It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

CarrionCrow: It's okay, I already have it as a rental. Played it once, beat it, got bored. Now it collects digital dust.
I appreciate the offer though, thank you. =)

No clue why it's still not here. More than a few people have asked that question, but no one to my knowledge has received a real answer.

Well, I haven't played the other two yet, but Lifeless Planet was about as interesting as someone reading me the phonebook in a monotone voice for 7 hours after I'd just drank a bottle and a half of Nyquil.
You are welcome. At some point I need to get motivated to get all my Steam keys together and see if any of the regulars of the thread want any of them as they are just collecting dust.

It is strange. I wonder who is to blame, the publisher of GOG. Probably the publisher, but who knows why. But then they would not be the first to have games DRM-Free elsewhere and not here (though their own choice). I will never understand why some developers do that, surly they lose sales that way?

And yet I did enjoy that game :-). But then I am a fan of 1950s sci-fi, and I have not played as many games like that as I am sure you have, so to me it was not too bad. But I can understand why people dislike them all, I am well aware of their faults.
ddickinson: You are welcome. At some point I need to get motivated to get all my Steam keys together and see if any of the regulars of the thread want any of them as they are just collecting dust.

It is strange. I wonder who is to blame, the publisher of GOG. Probably the publisher, but who knows why. But then they would not be the first to have games DRM-Free elsewhere and not here (though their own choice). I will never understand why some developers do that, surly they lose sales that way?

And yet I did enjoy that game :-). But then I am a fan of 1950s sci-fi, and I have not played as many games like that as I am sure you have, so to me it was not too bad. But I can understand why people dislike them all, I am well aware of their faults.
I'm thinking that might take a while. -laughs-

I don't think it's GOG's doing on this one. They already have a relationship with the publisher, unless Torchlight got pulled and no one ever mentioned it.

Considering that they already have a DRM-free version made, whatever tiny changes would possibly be needed to sell it on GOG shouldn't take very much in terms of time or money. Whatever sales they get from it should more than offset that. And so, it's all a mystery.

Nothing wrong with that. My opinion isn't automatically the right answer to all things (only some of the time ;P), so I'll just be glad you enjoyed it. =)
I'll still chew through it eventually, since that's kinda my thing. Maybe the summer sale will have Montague's Mount, so I can have the third title you mentioned.
CarrionCrow: I'm thinking that might take a while. -laughs-

I don't think it's GOG's doing on this one. They already have a relationship with the publisher, unless Torchlight got pulled and no one ever mentioned it.

Considering that they already have a DRM-free version made, whatever tiny changes would possibly be needed to sell it on GOG shouldn't take very much in terms of time or money. Whatever sales they get from it should more than offset that. And so, it's all a mystery.

Nothing wrong with that. My opinion isn't automatically the right answer to all things (only some of the time ;P), so I'll just be glad you enjoyed it. =)
I'll still chew through it eventually, since that's kinda my thing. Maybe the summer sale will have Montague's Mount, so I can have the third title you mentioned.
Maybe, but worth it if even a few people get a game they like. Not that it is that likely, they are mostly left over keys from bundles that I bought people as gifts and left me with the unwanted spare keys.

I am tempted to think it is the devs/publisher as well. It would not make sense for GOG to have the gift game and then turn down the second, especially as they are both well regarded. But as I said, it makes me wonder why they publishers do it. GOG is apparently the second biggest online store, so why lose out on those sales. Unless they expect most people to just go to Steam or Humble, that way they only have to maintain those version and not GOG versions as well.

The game does get more strange as it goes on, so you are not just wandering around in the desert. I was quite mixed on Montague's Mount. I liked the atmosphere of the game, and it started nice, but after a while the story just did not make sense (I won't go into it as I don't want to spoil things). I also did not like that the developer mentions it is based on a true story, which turns out to be a lie for the most part. Which I thought was a little underhanded.

Well I had better try to get some sleep, I did not realise how late it was getting, probably due to me falling asleep this afternoon after work. Take care, lovely Mr Crow. It has been nice talking and I hope you have a nice rest of the day. Take care.

*big sleepy wave*
zeogold: Nah, Canada has beavers and geese. The bald eagles are totally all ours.
And if not, they'll probably be hunted to semi-extinction to the point that they are.
ddickinson: So soon the US will have hunted their own symbolic animal to the extend that only Canada will be a safe haven for them? That sounds about right. :-)
I was talking about bald eagles, not Donald Trump.
ddickinson: Maybe, but worth it if even a few people get a game they like. Not that it is that likely, they are mostly left over keys from bundles that I bought people as gifts and left me with the unwanted spare keys.

I am tempted to think it is the devs/publisher as well. It would not make sense for GOG to have the gift game and then turn down the second, especially as they are both well regarded. But as I said, it makes me wonder why they publishers do it. GOG is apparently the second biggest online store, so why lose out on those sales. Unless they expect most people to just go to Steam or Humble, that way they only have to maintain those version and not GOG versions as well.

