It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hurm, I took a look at Sorcerer King.
From the screenshots alone I'm getting a HoMM vibe from it.
j0ekerr: Hurm, I took a look at Sorcerer King.
From the screenshots alone I'm getting a HoMM vibe from it.
If it's like Fallen Enchantress it's a *bit* closer to Civ but with a "sort of kind of" HoMM combat to it. It's been a while since I've played a HoMM game, but FE's combat was a bit faster and more lethal.
Ixamyakxim: Hi! I kind of think of you as a fixture of these things - have I been spending too much time thread bouncing or just missed you around a lot or were you lurking this go around?
Hey there. =)

No, you didn't miss me.
Between extreme lack of sleep when I started, a couple of nagging health problems, the realization that the standard structure of the sale, the highs and lows that keep it interesting and fast-paced on one side while helping to produce a sense of community since people tend to talk more when they're stuck in a lull, the removal of virtually all sense of anticipation after seeing the initial hundred titles in the first few hours, and my sitting at over 1,100 games?
I kinda said to hell with it since I'd already purchased every title that stood out within the very first quick round. Changed my original plan, burned my remaining budget and got out.
Ended up with 8 more items from the sale, and 3 I grabbed at retail price.
Post edited March 23, 2016 by CarrionCrow
CarrionCrow:
Ah a few bummers in there :(

Yes, GoG should have stuck a few terrible games with high quantities in there as "buffers" - I sort of liked the frantic pace but it DOES keep a bit of the fun interactions down when someone knows that reading a post will see four games fly by.

*EDIT We need that South Park scene playing on a loop on the front page:

"Aaaaaaaaaand... IT'S GONE!"
Post edited March 23, 2016 by Ixamyakxim
Ixamyakxim: Ah a few bummers in there :(

Yes, GoG should have stuck a few terrible games with high quantities in there as "buffers" - I sort of liked the frantic pace but it DOES keep a bit of the fun interactions down when someone knows that reading a post will see four games fly by.

*EDIT We need that South Park scene playing on a loop on the front page:

Oh well. Figuring this will be the new structure moving forward, an Insomnia-lite of sorts. I'll take advantage in the future if I feel like it, ignore it if I don't. (The ultimate goal as always being that my list will be completely wiped out, so I won't have to give a shit about sales in general anymore.)
CarrionCrow:
Sounds a bit like sale burnout. Or are you closing in on the end of that list?

Anything interesting sans sales? Mucking about with any notable games.
Gooden afternoogen lovely people of Fred!

I hope you are all doing well on this lovely evening?

*hugs, waves, and some homemade cherry scones*

Are scones called scones elsewhere? Well these are what scones are, just in case. :-)
http://img05.deviantart.net/15a3/i/2011/160/f/7/cherry_coconut_scones_by_captainlibya-d3ifrib.jpg
ddickinson: Are scones called scones elsewhere? Well these are what scones are, just in case. :-)
http://img05.deviantart.net/15a3/i/2011/160/f/7/cherry_coconut_scones_by_captainlibya-d3ifrib.jpg
Check one for a scone existing in the US. Hard to find good ones though. A lot of them end up really, really dense and heavy, less flaky and buttery.

*EDIT Are you saving Crow from me? ;)
Post edited March 23, 2016 by Ixamyakxim
ElTerprise: Edit: And also Fran Bow
I really hope you enjoy Fran Bow as much as I did, I loved it.

Well I picked up Outlaws + A Handful Of Missions, had my eye on it for a long time and I figure $1.49 is a fair price considering what others have said about it (great game with plenty of glitches).
Ixamyakxim: Sounds a bit like sale burnout. Or are you closing in on the end of that list?

Anything interesting sans sales? Mucking about with any notable games.
32 items left at the moment.

Yes, I have some items I want to get into. Got Day of the Tentacle, Fran Bow, grabbed the Pillars of Eternity expansion so I can start a full run of that soon as well.
ddickinson: Gooden afternoogen lovely people of Fred!

Are scones called scones elsewhere? Well these are what scones are, just in case. :-)
Good evening. I love that new word, "afternoogen" :-)
... and yeah, we call them scones here 8-þ,'',',','',','
*big thank you hug, and devouring scones*
ddickinson: Gooden afternoogen lovely people of Fred!

Good evening.

Doing all right here, how's your night going?

I've seen items described as scones in this country. They didn't look like what's in your picture, though.
CarrionCrow: 32 items left at the moment.
Wooooooow so you are near... that's crazy - big party in here when it is finite?

Because I'm opinionated - bookend Pillars with the adventure games! I say lead in with Fran so you can close out with a laugh after what I'm sure is a ~200 hour RPG (with expansions - unless they're short?).
Ixamyakxim: Check one for a scone existing in the US. Hard to find good ones though. A lot of them end up really, really dense and heavy, less flaky and buttery.

*EDIT Are you saving Crow from me? ;)
I did wonder if the US changed the name for something else. A bit like you did with jam by calling it jelly. And I think your pancakes are different to ours as well. Ours are thinner and roll up with the filling inside. From what I have seen the US has them thicker and with the topping on the top. There are probably many other foods as well. And no doubt we have done the same with some foods that originated in the US.

Saving Crow from me? Have you boys been behaving yourselves? o_O
Ixamyakxim: *EDIT We need that South Park scene playing on a loop on the front page:

All except Kerbal.
Kerbal endures!