It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Some straightforward procedures should be tackled with no hassle involved. We know that, you know that. That’s why we’ve been thinking of ways to improve your user experience in different areas and implementing changes, paying attention to the needs you expressed. Actions speak louder than words – you can expect further updates.

We’ve already automated the username change process in mid-2020, streamlined the refund process by implementing a dedicated refund form, making it easier for our staff to process the requests in April last year. And now, we’re working on a solution to make your general experience smoother!

In September last year, we started testing a modern, autonomous chatbot system called Zowie, in hopes of improving your Customer Support experience. Since we’re currently in an advanced stage of evaluating the software, let us shed more light on the reasoning behind its implementation and our next steps.
We’re continuously checking your feedback, and know the bot is sometimes off the mark - we’re aware of that and regularly work on bettering the software. As an AI-based system, it’s constantly learning and its accuracy will improve over time - we hope you will see the results of that soon.

The idea behind supplementing our Support Team with a chatbot stemmed from two main considerations:

Providing you with shorter wait times. This of course refers to problem types that don't require involving a Staff member (for example redirecting to the refund form, relevant settings on the website and offering useful guidelines). Since a bot works at full capacity 24/7, 365 days a year, and never works off a backlog of tickets, it’s an immense help for our Support Staff and allows us to focus on more complex queries. Furthermore, it helps to significantly improve delays in replies during high-traffic events such as promos.

Improving indirect communication. The chatbot collects all the necessary details required for our Support Representatives to accurately address your inquiries and potential issues, improving their ticket-solving effectiveness by proxy.

Our chatbot evaluating process should last until mid-2022 and your input is a vital part of it.

Zowie’s chatbot is yet another step towards upgrading GOG’s self-service features in our continuous efforts of improving your Customer Support experience, and we already have preliminary data to prove it - depending on the spread of problem types at the time, out of all the requests we receive from you, roughly 40% are successfully addressed by the chatbot, whereas the remaining inquiries are automatically directed to one of our Support Staff by creating a ticket.

While there’s still plenty of time left until the end of the evaluation stage, rest assured that you - our community - will remain an important part of the decision-making process. After all, the Customer Support features we’re implementing are designed with you in mind, and we wouldn’t have it any other way.
Therefore, we welcome your constructive feedback, and at the same time would like to ask you to give our new bot a chance.

FAQ

Does the chatbot implementation mean you will no longer provide Customer Support by your Staff?
No, the bot is intended to supplement, not replace our Support Team.
Our goal is for the bot to swiftly assist you with easier topics, saving you the wait time before a human could respond. Thanks to that, our Staff will be able to direct their focus on more complex inquiries (or any that don't have self-service features implemented yet), and not be as swamped during big events like promos.

The chatbot completely missed the mark and didn’t answer my question.
We are aware the bot may sometimes be off the mark, which is why we continuously work on improving the software. Our Support Team is regularly using the bot’s backend systems to actively help it learn, as well as regularly adding new automations and improving existing ones.
As an AI-based system, it’s constantly learning and its accuracy will improve over time – we hope you will see the results of that soon! If the bot is unable to help you, it will create a support ticket so that our Support Team can offer you further assistance. We will also be able to review what went wrong and incorporate necessary improvements into the bot's software.

I don’t want to jump through hoops in order to have my request resolved. I feel like the chatbot unnecessarily extends the process.
The chatbot was implemented to actually speed up this process, as it allows for indirect communication improvements. It collects all the necessary details required (e.g. order ID, payment details, operating system information etc.) for our Support Representatives to later accurately address your query in a timely manner.

You mention that the evaluation process will last until mid-2022, what then?
We will either continue using the bot and invest more time in its further development, or close the project and look for other ways to provide you with better customer service.

Do you consider a scenario in which the chatbot implementation is unsuccessful?
Yes, we are regularly looking at the numbers and performance statistics, as well as your feedback, and are taking such a scenario into consideration (see above).

How is my data handled by the chatbot?
All information regarding processing of your personal data is provided in our Privacy Policy. Zowie and its chatbot have been checked cybersecurity-wise and legally – this also applies to every external tool and software we use.
You may object to processing of your personal data by our chatbot by sending us a message at privacy@gog.com. You may also use the same address to ask anything about processing your personal data by GOG and exercising your rights.

How can I provide feedback about the chatbot?
You can share your feedback by filling out this form.
cmclout: Sorry, but that's simply not true as a general statement. That is true if, and only if, the following conditions are true: 1) the customer has already downloaded the game, and 2) the game doesn't rely on the store's website/servers or user account.
I agree about the first condition, this is why I always download game installers as soon as I buy them and then automate the download of any future updates.

The second condition you list on the other hand only applies to DRMed games. A DRM-free game cannot, by definition, rely on the store servers or some user account.

Of course some games on GOG rely on Galaxy, so on GOG servers, to unlock all of their features. These games are not DRM-free, despite what GOG marketing proudly pretends. This is the main reason I would like to get a DRM filter when browsing GOG store, to ensure I do not end up buying DRMed games unknowningly. Or at least that I buy them with the full knowledge of the features that are only available to Galaxy/DRM users.
cmclout: Sorry, but that's simply not true as a general statement. That is true if, and only if, the following conditions are true: 1) the customer has already downloaded the game, and 2) the game doesn't rely on the store's website/servers or user account.
vv221: I agree about the first condition, this is why I always download game installers as soon as I buy them and then automate the download of any future updates.

