It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

rgnrk:
hummer010:
And let's not forget about their "clever wording" about GOG.

They said "Oh, and we have great news for you! The game will also be available on GOG!"

And when the backers started to ask about when they will get their GOG keys, Stoic replied "Who said the keys will be given to you? Now get your Steam keys and be gone. Or you can download our (unmaintained) DRM-free version from our site..." :-)

That was the first ShitStorm of many to come.
Post edited January 25, 2017 by Alm888
hummer010: Only after a shitstorm regarding the campaign promises was the game released at GOG.
But was it really that? I remember they were pretty adamant until release about both not having promised any such thing ("We never said $50 backers would be getting a DRM-Free version!") and about avoiding a day-1 GOG release, because they wanted to protect the game from piracy. What probably forced their hand was seeing the game getting pirated day-1 and unsatisfied backers mocking them for it.
hummer010: Only after a shitstorm regarding the campaign promises was the game released at GOG.
Grargar: But was it really that? I remember they were pretty adamant until release about both not having promised any such thing ("We never said $50 backers would be getting a DRM-Free version!") and about avoiding a day-1 GOG release, because they wanted to protect the game from piracy. What probably forced their hand was seeing the game getting pirated day-1 and unsatisfied backers mocking them for it.
You're right, that was it. After the first campaign Linux fiasco, I didn't really pay attention to the second campaign.
I was a backer of The Banner Saga at 50$ (so I get the three games) and got GOG.com keys for both games. It was not handled the best way (neither communication-wise, nor on the technical side) but I got what I asked for.
The delay is not something I really care as I like to wait a bit for the first patches to come before playing a game.
high rated
amrit9037: It's not just UnDungeon, It's UnDrm-Free too.
I contacted them and got a reply that no plans for GOG/Drm-free release.
How UnSettling it is. =\
IAmSinistar: Ah hell. I'll be unpledging, then. ~_~
Hi! Good news, everyone!

We are really glad to join the GOG community and share digital freedom ideas!

The DRM Free version of UnDungeon will be available on the GOG platform in addition to the release on Steam!

Since we have joined the GOG platform, backers of all pledge levels will be able to select a Steam Key or a GOG copy for PC / Mac / Linux. As regards the consoles release situation - it won’t meet any changes. PS4, Xbox, Nintendo Switch, and PS Vita versions will be available for selection depending on corresponding stretch goals achievement.

UnDungeon KIckstarter
Attachments:
Post edited January 25, 2017 by undungeon
IAmSinistar: Ah hell. I'll be unpledging, then. ~_~
undungeon: Hi! Good news, everyone!

The DRM Free version of UnDungeon will be available on the GOG platform in addition to the release on Steam!

Since we have joined the GOG platform, backers of all pledge levels will be able to select a Steam Key or a GOG copy for PC / Mac / Linux. As regards the consoles release situation - it won’t meet any changes. PS4, Xbox, Nintendo Switch, and PS Vita versions will be available for selection depending on corresponding stretch goals achievement.

UnDungeon KIckstarter
Finally!!!
Thank you.
Previously your reply really made few of us UnHappy but now we are UnTroubled.

Sweet! I have repledged now. :)

I'm backing for the soundtrack and art book as well. Will they be part of the GOG release too?

IAmSinistar: Sweet! I have repledged now. :)

I'm backing for the soundtrack and art book as well. Will they be part of the GOG release too?
Also ask them if they will give us an option to upgrade or keep updating it just like steam or will it become another Armello "DRM Free Edition". ;)
The unDungeon going drm-free is great news. That was the only reason I wasn't a backer, so I am now.

On different news, was just checking the status of my backed projects (so many lately...) and just fell apon the weirdest one yet:

Apocalypse Now: The Game

I wasn't aware of something like this at all, and it has some household names behind it. Not that I'm interest at all by this point, nor I saw any mention of it being drm-free. But I though is was newsworthy.
Post edited January 25, 2017 by rgnrk
rgnrk: On different news, was just checking the status of my backed projects (so many lately...) and just fell apon the weirdest one yet:

I wasn't aware of something like this at all, and it has some household names behind it. Not that I'm interest at all by this point, nor I saw any mention of it being drm-free. But I though is was newsworthy.
Wow! Stretch goals to $5M published upfront. I'm not even going to ask about Linux - Mac is the $4M stretch goal!

I hate when other platforms are stretch goals.

Yes! All rewards will be available for GOG release!

undungeon: Yes! All rewards will be available for GOG release!
Hi Team Undungeon! You guys are killing it on Kickstarter. Nice to see so many beautiful projects come out of Germany.
rgnrk: The unDungeon going drm-free is great news. That was the only reason I wasn't a backer, so I am now.

On different news, was just checking the status of my backed projects (so many lately...) and just fell apon the weirdest one yet:

WOAH! I totally missed this. Has some big names on it. Although sometimes I'm a little wary about superstar squad, their budget must be exorbitant and a KS project will probably cover only the smallest bit.
Post edited January 26, 2017 by chibichibieris
chibichibieris: Wow, just realized we do still have a long way to go hahaha.. Yeah, quite exciting, but seriously... KS is not for the faint of heart.. :D
IAmSinistar: I'm optimistic about this run, especially as the goal is below what was pledged last time. There are usually two big spike periods on KS, at the start and the end. I've seen projects raise huge amounts in the final 48 hours, which is exciting but nerve-wracking for the project creators. :)
Yeah, it's looking good this time. HA! Nerve-wrecking doesn't even come close to describe it :D
chibichibieris: Wow, just realized we do still have a long way to go hahaha.. Yeah, quite exciting, but seriously... KS is not for the faint of heart.. :D
Alm888: As you have passed the 30% Rule it is safe to say the Kickstarter project will succeed and we can congratulate you on this. Of course the rule is empirical and there is a time factor involved (I believe the 30% threshold should be reached somewhere in the first third of the timeline).

P.S. Still won't back the project as nothing has changed since the last attempt.
Hmm.. Can you please give additional input on things you'd want to see on the campaign maybe? Or on the Pre-Alpha demo?
IAmSinistar: Backed!
Getcomposted: ^^ This.
We're backing this too. Looks too good to pass!
Post edited January 26, 2017 by chibichibieris
chibichibieris: Hmm.. Can you please give additional input on things you'd want to see on the campaign maybe? Or on the Pre-Alpha demo?
No, don't take me wrong. You are doing just fine. It is just that I'm not interested in Windows games, ever. We already spoke about this during your previous ampaign and since then nothing has changed in this field. I'm sorry for not being clear enough the first time around.

But the campaign looks promising. Who knows, maybe some time later after release...

P.S. It was nice of you to do a cross-promotion with Pixel Princess Blitz in your last updates.
undungeon: Yes! All rewards will be available for GOG release!
That's what I like to hear! And it looks like the move to GOG was a good one, as the project is just about to hit funding.

chibichibieris: Yeah, it's looking good this time. HA! Nerve-wrecking doesn't even come close to describe it :D
I know, It's nice to hit goal early and then start building out some stretch goals. But I don't think you need to worry too much about making it this time. I feel pretty optimistic that you'll make goal before too long. And often in the last couple of days the project gets a huge visibility boost on KS, often with a commensurate spike in new pledges. So keep heart and good luck!