It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A classic first-person shooter from Ubisoft will be back in 2020, looking great as never before. The story of the secret agent with amnesia who is trying to save the world closely resembles James Bond and Bourne film series in terms of story and action sequences.

Polish gamers surely remember the original comic book XIII on which the game is based. Its plot was devised by Jean Van Hamme, the same writer that gave us Thorgal drawn by Grzegorz Rosiński. XIII – Remake pays homage to the comic book story, full of action, adventure, and plot twists.
kud13: Is this being published by Ubisoft? is this sign of more Ubi games coming to GOG?
I do not think so,developer PlayMagic and publisher Microids.
Do I have to play the previous XII games to understand this one?
Wow, didn't expected the remake here.
It's nice to see the remake of XIII coming to GOG. But will the original version of the game still stay available separately for purchase?

I do not see Linux and Mac OS support announced for the remake of XIII on the game card. And the Windows version probably will require DX11. The original game at least runs on Wine, so for Linux and Mac users it probably still will be the better choice.
It will run on the Unity engine .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeRbGlYsAiA
Nice, was planning on getting it only if it released on GOG and the price is right, I hope there will be a better ending and maybe a sequel after that.
Post edited November 13, 2019 by armitom
armitom: ...and maybe a sequel after that.
Apparently, if the remake is a success, they hope to continue the series. How valid a claim that is, I can't vouch for however.
low rated
GOG.com: A classic first-person shooter from Ubisoft will be back in 2020, looking great as never before. The story of the secret agent with amnesia who is trying to save the world closely resembles James Bond and Bourne film series in terms of story and action sequences.
Question.....will people without the current version be locked inot having to buy the new remake to get the old one/not allowed to buy the classic version once the new one drops like with other games(Blood, and iirc the Fallout classic games, etc)?

Because I don't think some would like that.

=====================

Admiral_Tolwyn: On the other hand it wouldn't make much sense to re-release the classic version just to pull it again a few months later.
They could pull a "Blood Remake" on us and lock the classic version as "free game" when you buy the new one....god I hope that doesn't happen.

(I have it, so i'm safe, but others don't)

====================

jwadden: Do I have to play the previous XII games to understand this one?
There is only the one game, and this new one is a remake of it...so no....well you could play it if you're a completionist and want to see the old one first, but it is not needed.
Post edited November 13, 2019 by GameRager
Will the remake have manual saves?
IronArcturus: Will the remake have manual saves?
I hope so...none of that checkpoints BS.
yeah the whole original's save system is really frustrating.
I saved at a point around halfway through a mission, just after the checkpoint save had happened...
For some reason when I quit and later loaded the save, I was back at the start of the whole mission.
Super irritating, since it's not a game you can just blast through easily...
At least the remake should have proper F5 quicksave system and proper upgraded graphics.
Totally not into some widescreen mod and a few cutscene extras :D
Hmm, the screenshots do not look that great so far...
...really, you can play the original with DgVoodoo in good quality, with tons of AA, in HighRes and with HighFrameRate and it´s a good expericence. Therefore, the remake should set the bar ways higher.
In general, I still believe the gaming-world still lacks a high budget (engine-) remake.
(but, good part: they are already a few months old, so maybe there´s been some progress)

Seriously, the screenshots are very unprofessional: No AF, no AA and only 1080p. That´s not the way a dev should do it.
low rated
superstande: At least the remake should have proper F5 quicksave system and proper upgraded graphics.
Totally not into some widescreen mod and a few cutscene extras :D
Or as some would call it, the beamdog route?

(Also Iirc you need to wait until a minute after it says checkpoint and also move a bit then save, to have it save properly)
Post edited November 14, 2019 by GameRager
Well looking forward to it and hope they actually make a proper remake and not a quick cash grab. Definitely gonna wait for a few reviews though to see if it is worth it
Hoo Boy this game was a DOOZY Checkpoints made me rage!