It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Radiance1979: still if your not bothered in any way with providing a new system to go with the 3090 not to mention the operating costs that might be your best bet
DreamedArtist: I do have a 1000watt PSU and 3950x, I won't have to deal with upgrading. just replacing the card at this point is the only factor. And tbh I might just have to dip to a 3090, same price as a 2080ti here in Canada.

I know I will get crap for my 2080ti so I'm gonna donate it to my sister so she can experience maxed out performance at 10080p :) she still uses a 670 and I know that has a hard time making things look good for modern AAA games. At least now she can play cyberpunk 2077 1080p maxed out! I'm sure she will be very happy.
That seems to be more then okeish, there was also a test regarding how a 3080 performs with a 10900k and a 7700k. the 3080 on the 7700k still outperformed the 2080ti by about 20% ( not sure if this is a 2080Ti on a 9900k or another form ) and the 39xx's on amd's side are granted lower latency so....

and you can be the amazing big bro which can lead to a lifetime of good thoughs from your little sis ;)
The new generation of RTX cards are seriously overhyped on twitch. I'm happy with my factory overclocked 5700xt right now, basically runs any modern game I own beyond 60fps and older ones at 144fps while watching streams on seperate monitors. It was cheap as well, got mine for about 300 dollars.

Not gonna like, nvidia did hire the best of the best when they hype machine began making doing its thing. Even I thought that AMD was done because they couldn't possibly compete with these new cards which are not only this resonably priced compared to the previous generation but also perform a while lot better.
paladin181: The 20 series wasn't a great improvement performance wise, but was a prototype with new technology that hadn't even been optimized yet. I agree they shouldn't have released it, but not because it wasn't an improvement, but rather because it's bleeding edge technology. It was advanced but not complete. Essentially it was the Windows Vista of GPU series, and hopefully the 30 series lives up to the expectations. I think it was shifty for them to charge so much for what was essentially an experimental proof of concept though. Those who bought 20 series cards must have been desperate for something new.
To be fair the 2000 series does DLSS really well, and the consoles will be using limited ray tracing in selective ways, which the 2000 series will be better at than the current "throw everything at it" ray tracing games like Control are doing. Not saying the 2000 series wasn't a poor showing, it was, but I don't think those features are useless on them. Their real issue was the lack of performance increase, as you say.
Dray2k: The new generation of RTX cards are seriously overhyped on twitch. I'm happy with my factory overclocked 5700xt right now, basically runs any modern game I own beyond 60fps and older ones at 144fps while watching streams on seperate monitors. It was cheap as well, got mine for about 300 dollars.

Not gonna like, nvidia did hire the best of the best when they hype machine began making doing its thing. Even I thought that AMD was done because they couldn't possibly compete with these new cards which are not only this resonably priced compared to the previous generation but also perform a while lot better.
yea, hype wars all around, still for anyone still with a 10 series the corresponding numbers in the 30 line all deliver a massive performance boost
Post edited September 17, 2020 by Radiance1979
Dray2k: I'm happy with my factory overclocked 5700xt right now, basically runs any modern game I own beyond 60fps and older ones at 144fps while ...
I can say the same of my GTX970.
StingingVelvet: To be fair the 2000 series does DLSS really well, and the consoles will be using limited ray tracing in selective ways, which the 2000 series will be better at than the current "throw everything at it" ray tracing games like Control are doing. Not saying the 2000 series wasn't a poor showing, it was, but I don't think those features are useless on them. Their real issue was the lack of performance increase, as you say.
Exactly. It was an introduction of a new way of doing things. It did things well, but the technology wasn't developed enough to be a significant improvement over the current technology. It will likely be a better way to accomplish things, but as of the 20 series, it is merely a different way of accomplishing them. They showed Ray tracing (which has been around for a while now in industrial markets) could be made to work on a consumer level. All in all, a successful proof of concept. But not enough that they should have charged the exorbitant prices for them. I'm getting my new machine next week (at least, I'll be ordering the components) and I think a RTX3070 is far more than acceptable and much more reasonably priced than the RTX 2080.
Radiance1979: and you can be the amazing big bro which can lead to a lifetime of good thoughs from your little sis ;)
LMAO been like that for a long time. XD with the way pc prices has been going up I don't think that can be for long :(
Dray2k: I'm happy with my factory overclocked 5700xt right now, basically runs any modern game I own beyond 60fps and older ones at 144fps while ...
teceem: I can say the same of my GTX970.
970 was a BEAST when it came out. I remember my ZOTAC Extreme Amp! edition of that thing. MONSTER!
Post edited September 17, 2020 by DreamedArtist
The cards sold out instantly even out here in the middle of nowhere, next batch is supposed to arrive October 22nd. Nvidia marketing team doing their black magic again and people buy blindly atleast most of them.

