It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Tekkaman-James: (...)
The Pedestrian
(...)
The full version is planned for release in June of 2017 and will be available through a variety of retailers including Steam, Humble Store and itch.io for Windows, Mac and Linux.
(...)
Source for that? The KS page only mentions 'PC' and Mac on Steam.

I know there's a Linux build of the demo available on itch.io (I played through it, quite nice), but that's hardly a commitment of anything...
Post edited February 07, 2017 by muntdefems
muntdefems: Source for that? The KS page only mentions 'PC' and Mac on Steam.

I know there's a Linux build of the demo available on itch.io (I played through it, quite nice), but that's hardly a commitment of anything.
In my communications with the developer via Kickstarter's private message system, they did confirm the information as I stated in the article. However, looking at the campaign page, there is indeed no mention of a Linux version. I will reach out to them and get clarification for you. Good catch!
muntdefems: Source for that? The KS page only mentions 'PC' and Mac on Steam.

I know there's a Linux build of the demo available on itch.io (I played through it, quite nice), but that's hardly a commitment of anything.
Tekkaman-James: In my communications with the developer via Kickstarter's private message system, they did confirm the information as I stated in the article. However, looking at the campaign page, there is indeed no mention of a Linux version. I will reach out to them and get clarification for you. Good catch!
Thanks!

In my experience with Kickstarter, always beware a dev promising things over PM and not announcing it publicly.
muntdefems: In my experience with Kickstarter, always beware a dev promising things over PM and not announcing it publicly.
A fair concern. I head back from the developer and they did assure me that a Linux build will be available. You can find information confirming this in Update # 6 on the campaign page. The developer said there are certain parts of the page (such as reward tier descriptions) that cannot be edited once the campaign goes live, but they will look into updating some of the images on the main page to help illustrate that a Linux version will be available.

I hope this clears things up for you a bit.
muntdefems: In my experience with Kickstarter, always beware a dev promising things over PM and not announcing it publicly.
Tekkaman-James: A fair concern. I head back from the developer and they did assure me that a Linux build will be available. You can find information confirming this in Update # 6 on the campaign page. The developer said there are certain parts of the page (such as reward tier descriptions) that cannot be edited once the campaign goes live, but they will look into updating some of the images on the main page to help illustrate that a Linux version will be available.

I hope this clears things up for you a bit.
You're right, they did indeed officially promise a Linux version on an update. However, there's still no mention of Linux on the campaign description page.

And plus, I still can't find any mention of a DRM-free release. Well, I lie: all the rewards images(*) only mention a 'PC Digital Copy of the game, to be delivered via Steam upon release', except the $1,500 one, which is '...to be delivered via Steam or DRM free'. Hmmm... did they initially intend a DRM-free release but stepped back on that and forgot to modify that last image?

(*) I hate it when they do this and don't put it in text form, so you can miss things if you quick-scan the page by Ctrl-F'ing certain keywords (in my case, 'Linux' and 'DRM-free')
Alpha's Adventures - a yuri visual novel that has been advertised on various sites for a very long time has finally been put on Kickstarter. In less than a day it's already about 75% funded.
Its marked feature is that the game has a black muscular female as the protagonist (pic is relevant). :-)
Attachments:
<span class="bold">Ama's Lullaby - A point-and-click game in a cyberpunk world</span>

Ama's Lullaby is an adventure game in the style of Westwood's Blade Runner (1997), featuring a command-line based hacking system.
Hey people, just stumbled upon (Yeah I know I'm late to the party :D) Beautiful Desolation and wanted to bring it people's attention again! Campaign is ending in four days! The cinematic trailer is awesome and the story looks pretty cool.

I don't have the funds to back it now though. Hope I'll be able to do it later on Paypal...
Reever: Hey people, just stumbled upon (Yeah I know I'm late to the party :D) Beautiful Desolation and wanted to bring it people's attention again! Campaign is ending in four days!
I've been checking the KS more or less on a daily basis because I knew this one was going to be a close one. Just from the start I thought 24 days was a bit short for the campaign. Lo and behold, at best it'll limp across the finish line.
Reever: Hey people, just stumbled upon (Yeah I know I'm late to the party :D) Beautiful Desolation and wanted to bring it people's attention again! Campaign is ending in four days!
mistermumbles: I've been checking the KS more or less on a daily basis because I knew this one was going to be a close one. Just from the start I thought 24 days was a bit short for the campaign. Lo and behold, at best it'll limp across the finish line.
I'm not sure longer always equals better ;)
At this point, the game'll make it fine. I actually have to say, for me, there's little incentive to pledge anything above digital plus, and I might not be the only one who feels that way. I don't care for physical items (only clutters up my place, plus - shipping costs), and I don't want to play the Beta. So, there's nothing between digital plus and below 100 $ that I feel inclined to pledge for.
Add to that the absence of stretch goals and a (so far) windows only release, and there you have it...
(Btw, I nevertheless think the game looks to be amazing and should be funded above and beyond by now, just pondering possible reasons it's going that slow...)
WildHobgoblin: (Btw, I nevertheless think the game looks to be amazing and should be funded above and beyond by now, just pondering possible reasons it's going that slow...)
I bet it's a combination of KS fatigue and it being more of a niche genre with not that low a goal. Believe it or not, I've read some comments that some didn't care for its fuddly-duddly old isometric view.
Post edited February 14, 2017 by mistermumbles
Anew: The Distant Light

Looks pretty good. Unfortunately, as is the norm now in kickstarter with more ambitions projects, there's no mention of drm-free at all. So those early backers spots will be missed by those waiting for it. Oh, those good old days of kickstarter were everyone demanded the projects to be drm-free!
Just a note that Legrand Legacy has made the funding goal and there is still a little time to join in and help meet some stretch goals.
mistermumbles: I bet it's a combination of KS fatigue and it being more of a niche genre with not that low a goal.
IMO, a reasonably high goal is a nice way to show that you mean business. After all, you can not make a sophisticated game for just $10000 ("Visual Novels" being an exception). Normally I do not even bother looking at projects with goals less than $50000.
mistermumbles: I've been checking the KS more or less on a daily basis because I knew this one was going to be a close one. Just from the start I thought 24 days was a bit short for the campaign. Lo and behold, at best it'll limp across the finish line.
They made it! Yeah!