It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

AgentBirdnest: Wait... you're saying that Hitler rode around on kangaroos and wrestled crocodiles? :-O
Relevant :P

ddickinson: Good morning, lovely people of Fred!

I hope you are all doing well and are looking forward to the weekend?

*hugs, waves, and some lovely tea*

Are we talking about Freud? Well from what I have read of his works, and and what I have heard from people who have studied him in details, he is an overrated idiot who does not at all deserve the reputation he has. Last I looked, most 3 year old boys were not sexually active towards their mothers, and at 5 years old they were not after impregnating their mothers and murdering their fathers. It says a lot about his own fantasies that he comes up with crap like that (I kind of think he was a crazy person that people mistook for being smart, when in fact he was just speaking nonsense). I would blame ELT but Freud was Austrian. Oh to hell with it, I will still blame ELT. After all, people get the two places mixed up all the time, just look at how many people think Hitler was German. :-)
Good morning DD *big return hug*
Doing fine here - what about you?

That reminds me of an Austrian Comedian who made a joke about that confusion: What's typical German: Hitler. What's typical Austrian: Beethoven xD
ddickinson: Of course, that is why he became the leader of Germany, they thought anyone riding in on a Kangaroo wearing crocodile skin boots was super cool.
Pretty sure that was Steve Irwin.
ElTerprise: Good morning DD *big return hug*
Doing fine here - what about you?

That reminds me of an Austrian Comedian who made a joke about that confusion: What's typical German: Hitler. What's typical Austrian: Beethoven xD
Good morning. Glad to hear you are doing fine, but only fine? Anything we can do to make it better?
I am good, thank you.

But to be fair, Hitler ruled Germany, so I can understand people thinking he was German.

zeogold: Pretty sure that was Steve Irwin.
Since when did Steve Irwin rule Germany? :-)
ddickinson: Not really, but that is the case most of the time. I usually just hoped to see things that the regulars here have on their wishlists for so I can do some gifting.
Oh well. Good luck with that. ;)
Post edited May 13, 2016 by omega64
Rejoice. Another Nordic promo.
ddickinson: Good morning. Glad to hear you are doing fine, but only fine? Anything we can do to make it better?
I am good, thank you.

But to be fair, Hitler ruled Germany, so I can understand people thinking he was German.
Thanks. Not really - having some neck pain but nothing to worry about. Glad to hear you're doing good :)

Sure. I don't blame them - not to mention that many Austrians considered themselves as Germans at that time. The distinct split between Germans and Austrians really began after World War 2.
Post edited May 13, 2016 by ElTerprise
ElTerprise: Rejoice. Another Nordic promo.
You make it sound like we get those often. ;-)
But still, there are many nice games on the list. But given how often they are on sale, I would think many already own most of what they like. Although it is nice for newer customers.

Do you see anything that catches your eye?

ElTerprise: Thanks. Not really - having some neck pain but nothing to worry about. Glad to hear you're doing good :)

Sure. I don't blame them - not to mention that many Austrians considered themselves as Germans at that time. The distinct split between Germans and Austrians really began after World War 2.
Sorry to hear that. I hope it is nothing too serious and will wear off as the day goes on. *gentle feel better soon hug*

The two countries did seem very similar pre-war. And I guess with the shared cultures it is understandable that there would be a mix up now and then. A bit like there are for many Scandinavian countries. I was going to say Nordic regions but given the promo I thought that would just be a bad pun. :-)
Post edited May 13, 2016 by ddickinson
ddickinson: You make it sound like we get those often. ;-)
But still, there are many nice games on the list. But given how often they are on sale, I would think many already own most of what they like. Although it is nice for newer customers.

Do you see anything that catches your eye?
Well don't we? :)
Yep and compared to other repeating promos Nordic actually (re-)releases games here which results in bigger weekend promos :)

Actually i do. The Panzer games and both Overclocked and Moment of Silence and maybe Impossible Creatures. These are games from the promo i'm somewhat interested in but i'm not in a hurry to decide whether i want to get them now or not :)
Anything for you on the list?
ElTerprise: Well don't we? :)
Yep and compared to other repeating promos Nordic actually (re-)releases games here which results in bigger weekend promos :)

Actually i do. The Panzer games and both Overclocked and Moment of Silence and maybe Impossible Creatures. These are games from the promo i'm somewhat interested in but i'm not in a hurry to decide whether i want to get them now or not :)
Anything for you on the list?
Of course not, next you will be telling me we have constant EA and Activision sales. :-)

Those are some interesting games.

