It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

GOG keys of Celestian Tales: Old North should now be available for $14+ backers of Celestian Tales: Realms Beyond.
Grargar: GOG keys of Celestian Tales: Old North should now be available for $14+ backers of Celestian Tales: Realms Beyond.
Yep, got them this morning and forgot to mention it. Thanks. :)
Tekkaman-James: I understand that GOG won't carry every game that I like, but it still doesn't keep me from scratching my head from time to time.
Sometimes, the conspiracy theorist in me speculates that GOG allowed Hunie-Pop and Hatoful Boyfriend onto GOG as a sort of poison pill against VN advocates. Not saying that those games are bad, but they are supposedly controversial, unlike Tokyo Dark.
Tekkaman-James: I understand that GOG won't carry every game that I like, but it still doesn't keep me from scratching my head from time to time.
Sabin_Stargem: Sometimes, the conspiracy theorist in me speculates that GOG allowed Hunie-Pop and Hatoful Boyfriend onto GOG as a sort of poison pill against VN advocates. Not saying that those games are bad, but they are supposedly controversial, unlike Tokyo Dark.
HuniePop is not even VN. It's match-3 puzzle game.
Sabin_Stargem: Sometimes, the conspiracy theorist in me speculates that GOG allowed Hunie-Pop and Hatoful Boyfriend onto GOG as a sort of poison pill against VN advocates. Not saying that those games are bad, but they are supposedly controversial, unlike Tokyo Dark.
Frozen: HuniePop is not even VN. It's match-3 puzzle game.
Hybridization is quite common in videogames. Lufia II is a JRPG, yet is has puzzle-heavy dungeons. Gun Gal is a rail shooter, but has a fair bit of dialogue between stages, along with choices to pursue your preferred love interests. Tyrian is a Euroshmup, but you can collect data cubes for storyline bits.
Frozen: HuniePop is not even VN. It's match-3 puzzle game.
Sabin_Stargem: Hybridization is quite common in videogames. Lufia II is a JRPG, yet is has puzzle-heavy dungeons. Gun Gal is a rail shooter, but has a fair bit of dialogue between stages, along with choices to pursue your preferred love interests. Tyrian is a Euroshmup, but you can collect data cubes for storyline bits.
If we take hybrids into account, then GOG is full of Visual Novel games: Long Live the Queen, Hyperdimension Neptunia series, The Banner Saga series, Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale, Chantelise - A Tale of Two Sisters, Corpse Party, Nihon Falcom games, hell... even Planescape: Torment can be viewed as VN in that sense.
Frozen: If we take hybrids into account, then GOG is full of Visual Novel games: Long Live the Queen, Hyperdimension Neptunia series, The Banner Saga series, Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale, Chantelise - A Tale of Two Sisters, Corpse Party, Nihon Falcom games, hell... even Planescape: Torment can be viewed as VN in that sense.
Yup. Which makes GOG's position on Tokyo Dark and pureblood VNs all that more puzzling and annoying.
Reever: My Time at Portia – An Enchanting Sandbox Simulation RPG

An adventure inspired by Animal Crossing, Dark Cloud 2, Harvest Moon, and the works of Miyazaki.

Welcome to My Time at Portia, a 3D sandbox RPG adventure inspired by the beautiful aesthetic of Castle in the Sky and Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind. My Time at Portia features gameplay elements inspired by the likes of Harvest Moon, Stardew Valley, and the Animal Crossing series mixed with Dark Cloud 2 and Steambot Chronicles, while creating its own unique world set in the lush backdrop of what remains of an ancient civilization.

This game came about due to our love for simulation RPGs. When we were brainstorming for this project, we wanted to make something like Animal Crossing mixed with Dark Cloud 2 mixed with Steambot Chronicles, since the release of Stardew Valley, probably add that in as well. We want to incorporate a lot of what made these games fun but also keep our own identity.
Reever: From the same people who made Planet Explorers, though it seems it won't be available DRM-free. Somebody would probably have to ask them about it...
From the comments: No, Steam is not needed, it'll be stand alone.

So it seems DRM-free! :) Only 3 hours left for the campaign!

