLINE ELEMENTS was able to play my game without annoying PR!CKS stuffing up my game
Post edited November 15, 2017 by fr33kSh0w2012
Lucumo: What about this message that is actually in the trailer?
Breja: I don't know what version of the trailer you've seen, but the one I've seen has no such message.
It's at 2:14 and the message was all over gaming websites as well as forums back then.
fishbaits: ... “Multiplayer is strategically important, playing online is strategically important, because we want to have a commercial leg for service type games, games which generate stable income, period to period, which are built. Of course, every game ends after a number of years, some service type games function even after 10 years, but outside our main source of income, meaning big names, it’s building a stable source of income. And in the future, we can imagine a lot of connections between big games and service type games – We have to acknowledge it, it is obvious.” ....
I kind of agree with this. The logic is convincing. Online multiplayer games are the big money. I don't mind CDP going for that.

For me it might be a bit sad, because I'm more of a single player and Cyberpunk may not offer enough for me (maybe years after release when it is much cheaper) but I'm confident that I'll find enough interesting games for me elsewhere. So it's probably okay.

Now I wonder when Cyberpunk 2077 will actually come out (this decade or later) and how it will actually be?

viperfdl: ... I have a bad feeling about this.
I have mostly a bad feeling about their first paragraph about their allegedly high standards. It seems to be a very high risk they actually produce a game that won't sell as well (not interesting, buggy) as they need it to be and may face financial ruin - if ever they publish it.

Actually I'm happy again not to have bought any stock of CDP shares.
Mr_Classica: I think people need to have a little faith ...
What has faith to do with it? All we need to have is patience. At some point they may publish something and then we just have a sharp look at it before we buy it. It's just business. They bet that online and multiplayer is what gamers want. They will find out if this is indeed the case. It's all just a big (several million dollars worth) bet.
Post edited November 15, 2017 by Trilarion