It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Got your own song for a beatin’ to the beat? Feel the rhythm, get free games!

The musically inclined Crypt of the Necrodancer is here, ready for you to get groovin’ to beat the baddies better with your awesome dance skills.

We want to make the DRM-free arrival even more special, and that's why we need your help with creating our unique GOG.com Crypt of the NecroDancer playlist! Pick a tune that would rock some skeleton-socks off and submit it in this thread - later on, we'll take a community vote on the Top 10 awesomest tracks and reward the winners.

1. Pick a song you think would do well as the background for an in-game boss fight. If you're the musical type, it can even be your own song!
2. Post a comment with a link to the song and up to 50 words explaining why it’s the one before the deadline.
3. Win GOG.com game codes!

Bonus challenge: got the game already? Record yourself playing with the song of your choosing to prove that it’s possible. It won't guarantee a win, but we'll throw in an extra bonus code if you make the Top 10!

You have 48 hours - that is until Saturday, August 15th, 1pm GMT to post your entries. We aim to pick winners from across the English, French, German, and Russian forums before the end of next week.

Get jiggy with it!
Breja: it mentiones a challenge for people who already bought it
..as a bonus one with bonus / other reward.

For me it was crystal clear that CotND is the main prize here. Now it seems I was completely wrong... :/
Still I don't know what's the point of creating the contest (and not requiring to have a game to take part in) without giving out the games as (one of) prizes.. :(
Lexor: For me it was crystal clear that CotND is the main prize here. Now it seems I was completely wrong... :/
Still I don't know what's the point of creating the contest (and not requiring to have a game to take part in) without giving out the games as (one of) prizes.. :(
Well, in the Serpent in the Staglands related contest that game was not the prize either, but codes for 9.99$ games, so it's not that odd, or at least not unprecedented.
Breja: it mentiones a challenge for people who already bought it
Lexor: ..as a bonus one with bonus / other reward.

For me it was crystal clear that CotND is the main prize here. Now it seems I was completely wrong... :/
Can we get a Blue to clarify this? Is it really true that Necrodancer will not be the prize?
Lexor: ..as a bonus one with bonus / other reward.

IronArcturus: Can we get a Blue to clarify this? Is it really true that Necrodancer will not be the prize?
No need for clarifications, it's written in plain English:
"Win GOG.com game codes! "
I even verfified the French thread:
"Remportez des codes de jeu GOG.com ! "

So it's the usual 9.99$ gift codes and if you already have Necrodancer and videorecord yourself playing with a custom track and are in the top10, you win an extra code (thus 2 codes of 9.99$)
catpower1980: "Win GOG.com game codes! "
For me "game codes" means "a few codes for Crypt of the Necrodancer game".
catpower1980: "Win GOG.com game codes! "
Lexor: For me "game codes" means "a few codes for Crypt of the Necrodancer game".
Wouldn't that be "Win Crypt of the Necrodancer"?
Lexor: For me "game codes" means "a few codes for Crypt of the Necrodancer game".
Breja: Wouldn't that be "Win Crypt of the Necrodancer"?
...and why should that be "win gift codes for other games" if the contest is about specific game?
Even if somebody wins such $9.99 code he/she would not be able to get Crypt of the Necrodancer for this code as the game costs more - and the contest is about "to make the DRM-free arrival (of Crypt of the Necrodancer) even more special", am I right?
Post edited August 19, 2015 by Lexor
Breja: Wouldn't that be "Win Crypt of the Necrodancer"?
Lexor: ...and why should that be "win gift codes for other games" if the contest is about specific game?
Even if somebody wins such $9.99 code he/she would not be able to get Crypt of the Necrodancer for this code as the game costs more - and the contest is about "to make the DRM-free arrival (of Crypt of the Necrodancer) even more special", am I right?
No. No, you're not. You're grasping at straws.
Breja: No. No, you're not. You're grasping at straws.
It just would be weird for me to create contest to promote one game and let the winners grab something different.
Its like a contest to promote Porshe trademark with Volvo car as reward.
Guys, just to clarify - the prizes in the contest are $9.99 GOG.com game codes that let you redeem a game with the base price of up to that amount. If you were planning on grabbing Crypt of the Necrodancer - go right ahead and make use of the promo while it lasts! :)

Meanwhile, I'm getting back to arguing with my colleagues over which songs should make the top 10. We aim to create a vote-able list by Friday so that we can pick the ultimate winners over the weekend!
Ciris: Guys, just to clarify - the prizes in the contest are $9.99 GOG.com game codes that let you redeem a game with the base price of up to that amount. If you were planning on grabbing Crypt of the Necrodancer - go right ahead and make use of the promo while it lasts! :)
Thank you very much for clarification - it was really needed here.
We've short-listed the Top 10! Here they are (and remember to scroll down to cast your votes):

Pop-Up by ZOE.LEELA
"Imagine yourself fighting a boss while your body can't resist the need to GROOVE.
Catchy, fun, easy to loop, 8-bit style base... this song has it all. And it's FREE!"

Seven Nation Army by The White Stripes
"Generally a great song, but also reasonably simple so should be good to play along to. It's driving and ominous enough to be the backing to a boss fight too, and the lyrics/title are also a fit for a battle"

Cotton-Eyed Joe by Rednex
"I'm afraid I'm too slow to play this game, but when I watched my friend fighting the boss to this.
I decided to get the game and try it. That was too funny."

Lazare by Percival (TW3 combat music)
"Well, it's my fav TW3 piece, but I imagine it'd make a difficult final level for Crypt.
I don NOT own the game, plus OBS is a bleeding botch, so no vid for ya :("

Year Zero by Ghost B.C.
"Follow me through on this one.
You open the door to the boss room and it's pitch dark. As you open it, this starts playing.
The boss is none other than the demon with the golden fiddle. The Devil himself. "

Zelda Meets Metal by 331Erock
"Starts out as the Hyrule Field theme and then goes onto some Iron Maiden-esque stuff. It's driving, dramatic, and nostalgic-inducing."

Acid Wolfpack by Coyote Kisses
"Hunted by wolves, fleeing to the coast seemed a good idea at first, but Coral Riff awaits you there, tempting you into surrendering to its funky lead!"

Trance Macabre by Camille Saint-Saëns
“Since flamenco is a very good music that demystifies death and macabre. This is a remix in techno music for video games. With repetitive and haunting bits, its brings the dead back to life.”

D is for Dangerous by The Arctic Monkeys
“First because the songs dynamic is fantastic, but mainly because its deadly rythmic has a insane groove (thanks to the bass). The energy of this song would fit perfectly a boss fight.
You're his favourite worst nightmare...”

Black Out End of World by Billx
“Techno / hardtek + epicness + insaneness = This music ;)
The choirs and the melody (and the samples) give an epic tone to the musique.
The poor skeleton that will try to dance on this will end up in Knucklebones.”

Make sure to give them all a good long listen - and remember, you can vote on your favorites here until 10am GMT on Monday.
Post edited August 21, 2015 by Ciris
Voted.

(Also bumping thread up. Only 22 votes so far?)
Unfortunately I didn't make it to the top 10 : / But I'm deffinitely gonna vote for cotton eye joe - the person that posted this was ingenious O.O
Post edited August 23, 2015 by kaczormaxx
The Cotton Eye Joe song was pretty funny, but the Zelda Meets Metal song would be perfect for a boss battle! 'Voted!