The second condition you list on the other hand only applies to DRMed games. A DRM-free game cannot, by definition, rely on the store servers or some user account.

Of course some games on GOG rely on Galaxy, so on GOG servers, to unlock all of their features. These games are not DRM-free, despite what GOG marketing proudly pretends. This is the main reason I would like to get a DRM filter when browsing GOG store, to ensure I do not end up buying DRMed games unknowningly. Or at least that I buy them with the full knowledge of the features that are only available to Galaxy/DRM users.
Very true. I, too, would love to have a DRM filter so we can see what is truly DRM-free and make an truly informed decision when deciding whether or not to purchase a game. Sadly, considering the fact that the GOG staff was insistent that Hitman was DRM-free, I doubt they'll ever implement such a filter (or if they do, they won't accurately categorize the games).

What do you use to automate the download of updates? I, too, always download the installers, but without having any system/process for downloading updates, I know many of my installers are several versions old.
cmclout: What do you use to automate the download of updates?
I use LGOGdownloader for GOG games, and wrote a small script around it and other tools (for Humble Bundle and itch.io) that is automatically run every night, check for new installers and download them. All of that unattended to make sure that I never miss anything ;)
cmclout: What do you use to automate the download of updates?
vv221: I use LGOGdownloader for GOG games, and wrote a small script around it and other tools (for Humble Bundle and itch.io) that is automatically run every night, check for new installers and download them. All of that unattended to make sure that I never miss anything ;)
Thank you for the info.
HypersomniacLive: I tried to make a couple of purchases during the winter sale using a card that was accepted by GOG just a couple of months prior. Yet this time, GOG decided to throw a fit and present me with that "something went wrong" message that blames one's bank -- which, from personal experience over the years, isn't always the case...
When I have encountered this, it has always been due to third-party website scripts being blocked. This is my preferred setup for security reasons - allowing any website to run scripts is a recipe for being compromised online. Unfortunately, this means having to change settings when GOG change payment providers (currently they're using Ayden, having switched away from Google). In addition, credit card providers are increasingly requiring the use of two-factor authentication, when means having to allow scripting for their sites also.

Therefore GOG's default error message (blaming the payer's bank) is not only unhelpful, but downright deceptive - and I have wasted the time of bank/credit card support staff in the past thanks to this. So one key recommendation for GOG - be honest about payment problems - if the payment is not authorised, just state that and suggest people review their browser security settings rather than point the finger at a (quite likely) innocent third party.
HypersomniacLive: (ii) the chatbot should always let one create a support ticket; whatever causes the "can't create ticket" needs to be addressed immediately.
Without this option, the chatbot looks likely to be another obstacle to contacting support. GOG already put several hurdles in place, including:
* CAPTCHAs on support pages (these prevented me raising tickets, though things seem better now);
* Automatic closure of new tickets.

Given that submitting a ticket for a technical issue via the website already requires the inclusion of a large amount of information (including a dxdiag file), this does rather put into question the role of a chatbot - will it be able to parse system specifications? ("Ooh, sorry - that graphics card is *just* not up to scratch. By the way, have you tried GOG Galaxy?") or link to a known-issues database? ("You're using a recent version of OS X? No 32-bit gaming classics for you! By the way, have you tried GOG Galaxy?").

If Zowie can't manage these, then how can it improve upon the current system, where the first automated response includes a scattershot of FAQ entries based upon the wording in the ticket description?

While any attempt to improve customer service is laudable, this does look to be more about reducing costs than providing a better experience.
Post edited February 03, 2022 by AstralWanderer
low rated
skeletonbow: Communications on such issues are always appreciated.
and that's exactly the reason why I am pushing for the communication to happen, "we are sorry" doesn't cut it
Saw a news article that GOG won't support Steam Deck. My initial reaction was 'Well, that's ok, because they don't support Windows or Mac or Linux either'

I've downloaded all my installers so I can disconnect from Galaxy - they all work just fine except one (which constantly crashes during the install). Rather than trying to get support to get it to work, I just re-purchased the game on Steam, and it worked fine the first time. It's sad that I had to do that, but the virtual chat firewall is just too hard to hack through.

So rather than risk double-buying, I'll just buy elsewhere going forward.
low rated
Here is my experience with your bot. Absolutely abysmal and terrible, it was completely unhelpful and worst of all there is no way to reject it. Even when using the most basic and limited 2-3 letter terms it cannot manage to grasp anything.

After trying in vain to get it to cooperate I just wanted the ordeal over, which it refused to comply with unless I gave it my e-mail. I gave up in frustration in the end and did so, only to find the e-mail help content was just as clueless.

THE ONE THING that should be front and center before any interaction with this bot even happens is the "NO THANKS, PROCEED TO CONTACTING HUMANS" option. Why isn't the classic contact form with the issue description box available alongside the bot?

