It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Got your own song for a beatin’ to the beat? Feel the rhythm, get free games!

The musically inclined Crypt of the Necrodancer is here, ready for you to get groovin’ to beat the baddies better with your awesome dance skills.

We want to make the DRM-free arrival even more special, and that's why we need your help with creating our unique GOG.com Crypt of the NecroDancer playlist! Pick a tune that would rock some skeleton-socks off and submit it in this thread - later on, we'll take a community vote on the Top 10 awesomest tracks and reward the winners.

1. Pick a song you think would do well as the background for an in-game boss fight. If you're the musical type, it can even be your own song!
2. Post a comment with a link to the song and up to 50 words explaining why it’s the one before the deadline.
3. Win GOG.com game codes!

Bonus challenge: got the game already? Record yourself playing with the song of your choosing to prove that it’s possible. It won't guarantee a win, but we'll throw in an extra bonus code if you make the Top 10!

You have 48 hours - that is until Saturday, August 15th, 1pm GMT to post your entries. We aim to pick winners from across the English, French, German, and Russian forums before the end of next week.

Get jiggy with it!
Dead Stars by Covenant: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPnWOem7jok

build up at the beginning, then, the beats kicks in and hell breaks lose.

Some parts of the lyrics fit: Dead stars, still burn (Either dead hero or the boss)

the melody make the hero badass (or the boss more frightening)

The synthesizer sound fits the artstyle of the game.
Post edited August 15, 2015 by Moonsorrow.331
I just love this song, it's perfect for everything:

True Survivor - David Hasselhoff

youtube.com/watch?v=ZTidn2dBYbY
Gang of Rhythm - Walk off the Earth
We're all in the gang of rhythm of life, or unlife.

Does the punctuation at the end count as 51 chars? Oh well :P
Post edited August 15, 2015 by Aro
Heart of Witch - ReX
youtu.be/5vhIi7FiWgw

Popular song of DJmax series, goes before a very nice boss. But it's not dance music..;;
DJmax series in the same position as the really cool song. but it was very difficult to music.
But i don't have ever defeat.. :( I have been satisfied with just listening to it only.
Sorry for my bad english
Post edited August 15, 2015 by asaw2
For me only one comes to mind:

Monster Mash by Bobby Pickett
Epic is the best way to go
With that in mind
Thomas Bergersen - Cry
Ummmm guys, I think the deadline was yesterday.
BillyMaysFan59: Ummmm guys, I think the deadline was yesterday.
So when would they announce the winners?
BillyMaysFan59: Ummmm guys, I think the deadline was yesterday.
klutch_13: So when would they announce the winners?
Quite frankly your guess is as good as mine. :p
So when is the community vote taking place?
BillyMaysFan59: So when is the community vote taking place?
Yeah, I wonder if they are going to announce the winners before the Necrodancer promo ends.
GOG.com: we'll take a community vote on the Top 10 awesomest tracks and reward the winners
Where is this voting topic? I can't find it.
They seem to somehow say it in the OP:

"[...] later on, we'll take a community vote on the Top 10 awesomest tracks and reward the winners."

And:

"We aim to pick winners from across the English, French, German, and Russian forums before the end of next week."

They'll likely pick those 10 tracks they like the most sometime this week, then let the community vote on them for a 1-10 ranking afterwards?
Post edited August 17, 2015 by chevkoch
chevkoch: They'll likely pick those 10 tracks they like the most sometime this week, then let the community vote on them for a 1-10 ranking afterwards?
As I understood the plan was:
- first - gather entries with song names ("until Saturday, August 15th, 1pm GMT")
- after that time (on Sunday?) post topic to start voting on "best songs"
- finally, close voting "before the end of next of week" and announce winners.. (<- before end of game sale)

But it seems that it is not...

That was my logical thinking as Crypt of the Necrodancer is currently on promo / sale, so some people could wait with the game purchase to see if they win first, and then (if not) they will get the game still on sale price... It seems that with no voting topic so far such plan of purchase will not work... :/
Post edited August 18, 2015 by Lexor
Lexor: That was my logical thinking as Crypt of the Necrodancer is currently on promo / sale, so some people could wait with the game purchase to see if they win first, and then (if not) they will get the game still on sale price... It seems that with no voting topic so far such plan of purchase will not work... :/
I don't think that Crypt of the Necrodance is a prize in this contest. Would not make much sense seeing how it mentiones a challenge for people who already bought it. I assumed the "codes" are for standard 5.99$ or 9.99$ games of your choice.
Post edited August 18, 2015 by Breja