It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A classic first-person shooter from Ubisoft will be back in 2020, looking great as never before. The story of the secret agent with amnesia who is trying to save the world closely resembles James Bond and Bourne film series in terms of story and action sequences.

Polish gamers surely remember the original comic book XIII on which the game is based. Its plot was devised by Jean Van Hamme, the same writer that gave us Thorgal drawn by Grzegorz Rosiński. XIII – Remake pays homage to the comic book story, full of action, adventure, and plot twists.
Great news. It would've been weird to have the original resurface and then not get the remake.
Thirty-four single-person campaign missions? Does this mean no cliffhanger ending?
Weird. Not long ago XIII reappeared here on GoG and now there is a remake announced? Hm...
Well, at least we don`t have to buy the remake to get the original. Or will the original be pulled from store when the remake is released?
And what is the purpose of this remake? I mean, the original still looks good, even nowadays. The screenshots from the remake don`t look too different, so I can really not see any real enhancement.
But maybe they worked more on the gameplay than on the graphics.
Maxvorstadt: Weird. Not long ago XIII reappeared here on GoG and now there is a remake announced?
The news about the remake happened a time ago. To the point that it should've been released by now, but they delayed it into next year.

I'm just glad it's coming to GOG at all. I figured it was a semi-sure thing, given Microids/Anuman being involved with the publishing end but it's nice to see an announcement confirming it.
Always good to know when a game is coming to GOG further out from release. Wishlisted.
Crisco1492: Thirty-four single-person campaign missions? Does this mean no cliffhanger ending?
God, I hope so, that would be great.
I wonder if there will be a discount for owners of the original ...
MarkoH01: I wonder if there will be a discount for owners of the original ...
Since it is the same publisher there could be a slight chance of a discount happening. But don't hold your breath. I am thankful for them bringing the original back when it looked like it would stay in legal hell forever ;). Cheers
Post edited November 13, 2019 by deja65
Great news to see this coming here, and with a nice amount of early notice so I know to wait for the delicious GOG version.
low rated
Methinks the Beamdog is strong in this one!

(Thats a slap a widescreen mod on it, then release it for 4* the price, therefore, if you don't own it get it now).
Is this being published by Ubisoft? is this sign of more Ubi games coming to GOG?
Maxvorstadt: Or will the original be pulled from store when the remake is released?
This is my fear as well.
Is there any information on whether they plan to replace the classic version with the remake like they did with Simon the Sorcerer?

On the other hand it wouldn't make much sense to re-release the classic version just to pull it again a few months later.
I'll wait to see how this shapes up. It would surely be good having some closure, but as of late (well, late 2000s, actually) Ubisoft hasn't really been the most trustworthy publisher around, so I won't go in blind to possibly avoid nasty surprises.
Yes Yes