It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

It’s time to take a closer look at Control Ultimate Edition, the hit title from Remedy Entertainment! In this game, you take control of Jesse Faden as she uses her telekinetic powers to save the world from Hiss, a hostile paranatural force of resonance.

Did you know?
· The game’s twisted story is the work of Sami Antero Järvi, aka Sam Lake. This Finnish-born author also created the stories of games like Alan Wake and lent his appearance to the titular character in the first game of the Max Payne series.
· The development of the game took three years and cost $30 million. Both numbers are relatively small compared to other AAA titles, a testament to Remedy’s skill and experience in this area.
· Courtney Hope, the actress who lent her appearance to Jesse Faden and voiced her, enjoys quite a career on the small screen. So far she has played in popular TV series like Grey’s Anatomy, CSI: Miami, and The Young and the Restless.

The Soundtrack
The dark and menacing score of Control was composed by two seasoned artists – Petri Alanko (Quantum Break) and Martin Stig Andersen (games like the grim Limbo and puzzling Inside). Some of their creative processes can be seen below.

Also, a stream of Control Ultimate Edition is set for May 2nd, 2021, at 6PM UTC, and will be performed by our good friend DarkSaber2k.
Have the bugs been ironed out or is the big discount so early after release a sign of the game being abandoned? Sorry for being a tad cynical and distrusting.
Themken: Have the bugs been ironed out or is the big discount so early after release a sign of the game being abandoned? Sorry for being a tad cynical and distrusting.
I played through from start to finish, it had a few annoyances here and there, and there was one part I couldn't complete due to a bug (forget which now as it was quite a while ago), but it was ok, nothing major. Found it dragged towards the end, and was a bit boring in places.
nightcraw1er.488: it was ok, nothing major. Found it dragged towards the end, and was a bit boring in places.
Alright, good to know, thank you. I watched some videos and it did not look like something I would enjoy even if I could afford to put close to three thousand on an RTX 3090 to at least see the visuals that the game is praised for.
Post edited April 30, 2021 by Themken
The only problem I came across was the crash during the anchor boss fight, which seems to be a common issue. Had to crank down the graphics settings for that part. The hypothesis is that the boss is spewing so many items it's causing the game to wig out.
Post edited April 30, 2021 by Mr.Mumbles
There's one significant bug as far as I know, which is a likelihood of crashing during an optional boss fight (the anchor in the 'clocks' area).

I'd say the game drags more at the beginning, when you're the glassiest of glass cannons and there's not much you can do while the service weapon reloads so you spend a lot of time lurking behind cover. In the late game you have more power and can effectively alternate between shooting and telekinesis.

The game is still somewhat let down by the way it injects RPG-isms (semi-random spawns, rewards distinguished by minute statistical differences that you have to sort through after every battle due to inventory limitations) into a shooter. But it has Threshold Kids and the Ashtray Maze and... Basically, it clicks if you can get into the whole weird atmosphere of the Oldest House.
Themken: Have the bugs been ironed out or is the big discount so early after release a sign of the game being abandoned? Sorry for being a tad cynical and distrusting.
I completed the game and didn't really find many bugs, apart from the infamous anchor boss crash (I think I was able to avoid it by simply turning off sound, but that doesn't work for eveyone...) The rest of the game is quite solid, so support your fellow countymen devs and get the game ;)
Lone_Scout: fellow countymen
Not really as I am an immigrant.
Am I the only one who think she looks like Cobie Smulder?
GOG.com: Remedy
I know freeware isn't a priority at all but Death Rally showing up here would be nice. (of course the Max Paynes would be even nicer)
Post edited May 01, 2021 by tfishell
RedRagan: Am I the only one who think she looks like Cobie Smulder?
She looks eerily similar to Courtney Hope. The similarity is uncanny.

I'm wondering why...
Post edited May 01, 2021 by 4-vektor
I would love to see the accounting of how it's possible to spend that much money developing a game. $30 million may be small for a AAA title, but it's still an astronomical amount of money for three years' worth of time, especially when the engine was free (since it was one they had already developed).
RedRagan: Am I the only one who think she looks like Cobie Smulder?
4-vektor: She looks eerily similar to Courtney Hope. The similarity is uncanny.

I'm wondering why...
Yeah I know, but the artwork of the game's main page made it look like Cobie. They need to remake that artwork.
Don't get me wrong, Control is one of my most favorite games in recent years. Its amazing, especially the later part (and I love the late 60s/early 70s esthetics.

But where is the 1996 Death Rally game :)?
Dray2k: Don't get me wrong, Control is one of my most favorite games in recent years. Its amazing, especially the later part (and I love the late 60s/early 70s esthetics.

But where is the 1996 Death Rally game :)?
Ah I remember that on my good old 486DX2-66 :)

And what do you know, I was about to link you the remake (somewhat not so good remake imho) some years ago, but all of the sudden I find THIS: https://store.steampowered.com/app/358270/Death_Rally_Classic/
For free! :)
Post edited May 02, 2021 by Scifikomori