It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A classic first-person shooter from Ubisoft will be back in 2020, looking great as never before. The story of the secret agent with amnesia who is trying to save the world closely resembles James Bond and Bourne film series in terms of story and action sequences.

Polish gamers surely remember the original comic book XIII on which the game is based. Its plot was devised by Jean Van Hamme, the same writer that gave us Thorgal drawn by Grzegorz Rosiński. XIII – Remake pays homage to the comic book story, full of action, adventure, and plot twists.
low rated
fr33kSh0w2012: Hoo Boy this game was a DOOZY Checkpoints made me rage!
Hey, stop stealing my schtick! ;D

Also hopefully the remake will have none of that mess.
fr33kSh0w2012: Hoo Boy this game was a DOOZY Checkpoints made me rage!
GameRager: Hey, stop stealing my schtick! ;D

Also hopefully the remake will have none of that mess.
That game literally gave me a haemorrhoid.
low rated
fr33kSh0w2012: That game literally gave me a haemorrhoid.
During the snowy base area with alarms I tried for stealth 100% and kept getting alarms so much I was ready to pull out my hair.
Ah, Microids is publishing it, though Ubisoft still had this game and was really shocked to see it on the "Coming Soon" list.
Waldschatten: Ah, Microids is publishing it, ....
Already abandoning all hope for good support. They never fixed Syberia 3 and they never fixed the wrong aspect ratio in Flashback ... :(
i_hope_you_rot: It will run on the Unity engine .
Then there are even less excuses not to provide a Linux and Mac OS version.
November is half over.. remake is coming soon ^_^
I wonder how this remake will go. Will they try for a stylized comic book look, like the original? Or is this a misguided "let's crank up the realism because we can" remake? This can be great, and it can just as easily be awful.
low rated
RawSteelUT: I wonder how this remake will go. Will they try for a stylized comic book look, like the original? Or is this a misguided "let's crank up the realism because we can" remake? This can be great, and it can just as easily be awful.
Isn't there a trailer or such out already? I think there is.
Waldschatten: Ah, Microids is publishing it, though Ubisoft still had this game and was really shocked to see it on the "Coming Soon" list.
Ubisoft lost the licencing rights in 2015, when the original release was removed from sale on GOG.
XIII (2019 Re-release)
Developer: Ubisoft Paris Studios - Publisher: Microids
XIII -Remake
Developer: PlayMagic - Publisher: Microids

eiii: It's nice to see the remake of XIII coming to GOG. But will the original version of the game still stay available separately for purchase?
Well, possibly, as Microids now publish both.
However, that's also the only reason the original was again released on GOG.
The Microids re-release was only two months ago on 23rd Sept 2019, so a removal seems unlikely, or why bother for just 2 months.

This is a remake after all, not a remaster, and remakes, don't usually result in the removal of originals.
Post edited November 15, 2019 by UhuruNUru
Pardon the gravedigging, but...

Somewhat quietly, the original release made its way back to Steam as well. But on top of that, the remake page got some updates and a pre-order (who doesn't love those?, asked no one with any serious intonation).

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1154790/XIII/

What seems to be a weird trend, the remake has gold weapon skins.

But the updated screens show changes in the environment lighting that look nice, if not oddly jarring against the cel-shaded remainder.

No updates to the GOG store page, yet at least.