It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The (pixel) art of war!

Wargroove is coming soon DRM-free.

She might be a young queen on the run but Mercia is far from helpless! Together with her new allies she shall wage war and try to reclaim the kingdom of Cherrystone in a dynamic strategy game with fascinating turn-based encounters and distinct commanders, each with their own personality and Groove fighting moves. Create your own campaigns with the advanced in-game tools, try the Arcade and Puzzle modes, fight online battles, and feel the charm of Wargroove!
We regret to inform you that Wargroove will not be released on GOG.COM.

Together with the publisher, we launched the coming soon page back in February with the best intention of delivering Wargroove as soon as possible, especially knowing how many of you were eager to play it. Despite continuous efforts on both sides, releasing the game in a way that we believe would be satisfying to the entire GOG community, was not possible. This is why we mutually made a very difficult decision not to offer the game and we will be removing the coming soon page as a result.
Post edited September 13, 2019 by chandra
Huinehtar: Expeditions Conquistador Linux Gog releases (cancelled because it's "not worth the effort").
darktjm: Really? I hadn't heard this. For me, "porting" this to Linux involved downloading the correct Unity3D Linux driver. Unfortunately, this doesn't work for Viking.
I agree, I was referring to the Linux version missing here on Gog, while available on Steam.
If I remember correctly, the statement by the devs on Steam was about Gog not accepting Linux version at the time. But since, no addition, no answer from both Gog and Logic Artists.
It's not a good sing that so far we don't have even estimated release date. I really want to be wrong, but I'm starting to think that only thing we'll see at the beginning of July (or end of June) will be... change on game's site (on GOG) from Q2 on Q3.
In the meantime, I've picked it up on my month-old Switch. :) Sorry, GOG, but you're really taking too long on this one.
MartiusR: It's not a good sing that so far we don't have even estimated release date. I really want to be wrong, but I'm starting to think that only thing we'll see at the beginning of July (or end of June) will be... change on game's site (on GOG) from Q2 on Q3.
My guess that they will release during summer sale(next week) as suprise.
Gotta be honest, I've lost all interest in the game during these 3 1/2 months. :/
MartiusR: It's not a good sing that so far we don't have even estimated release date. I really want to be wrong, but I'm starting to think that only thing we'll see at the beginning of July (or end of June) will be... change on game's site (on GOG) from Q2 on Q3.
v1989: My guess that they will release during summer sale(next week) as suprise.
That would be great - even if it won't be this week, and just during Summer Sale at all.

I'm still confused with one thing - that dev has literally nothing to tell about it for so much time. They're even throwing rarely info about PS4 release (very vague, that it's taking more time than they expected, but it's on it way), But nothing about GOG release.
Also a bit concerning that despite a Mac version existing pretty much since launch and apparently downloadable if you buy the game on Steam, it's still not officially listed.
In order to quelch my nostalgic thirst of Advance Wars, I have started playing a real Advance Wars game on my DS. When I finish, I have another strategy game waiting for me.

So I have no more interest in Wargroove.

I was eager to pay full price for this game, now I'm passing on it.
Aaaand off the wishlist you go. :D
Couple of days ago, without any comment from Chucklefish, GOG's product page was updated "silently" again, this time on Q3 2019.

Aside from vague info, that "technical problems" caused that GOG's release wasn't set together with Steam release (stated in 5th June on CF forum), there was zero update.

In the meantime PS4 version was finished released at the end of July. What is more, they've recently announced physical releases for PS4 and Switch.

It's really annoying.
MartiusR: ...this time on Q3 2019.
We're already halfway through that. Yeah, I'm not getting my hopes up for this one anymore.
chandra: We regret to inform you that Wargroove will not be released on GOG.COM.

Together with the publisher, we launched the coming soon page back in February with the best intention of delivering Wargroove as soon as possible, especially knowing how many of you were eager to play it. Despite continuous efforts on both sides, releasing the game in a way that we believe would be satisfying to the entire GOG community, was not possible. This is why we mutually made a very difficult decision not to offer the game and we will be removing the coming soon page as a result.
Damn. :(
chandra: We regret to inform you that Wargroove will not be released on GOG.COM.

damn that stinks!

so then... hows dusk coming?
I was so excited when this game was announced here. Advance Wars and Fire Emblem are my jam. I passed up a number of opportunities to get the game elsewhere so I could get it here. I'm really disappointed.

What's the word on getting Celeste released here? Footage from the game appeared in GOG's anniversary videos made for different regions, see here:

Polish: https://youtu.be/3kp0gUwSVf0?t=267
French: https://youtu.be/IluvMiujwPE?t=2
German: https://youtu.be/grul2QJ-ViQ?t=111
Japanese: https://youtu.be/vEUqr3yYII0?t=5
Russian: https://youtu.be/rTRFk9gmk7Q?t=315

I assumed the release was already a lock (otherwise why would it be included in official videos?), but it's been nearly a year since then. You probably can't share specifics, but I'd like to know if I should continue to hold out for a GOG version or if it's another Wargroove scenario?
Post edited September 14, 2019 by Barry_Woodward