Nothing for me from the sale, I have those which really interest me (I did look at Darksiders 2, but from the reviews it seems to be a broken mess, and I have still not played the first game yet anyway). Which is good, as my no gifting/buying games for myself thing started this week. I don't mind so much about not getting games for myself, but I am finding it hard to not gift, especially after hearing you mention all those games you might like to play. :-)
ddickinson: Sorry to hear that. I hope it is nothing too serious and will wear off as the day goes on. *gentle feel better soon hug*

The two countries did seem very similar pre-war. And I guess with the shared cultures it is understandable that there would be a mix up now and then. A bit like there are for many Scandinavian countries. I was going to say Nordic regions but given the promo I thought that would just be a bad pun. :-)
*big thank you hug* It's nothing too serious and t hopefully will be gone over the course of the day :)

I think it's a bit different because the rift somewhat began with the result of the German War in 1866 (also known as Fraternal War) which excluded the Austrian Germans from the unification of the Germanies and the unification of Germany and German-Austria was outlawed in the peace treaties after World War One which was then achieved by the Anschluss, which was popular in Austria (although they seem to forget that nowadays). Distancing themselves from these developments by nation building after the end of WWII helped immensly in styling Austria as the "first victim" of Nazi Germany.
ElTerprise: *big thank you hug* It's nothing too serious and t hopefully will be gone over the course of the day :)

I think it's a bit different because the rift somewhat began with the result of the German War in 1866 (also known as Fraternal War) which excluded the Austrian Germans from the unification of the Germanies and the unification of Germany and German-Austria was outlawed in the peace treaties after World War One which was then achieved by the Anschluss, which was popular in Austria (although they seem to forget that nowadays). Distancing themselves from these developments by nation building after the end of WWII helped immensly in styling Austria as the "first victim" of Nazi Germany.
I can understand them trying to distance themselves, even if their reason was not all that true. Even many Germans attempt to distance themselves from WWII. So do many people out side of Germany it seems. That is often why you will hear people refer to the Nazis when talking about the war and not the Germans as a whole. People like to distance themselves from atrocities and wars. It is human nature to seek culpability and to distance themselves from blame, even when in some cases their direct actions, or inactions, contribute and/or caused those atrocities.
*hugs and waves*
moonshineshadow: *hugs and waves*
*big hug, and since Crow is not here, a big milkshake as well*
ddickinson: Of course not, next you will be telling me we have constant EA and Activision sales. :-)

Those are some interesting games.

Nothing for me from the sale, I have those which really interest me (I did look at Darksiders 2, but from the reviews it seems to be a broken mess, and I have still not played the first game yet anyway). Which is good, as my no gifting/buying games for myself thing started this week. I don't mind so much about not getting games for myself, but I am finding it hard to not gift, especially after hearing you mention all those games you might like to play. :-)
You forgot Interplay :D

That not gifting/buying things sounds interesting although i can imagine that it can be hard to keep that up :)

ddickinson: I can understand them trying to distance themselves, even if their reason was not all that true. Even many Germans attempt to distance themselves from WWII. So do many people out side of Germany it seems. That is often why you will hear people refer to the Nazis when talking about the war and not the Germans as a whole. People like to distance themselves from atrocities and wars. It is human nature to seek culpability and to distance themselves from blame, even when in some cases their direct actions, or inactions, contribute and/or caused those atrocities.
Sure. But the past is usually cathing up at some point. And while my explaination might be short and biased it generally explains the development of the seperate Austrian nation....

*big friday hug*
ddickinson: *big hug, and since Crow is not here, a big milkshake as well*
*thank you hug*
ElTerprise: You forgot Interplay :D

That not gifting/buying things sounds interesting although i can imagine that it can be hard to keep that up :)

Sure. But the past is usually cathing up at some point. And while my explaination might be short and biased it generally explains the development of the seperate Austrian nation....
Of course, and the SqureEnix one. :-)

Well it is not really interesting, just a little self-imposed limitations as the money is better used elsewhere for a while what with the plans me and my partner have as things will be very expensive. Granted I don't really need to limit things, but I prefer to be on the safe side as we don't know how things will turn out, so better to have a nice nest egg to fall back on should we need to.

I know, and you put it very nicely.

moonshineshadow: *thank you hug*
*big you are welcome hug*