The game does get more strange as it goes on, so you are not just wandering around in the desert. I was quite mixed on Montague's Mount. I liked the atmosphere of the game, and it started nice, but after a while the story just did not make sense (I won't go into it as I don't want to spoil things). I also did not like that the developer mentions it is based on a true story, which turns out to be a lie for the most part. Which I thought was a little underhanded.

Well I had better try to get some sleep, I did not realise how late it was getting, probably due to me falling asleep this afternoon after work. Take care, lovely Mr Crow. It has been nice talking and I hope you have a nice rest of the day. Take care.

*big sleepy wave*
Yes, it was good talking with you, D. We can continue our conversation another time, I won't keep you waiting for my longwindedness when you want to go to bed.

Have a good night, sleep well, and I hope you're feeling better after you rest. =)
So now that it's been a while, for those that have played it, is Stardew Valley worth $15? I'm getting more and more interested in it BUT I wouldn't mind throwing that money towards something else instead either.
NoNewTaleToTell: So now that it's been a while, for those that have played it, is Stardew Valley worth $15? I'm getting more and more interested in it BUT I wouldn't mind throwing that money towards something else instead either.
Good evening. =)

Here's what I've heard about it -

It's basically Harvest Moon for the Super Nintendo.
You have a farm, you do farm-type stuff, talk with people, stuff like that.
It's very relaxing, but it could also end up becoming monotonous if you want more than doing the aforementioned farm stuff most of the time.
Hi everyone. Took refuge here to recover from all the blood on the front page. Really, GOG, is that strictly necessary? Not to mention flapping wings that make the page hang. <bookmarks the game page instead>

Hope you are all having a good blood-free day or night.

Hi super, I saw that you replied to my post, but when I tried to reply to yours, the page hung again, and now I've lost it. :-(
Anyway, thanks for the cake, but I grabbed a bowl of soup from your stand instead. Hope you get some good sleep and that the heatwave in Asia has gone by the time your holiday rolls around..

CarrionCrow: It's basically Harvest Moon for the Super Nintendo.
You have a farm, you do farm-type stuff, talk with people, stuff like that.
It's very relaxing, but it could also end up becoming monotonous if you want more than doing the aforementioned farm stuff most of the time.
Hi Crow, I think that's probably an accurate description of Stardew Valley.

Personally I love the game, have played it a lot since it was gifted to me by a kind friend (take a bow.) I love farming and wandering around and not fighting with anyone, suits me just fine.

Oh, and it doesn't have any blood in it. <cheering>

<goes around adding +1's to Crow's posts, fwiw>. About time that Support got rid of this downrepping rubbish, I don't care if they are shortstaffed. <growls>

And a big wave and hello to DD, at least we are on the same page today, even though you're gone. <smiling> Hope you keep on improving and feeling better..
Post edited May 13, 2016 by ZenWan
ZenWan: Hi Crow, I think that's probably an accurate description of Stardew Valley.

Personally I love the game, have played it a lot since it was gifted to me by a kind friend (take a bow.) I love farming and wandering around and not fighting with anyone, suits me just fine.

Oh, and it doesn't have any blood in it. <cheering>

<goes around adding +1's to Crow's posts, fwiw. About time that Support got rid of this downrepping rubbish, I don't care if they are shortstaffed. <growls>

And a big wave and hello to DD, at least we are on the same page today, even though you're gone. <smiling> Hope you keep on improving and feeling better..
Hey there, Zen lady. =)

Those kinds of games tend to bore me a bit. Less chance of them trying to drive me insane. -laughs-
But, I am very happy that you're enjoying it.

That's very thoughtful of you to do, thank you. You don't need to worry about it, though.
I said this before, but I don't mind repeating it - the whole thing is a mixture of sad, lame and pathetic.
They ultimately aren't worth anyone's time or effort.
Post edited May 13, 2016 by CarrionCrow
Good morning, people of the thread!

*Friday hugs*
Yezemin: Good morning, people of the thread!

*Friday hugs*
Good morning. =)

-passes over a cup of strong tea- How are you doing today?
CarrionCrow: Good morning. =)

-passes over a cup of strong tea- How are you doing today?
*thankfully takes tea* I'm doing fine. How about you?
Yezemin: *thankfully takes tea* I'm doing fine. How about you?
Can't complain here. Having a bite to eat while watching a lady by the name of Obscurus Lupa eviscerate some truly horrible television.
I'm disappointed. Where is Doom as a Day 1 release? :P

Good morning everyone *big hugs and waves* :)
ElTerprise: I'm disappointed. Where is Doom as a Day 1 release? :P

Good morning everyone *big hugs and waves* :)
It's hidden behind that giant wall Trump is working on.