Edit: I should read better. On the campaign page it says: 'After that, it’ll be released on GOG, WeGame, Itch, and GameJolt. The PS4, Switch, and Xbox One versions will release in fall of 2018.'
Post edited October 11, 2017 by Experiment513
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/111416884/shakes-and-fidget-the-adventure

In the comments:

KING Art Games Collaborator Superbacker about 3 hours ago
@Michael R.: HA! Now that's good marketing right there ;-)
- There will be a DRM Free Version
- Steam, GoG & Others
- Systems: Depends on the success of the Kickstarter. For now its PC. We're probably going to make Mac & Linux versions in any case. PS4 & Xbox One are stretch goals.

Only 74 minutes left for https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1757963851/my-time-at-portia-an-enchanting-sandbox-simulation btw! ;)
Post edited October 11, 2017 by Experiment513
This one isn't on Kickstarter yet but it will eventually be, so this is basically a notification in advance. :P

Today I discovered The Padre. It's basically a mouse-driven (and voxelized) modern day Alone in the Dark, and it doesn't try to hide it. There's a downloadable demo at Gamejolt, and I'm liking it so far.
Post edited October 20, 2017 by muntdefems
Experiment513: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/111416884/shakes-and-fidget-the-adventure

In the comments:

KING Art Games Collaborator Superbacker about 3 hours ago
@Michael R.: HA! Now that's good marketing right there ;-)
- There will be a DRM Free Version
- Steam, GoG & Others
- Systems: Depends on the success of the Kickstarter. For now its PC. We're probably going to make Mac & Linux versions in any case. PS4 & Xbox One are stretch goals.

Only 74 minutes left for https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1757963851/my-time-at-portia-an-enchanting-sandbox-simulation btw! ;)
The whole thing is being developed on PCs. The same type of computers that has been used to develop World of Warcraft! The entire development team is based in Europe, the same continent on which Game of Thrones and Star Wars were filmed, and many of our developers are carbon-based lifeforms, just like J. K. Rowling, Mel Brooks and the creators of Dungeons & Dragons!
Alright, these guys at least have a sense of humour!
Lonely Mountains: Downhill

An arcade-style mountain biking game with a cool art style.
Win/Mac/Linux versions and a DRM free release promised.
Roughly halfway to their goal with 25 days left.
Post edited October 22, 2017 by jorg11
K'NOSSOS, a Classic Point-and-Click Sci Fi Adventure Game

"K’NOSSOS is a classical science fiction point-and-click adventure game which follows the story of a lone passenger aboard a huge interstellar colonization ship traveling the unknown reaches of the cosmos, and the things he uncovers on his journey."

"In its essence K’NOSSOS is a progeny of ideas expressed during the golden age of adventure game genre, with gameplay reminiscent of such classic point-and-click titles as Beneath the Steel Sky, Chronomaster, Primordia and The Dig. The game puts equal emphasis on characterization, atmosphere and storytelling on the one hand, and problem solving and challenging puzzles on the other."

And from their FAQ,

Will there be a DRM free version of the game?
Yes, we are planning to do that. The Prologue of the game is already available on itch.io and we're also planning to release the game there when it's done. We are also talking to GoG and they seem to be interested. We can't tell for sure right now where exactly the game will be released DRM-free, but we will definitely find a solution.
Post edited October 23, 2017 by rgnrk
rgnrk: K'NOSSOS, a Classic Point-and-Click Sci Fi Adventure Game
Thanks for the heads-up! Looks worth a gamble, in spite of my very uneven experience with games on KS.
I guess this hasn't been mentioned here yet:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/136646366/learn-japanese-to-survive-kanji-combat

"Learn Japanese To Survive! Kanji Combat is an educational game, designed to be the ideal introductory course to the Japanese language! It's the third game in a smash-hit series, following Hiragana Battle and Katakana War - but you don't need to have played those!

This new game teaches you a separate part of Japanese: the Kanji writing system.

Compatible with PC & Mac, Learn Japanese To Survive! Kanji Combat is a spectacular mixture of learning, action, adventure and intrigue! Everything you need to start learning Japanese is contained within the game!"
Post edited October 24, 2017 by PixelBoy