It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

EndreWhiteMane: Morning Monkey Man, doing OK today?
pimpmonkey2382.313: Pretty tired but doing well, thanks Endre, and yourself? :)
Glad you're well, I'm the same and just enjoying a lazy day. ;-)
Got really lucky on an Ebay score.

The other day I had my friend order me 2 FC Twin NES/SNES clone consoles sold AS IS and untested. I figured both would be DOA, but one works perfectly and the other has bent pins on the NES cartridge side. I gave the one with the cart slot problems to my friend as a thank you and if he can't repair it, it's at least a back up SNES system for him. And I got both for about 15 total bucks. I was really happy with that roll of the dice luck.
pimpmonkey2382.313: Got really lucky on an Ebay score.

The other day I had my friend order me 2 FC Twin NES/SNES clone consoles sold AS IS and untested. I figured both would be DOA, but one works perfectly and the other has bent pins on the NES cartridge side. I gave the one with the cart slot problems to my friend as a thank you and if he can't repair it, it's at least a back up SNES system for him. And I got both for about 15 total bucks. I was really happy with that roll of the dice luck.
That was a very nice score, congrats! :-)
pimpmonkey2382.313: Got really lucky on an Ebay score.

EndreWhiteMane: That was a very nice score, congrats! :-)
Yeah I'm really happy with it. They were system only, no cords. But already have A/V and a power supply cord coming with it. Just need an SNES controller and some games now.
*first helmet tip of the weekend* ?
AgentBirdnest: *first helmet tip of the weekend* ?
*hugs birdnest* :P
AgentBirdnest: *first helmet tip of the weekend* ?
*goes and puts a cowboy hat on, then tips it*
*Tips drink over*

Happy weekend, fine folks of Fred!

I hope you're all doing well, or as well as possible. :) Playing a bit of Axiom Verge while the lady plays a tablet game. Quite a lazy morning. I guess it's time to put on some coffee, in case I need to function at some point today. ;)
akhliber: *Tips drink over*

Happy weekend, fine folks of Fred!

I hope you're all doing well, or as well as possible. :) Playing a bit of Axiom Verge while the lady plays a tablet game. Quite a lazy morning. I guess it's time to put on some coffee, in case I need to function at some point today. ;)
Howdy Akh! Lazy morning here too.
How is Axiom Verge? Looks good but way too hard for me, I have no reflexes. :-)
EndreWhiteMane: Howdy Akh! Lazy morning here too.
I'm really enjoying it so far. It's clearly very heavily influenced by Metroid (much moreso than any other "Metroidvania" I've played), and seems visually like Metroid and H.P. Lovecraft had a video game baby. ;)
I've only put in about an hour, but it feels *SO* much like the original Metroid, which was probably my all-time favorite game as a kid, so I'm loving it. I've made it past the first 2 bosses, the first of which was pretty easy, the second of which did actually require a strategy (with some decent reflexes for jumping/shooting in between incoming attacks) and was probably an indication that it's about to get harder, but outside of that second boss, so far, it hasn't required too much in the way of quick reflexes. Occasional quick enemies, but the save points are well placed and never too far away if you die, so I think it's one I'll be able to trudge through, even if it gets much tougher along the way. We shall see. :)
I'm generally pretty awful with reflexes in games (and as a result suck at fps and platformers in particular.) But so far this one seems very playable.
EndreWhiteMane: Howdy Akh! Lazy morning here too.
akhliber: I'm really enjoying it so far. It's clearly very heavily influenced by Metroid (much moreso than any other "Metroidvania" I've played), and seems visually like Metroid and H.P. Lovecraft had a video game baby. ;)
I've only put in about an hour, but it feels *SO* much like the original Metroid, which was probably my all-time favorite game as a kid, so I'm loving it. I've made it past the first 2 bosses, the first of which was pretty easy, the second of which did actually require a strategy (with some decent reflexes for jumping/shooting in between incoming attacks) and was probably an indication that it's about to get harder, but outside of that second boss, so far, it hasn't required too much in the way of quick reflexes. Occasional quick enemies, but the save points are well placed and never too far away if you die, so I think it's one I'll be able to trudge through, even if it gets much tougher along the way. We shall see. :)
I'm generally pretty awful with reflexes in games (and as a result suck at fps and platformers in particular.) But so far this one seems very playable.
Cool, thanks for that. :-)
Just pre-ordered Lost Sea, that makes me feel so decisive.

And silly. (a whopping 10% discount) :-)
It has to be good if it has this guy, right?
Attachments:
elephapig.jpg (153 Kb)
Post edited July 03, 2016 by EndreWhiteMane
Good evening everybody !! :)
**hugs, waves, beers and France flags** :->
Empress_Owl: Good evening everybody !! :)
**hugs, waves, beers and France flags** :->
Tomorrow's the 4th, pal. The only colors we're flying right now are the red white and blue. XD

*I know what's coming, but it's worth it.*
Emob78: Tomorrow's the 4th, pal. The only colors we're flying right now are the red white and blue. XD
Exactly. They're our colours too.