Edit: now it's over 50 days, oh well since my gaming PC broke a week ago, i can play on my sweet Vega 8 laptop in the meantime for those 100+ fps max settings.
Post edited September 18, 2020 by ChrisGamer300
ChrisGamer300: The cards sold out instantly even out here in the middle of nowhere, next batch is supposed to arrive October 22nd. Nvidia marketing team doing their black magic again and people buy blindly atleast most of them.
If I get a 3070... not sure I will yet... it would be nice to get it before Cyberpunk comes out. I have a feeling I won't be able to though.
ChrisGamer300: The cards sold out instantly even out here in the middle of nowhere, next batch is supposed to arrive October 22nd. Nvidia marketing team doing their black magic again and people buy blindly atleast most of them.
StingingVelvet: If I get a 3070... not sure I will yet... it would be nice to get it before Cyberpunk comes out. I have a feeling I won't be able to though.
Try to buy one but this is a paper lauch if i ever saw one, i also want a card but i'm in no rush and i'm also interested to see how Navi 2X will turn out regardless i definately need a Zen 3 cpu to accompany my gpu.
Post edited September 18, 2020 by ChrisGamer300
StingingVelvet: If I get a 3070... not sure I will yet... it would be nice to get it before Cyberpunk comes out. I have a feeling I won't be able to though.
I'd consider it an expensive upgrade just for one game (or even a few). I still haven't upgraded for playing The Witcher 3 because my GTX970 is plenty fine for most other games in my backlog(<-!!).
Yeah, I'm looking at replacing my 2070 Super with a 3070 as well, I think I should be able to swing it, as the GPU would be the only thing I would need to swap out of my current rig.
DreamedArtist: I just seen someone show off Witcher 3 maxed out on 4k and it seems the 3080 ONLY gets like 10 to 15 extra fames compared to a 2080ti card on that game, very odd.
Maybe they were testing on a weak CPU.
techpowerup

Edit: or HairWorks was enabled.
Post edited September 18, 2020 by ariaspi
teceem: I'd consider it an expensive upgrade just for one game (or even a few). I still haven't upgraded for playing The Witcher 3 because my GTX970 is plenty fine for most other games in my backlog(<-!!).
It wouldn't be for one game, I play lots of stuff and love high refresh. It would just be nice to have it before Cyberpunk so I can play it better the first time.
DreamedArtist: I just seen someone show off Witcher 3 maxed out on 4k and it seems the 3080 ONLY gets like 10 to 15 extra fames compared to a 2080ti card on that game, very odd.
ariaspi: Maybe they were testing on a weak CPU.
techpowerup

Edit: or HairWorks was enabled.
all enabled on a 10900k which is nuts. and that is no slouch on 4k, actually does better then a 3950 by a few frame like 3 or 4 at 4k.

Wait, how is there fps way higher on those charts? 2080 ti I have from asus strix with my 3950x cant even hit those. I bet there Nvidia drivers are not even set to max quality and are at default. I cant seem to find that video, damn well ill wait for more benchmarks to hopefully show it.
Post edited September 18, 2020 by DreamedArtist