It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

EndreWhiteMane: Could you tell me what I was doing in the 70s? I've always wondered about that.
CarrionCrow: Let me see...

Oh man...no one could sport a paisley leisure suit with matching white guy afro like you could. ;)
Whoa! I was afraid of that.
CarrionCrow: I also suck at stealth, but I like Shadow of Mordor's stealth most of the time. (Aside from shit like, go poison 5 barrels in an enemy camp while not being detected).

Yeah, I like it quite a bit. It really is like super expanded medieval Batman Arkham Asylum/City, only you know why all the enemies fall down, as opposed to Arkham where you have to assume Batman beats everyone into a prolonged coma.
Yes it's not bad. But i messed the Ratbag mission once and then Mad Max came in the way...but i'll get back to it. Like killing the middle bosses :)
I know right? It's a pretty good game and they nailed the free-flow combat system and yes...having it in a world where you kill the enemies makes it "realistic" compared to the non-lethal approach of Batman which is sometimes unbelievable after he's done with his enemies :D
JunglePredator: GAH!

Not every game on Steam has DRM!!!
Oh god, a Steam fanboy. :-)

I know they don't, but I am also not keen on a client either, and most of the games I saw did have DRM. So there. :-p

Fantasysci5: *in the sea of US flags, you see a lone Union Jack going "Wooo, England!"*
Yay! *big hug*

CarrionCrow: -laughing- I never thought that'd be such an effective form of weather control.

It's okay. It's a desert during summer, of course it's going to suck.

Totally understandable. For rationalization, I look at all of it like I was still going to Blockbuster or Hollywood Video and renting stuff. It's the same thing. If it's worth it, then great. Play it, beat it, feel like I got my money's worth and move on.
If it's not (like some 60 dollar, 8 hours of content having piece of crap), I skip it.

I'm sorry to hear she's wiped out energy-wise, but also glad you're feeling better today. =)
Well I think this was actually a weather man I hit, not a seal. But it seemed to work. :-)

That is a good way of looking at it. So does that make GOG the second hand store where we buy old games from then? :-)

No need to be sorry. She has been working quite hard lately as some of her work colleagues are off due to a number of reasons, so she has needed to work a lot more hours. Which is why I was glad she went out last night, as she really needed a nice time out with her work friends away from work.
EndreWhiteMane: Whoa! I was afraid of that.
Sorry...this is why I usually don't look when people can't remember. Never know what you'll dredge up. ;)
ElTerprise: Yes it's not bad. But i messed the Ratbag mission once and then Mad Max came in the way...but i'll get back to it. Like killing the middle bosses :)
I know right? It's a pretty good game and they nailed the free-flow combat system and yes...having it in a world where you kill the enemies makes it "realistic" compared to the non-lethal approach of Batman which is sometimes unbelievable after he's done with his enemies :D
I'm hoping it won't be largely stealth-based for the main missions. That is my least favorite part of the game by far.
It's fun when you have the choice, shit when you're forced to.

It's obvious, Batman is either killing people or leaving them with life-long traumatic brain injuries. One of the two.
Post edited July 01, 2016 by CarrionCrow
ddickinson: Oh god, a Steam fanboy. :-)

I know they don't, but I am also not keen on a client either, and most of the games I saw did have DRM. So there. :-p
I'm not a "fan boy" of anything; I'm a (PC) gamer & just find it unreasonable anyone will not play a game they're interested in because it's only on Steam & Steam is "DRM".

A partial DRM free list: http://steam.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_DRM-free_games

As for "Fan Boy"... I've actually bought from most digital stores that seem to have a reputable presence.
I've bought from: Direct2Drive, Impulse (Stardock & Gamestop), GamersGate, GOG, Steam, Indie Gala, Humble Bundle, Indie Royale (the company associated with starting Desura), Bundle Stars, Amazon, Strategy First, EA (before & after Origin), NCSoft, Future Shop (now Best Buy the parent company), Games For Windows Live Marketplace (Microsoft's PC store that shut down), Games Republic & probably others I've forgotten exist. Only off hand ones I know I haven't bought from are Activision's digital store & Ubisoft's digital store.
I almost always go the lowest price & I'm willing to critique any of them. There has been, or is, DRM free items on all of them & all have benefits & disadvantages.
JunglePredator: I'm not a "fan boy" of anything; I'm a (PC) gamer & just find it unreasonable anyone will not play a game they're interested in because it's only on Steam & Steam is "DRM".

A partial DRM free list: http://steam.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_DRM-free_games

As for "Fan Boy"... I've actually bought from most digital stores that seem to have a reputable presence.
I've bought from: Direct2Drive, Impulse (Stardock & Gamestop), GamersGate, GOG, Steam, Indie Gala, Humble Bundle, Indie Royale (the company associated with starting Desura), Bundle Stars, Amazon, Strategy First, EA (before & after Origin), NCSoft, Future Shop (now Best Buy the parent company), Games For Windows Live Marketplace (Microsoft's PC store that shut down), Games Republic & probably others I've forgotten exist. Only off hand ones I know I haven't bought from are Activision's digital store & Ubisoft's digital store.
I almost always go the lowest price & I'm willing to critique any of them. There has been, or is, DRM free items on all of them & all have benefits & disadvantages.
*sighs* I was joking, hence the smile at the end of the sentence. I don't care even if you were a fan boy, and I never thought you were, I was just being playful. If people want to use Steam then fine, it makes no difference to me. There is no reason for you to become defensive about it.