If customer experience is the primary objective then I can comfortably say "MISSION FAILED" at least so far. Even if it's helped resolve 40%+ of customer issues.

True, at least 40% are absolute mouth-breathers that can barely manage to put on underwear, probably a conservative number in fact. But regardless of how true that is, not all your customers are headless chickens that can't grasp how to double click exes, why trying to install Mac software on Windows doesn't work or some other inanity. You say "Some straightforward procedures should be tackled with no hassle involved." but for me it was MORE hassle. Or maybe you were just talking about no hassle for the company.

The reality is that there is no substitute for human interaction no matter how much you train the digital monkey.

And while this sounds harsh, it's because I really want you guys to succeed. That's why over 90% of my gaming purchases are still with your service, despite no small amount of efforts on GOG's part to drive me away with things like removing Devotion or having taken more than a decade for the shop to have a "exclude owned products" filter.
Post edited May 13, 2022 by yasagani
low rated
yasagani: Here is my experience with your bot. Absolutely abysmal and terrible, it was completely unhelpful and worst of all there is no way to reject it. Even when using the most basic and limited 2-3 letter terms it cannot manage to grasp anything.

After trying in vain to get it to cooperate I just wanted the ordeal over, which it refused to comply with unless I gave it my e-mail. I gave up in frustration in the end and did so, only to find the e-mail help content was just as clueless.

THE ONE THING that should be front and center before any interaction with this bot even happens is the "NO THANKS, PROCEED TO CONTACTING HUMANS" option. Why isn't the classic contact form with the issue description box available alongside the bot?

If customer experience is the primary objective then I can comfortably say "MISSION FAILED" at least so far. Even if it's helped resolve 40%+ of customer issues.

True, at least 40% are absolute mouth-breathers that can barely manage to put on underwear, probably a conservative number in fact. But regardless of how true that is, not all your customers are headless chickens that can't grasp how to double click exes, why trying to install Mac software on Windows doesn't work or some other inanity. You say "Some straightforward procedures should be tackled with no hassle involved." but for me it was MORE hassle. Or maybe you were just talking about no hassle for the company.

The reality is that there is no substitute for human interaction no matter how much you train the digital monkey.

And while this sounds harsh, it's because I really want you guys to succeed. That's why over 90% of my gaming purchases are still with your service, despite no small amount of efforts on GOG's part to drive me away with things like removing Devotion or having taken more than a decade for the shop to have a "exclude owned products" filter.
Sadly, most everyone thinks their problem is too complicated for the bot, or that they are too smart and need to go straight to customer support. I imagine the whole reason for the bot was at least half of the trouble calls they were receiving were answered by actually reading the instructions on a page or clicking the right file. So while I agree it is worthless because I am smart enough to answer for myself any question it could answer, it is not worthless to a large portion of the customer base, who as you say probably struggle with underwear or not asperating liquids. It is not particularly useful though, and I thought it was supposed to "learn" and get smarter, but it seems to be as stupid as day 1 when it comes to resolving issues or realizing it can't and forwarding a savvy customer on to a tech support agent who can help.
low rated
so are you really trying to tell me the intended customer experience is:

so you see a game you want in our store, so you dive deep into forums to make sure it's not corrupted in any way, but to be sure you also dive into reddit, spend hours looking for any signs of possible malicious code and find none, great, you pay, download the latest version freshly published and then you notice some of the latest content is gated behind online service

nope, I'm not going to fall for this, show me the procedures put in place to prevent that mess from happening
low rated
GOG.com: You mention that the evaluation process will last until mid-2022, what then?
We will either continue using the bot and invest more time in its further development, or close the project and look for other ways to provide you with better customer service.

Do you consider a scenario in which the chatbot implementation is unsuccessful?
Yes, we are regularly looking at the numbers and performance statistics, as well as your feedback, and are taking such a scenario into consideration (see above).
Mid 2022 has come and gone. It's time to remove the chatbot and allow users actually to submit support requests again.
I'm having technical problems with a game, and the bot is completely useless:
After asking me the same questions I had already gone through on the website, it demanded a system report.
First of all, shady.
Second, it didn't even allow me to upload the .txt file in the chat, and any written message would get the same demand for the system report repeated.

How do I get any actual assistance?
low rated
Here's the thing (maybe this has already been answered): if GOG goes back to the old way of allowing people to submit support requests (which I would prefer but I'm trying to be logical here), I don't see how that would improve response time. wouldn't that just make response time worse?

The only way to improve response time, afaik, would be to hire more Support people, and if GOG doesn't have the money for that ... the wailing and gnashing of teeth and spittle will continue.
high rated
GOG.com: Our chatbot evaluating process should last until mid-2022 and your input is a vital part of it.
It's October and look, what a surprise, the chatbot is still here with no further news on its supposed helpfulness. I haven't seen a single person on the forum have anything positive to say about it (staff not included). I have seen lots of people unable to contact support because of it however. Looks like all the cynics can pat themselves on the back for calling this an obvious cost-cutting measure that will stay in place no matter how it negatively impacts users.
So chat is useless and they remove mail contact, great job. So now when redeem page is bugged I connot even contact anyone.