But to play devils advocate to your complaint, I find it unreasonable that anyone will get so worked up at someone else not buying games form a store they don't agree with. It does not effect you in any way, so why should it matter who buys what from where or who won't but from where? if you are fine with all those stores then great, give yourself a pat on the back. But just because you are does not mean everyone else is. You have your views they have theirs. This would be a pretty dull world if we all thought the same. I really fail to see why there is so much hostility on the internet between the Steam and no-Steam people. Like it matters to anyone really, you use what you want, others use what they want. it is not hurting you in any way, just as you using Steam is not hurting them.
ddickinson:
-jumps in-

I use GOG and Steam both. Want to thumb wrestle about it? ;P

-jumps out-
You might have a point.
CarrionCrow: -jumps in-

I use GOG and Steam both. Want to thumb wrestle about it? ;P

-jumps out-
Sure. *tries to remember the rhyme*

I think it is: One, two, three, four, I declare a thumb war?

And I have no problem with what store people use. I am not about to go about forcing my views on people about where they get bloody games from, they do what they want, I do what I want, and we can we all get along.

... wait, how big are your hands, is this going to be an unfair thumb wrestle? :-)
CarrionCrow: I'm hoping it won't be largely stealth-based for the main missions. That is my least favorite part of the game by far.
It's fun when you have the choice, shit when you're forced to.

It's obvious, Batman is either killing people or leaving them with life-long traumatic brain injuries. One of the two.
Yes me too, i mean i like the silent killings but i want to let them taste my steel blade :D

I wonder which would be better in the long run...
Random Steam question: I sometimes see games that say they require third party clients, like Uplay. Does that mean you could get a key on Steam and redeem it on Uplay, or would you have to launch the game via Steam, which then launches Uplay to play the game?
ddickinson: Random Steam question: I sometimes see games that say they require third party clients, like Uplay. Does that mean you could get a key on Steam and redeem it on Uplay, or would you have to launch the game via Steam, which then launches Uplay to play the game?
As far as I know, it's Uplay on top of Steam. You launch it through Steam, then it launches through Uplay.
ddickinson: Sure. *tries to remember the rhyme*

I think it is: One, two, three, four, I declare a thumb war?

And I have no problem with what store people use. I am not about to go about forcing my views on people about where they get bloody games from, they do what they want, I do what I want, and we can we all get along.

... wait, how big are your hands, is this going to be an unfair thumb wrestle? :-)
You got it. =)

Nuh uh. I can totally tell that you're forcing me. So much so, in fact, that I'm laughing about it right now. ;P

Um...-hides hands behind back-
They're very small and dainty. Very petite hands for someone of my size. Honest. ;)

ElTerprise: Yes me too, i mean i like the silent killings but i want to let them taste my steel blade :D

I wonder which would be better in the long run...
They're a nice supplemental. But like Batman, it's not the primary basis for combat.
Usually my attacks start with stealth, turn into a brawl mixed with slow-mo arrow shots to thin the inevitable herd, and occasionally end with me hiding again, depending on how many mini-bosses show up to that particular party.
(My personal record is having three of the bastards show up at once, like I'd inadvertently invaded a social mixer.)

Pretty sure I'd rather be dead than a human eggplant. Just my opinion.
Post edited July 01, 2016 by CarrionCrow
CarrionCrow: As far as I know, it's Uplay on top of Steam. You launch it through Steam, then it launches through Uplay.
I thought so. But I wasn't sure as that just seemed really dumb. But I guess Steam and Uplay are not exactly friends, so you can't expect them to share keys.

Thank you for the answer.

CarrionCrow: You got it. =)

Nuh uh. I can totally tell that you're forcing me. So much so, in fact, that I'm laughing about it right now. ;P

Um...-hides hands behind back-
They're very small and dainty. Very petite hands for someone of my size. Honest. ;)
I am not forcing you... now sit still and stare at this light with the spinning disc. You are feeling very sleepy... :-)

Why does that dainty hand look like it belongs to someone else? And why is that lady sat over there with only one arm? o_O

JunglePredator: You might have a point.
Do you have any nice plans for Canada day? Is it a big event in Canada?
Post edited July 01, 2016 by ddickinson
Good evening folks.

Two things have happend to me today.

The first one is that one of my closest friends' mother has died.
It wasn't a surprise thing and he took it in stride. In fact I believe he was relieved.

The second is confirmation that I passed every one of the tests I attended.
Which means I only have one subject to retake.

And now for something completely different.
A man with blurred genitalia.
Post edited July 01, 2016 by j0ekerr
CarrionCrow: They're a nice supplemental. But like Batman, it's not the primary basis for combat.
Usually my attacks start with stealth, turn into a brawl mixed with slow-mo arrow shots to thin the inevitable herd, and occasionally end with me hiding again, depending on how many mini-bosses show up to that particular party.
(My personal record is having three of the bastards show up at once, like I'd inadvertently invaded a social mixer.)

Pretty sure I'd rather be dead than a human eggplant. Just my opinion.
Yes. Similar here. I also like to start my attacks with stealth (or by terrorising them with environmental stuff) but then i start to attack them directly to get into the flow :)
Oh yes had that too...that was actually when i was killed by that Drushkat - who was a normal Uruk at that point :|

Me too...