It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hell in high water.

Expedition, a chunky DLC pack for Underrail, is coming soon DRM-free.

Emerge from the tunnels to explore the inhospitable shores of the Black Sea. Waiting for you there are vicious creatures, aggressive constructs, three additional weapon types, a thrilling story, a new psionic skill, and plenty of dark secrets.
I'd dare to say that Underrail is even better than Fallout 1 and 2. Seriously.
Mechanically wise, it might be the pinnacle of "old school" turn based RPGs with a solo character.
Enebias: I'd dare to say that Underrail is even better than Fallout 1 and 2. Seriously.
Mechanically wise, it might be the pinnacle of "old school" turn based RPGs with a solo character.
Wow, that´s pretty strong statement :)
Anyways, looking forward to have it released, it was in development for quite some time.
The construct in the video at the first area transition looks close to the one on the new sales banner. I wonder if it was intended, or its something still not here. From the news posted today this one peaked my interest the most.
ConsulCaesar: Guys, don't panic. All three games announced today had this. They probably shouldn't even have a price, just a "Coming soon" notice, which somehow has defaulted to 99.99.
JudasIscariot: Basically this.

It was my mistake as I went on autopilot in a way when setting things up for the coming soon announcement so that's my bad. Sorry for the confusion!
Is it coming soon, or Soon­­­®? ;p
Post edited December 21, 2018 by richlind33
Enebias: I'd dare to say that Underrail is even better than Fallout 1 and 2. Seriously.
Why even mention Fallout when talking about this game? Not just you, but all of the other people who say that it's the "true successor to Fallout" (presumably in comparison to Fallout 3). Underrail is nothing at all like Fallout, except perhaps in that it is turn-based and post-apocalyptic (I guess). It reminds me more of classic roguelikes At least in part because the stats/skills system looks like something that was thrown together over time, without much planning, mostly to support "cool new features". That, combined with the nearly complete lack of documentation (unlike most classic roguelikes) turned me off of this game pretty quickly.

Then again, maybe I'm all wrong about it, and should just give it more time. Hard to justify given how much of a pain it is to run on Linux. Back in the day the author mentioned moving to something more portable, but I guess it wasn't that important.

In short, I'm much more eager to see what the Atom RPG is like. Hopefully it won't disappoint me as much as Underrail.
JudasIscariot: Basically this.

It was my mistake as I went on autopilot in a way when setting things up for the coming soon announcement so that's my bad. Sorry for the confusion!
richlind33: Is it coming soon, or Soon­­­®? ;p
Soon™
richlind33: Is it coming soon, or Soon­­­®? ;p
Bigs: Soon™
Good News™
Bigs: Soon™
richlind33: Good News™
:D

Hopefully soonish® than soon™ :)
Post edited December 21, 2018 by Tarhiel
Be nice if the base game could be offered through GOG connect to coincide with the DLC release.

Long before it was offered on GOG, several of us bought the game via Desura (drm-free) back when it was early access.

Most of us managed to get a replacement STEAM key before the collapse of that site.

I'm not expecting the game to ever get released on other platforms unless Styg swaps out XNA for FNA/Monogame and performs any other necessary changes. I don't know how much work would be required in total.

Windows makes up 96% of computers according to the latest STEAM HW survey.
Linux < 1%.
OSX ~ 3%.

Personally I'm quite happy to be in the 1% and wouldn't ever go back.
Post edited December 21, 2018 by mwnn
mintee: never heard of this game but i like what i see, it looks like a cracking game with lots to do, vibes of fallout and that music was awesome. wishlisted
yup, but many gamers also says it resembles Avadon,Avernum, Eschalon( i also agree)
the graphics are a bit larger but i never met groups of 4 or more in Fallout 1+2 that i had to attack in one go, maybe they borowed also from Fallout Tactics, this game as more ai coming at you at the same time.
The graphics are smaller compared to fallout 1+2 i own Avernum, Avadon,Eschalon and they also have tiny characters.

Anyway the Underrail has too many crafting items , which takes more time, fallout 1+2 and tactics were easier and you could dive right into the story and the action, Underrail takes more time, has many many conversations whic makes it slow , i prefer faster and more action, thats why i own little or none simualtions takes too much time, then again i dont have real action games, they are too much action thats why i prefer point n click a nice bridge between the very slow crafting games and the fast arcade games.

mwnn: Be nice if the base game could be offered through GOG connect to coincide with the DLC release.

Long before it was offered on GOG, several of us bought the game via Desura (drm-free) back when it was early access.

Most of us managed to get a replacement STEAM key before the collapse of that site.

I'm not expecting the game to ever get released on other platforms unless Styg swaps out XNA for FNA/Monogame and performs any other necessary changes. I don't know how much work would be required in total.

Windows makes up 96% of computers according to the latest STEAM HW survey.
Linux < 1%.
OSX ~ 3%.

Personally I'm quite happy to be in the 1% and wouldn't ever go back.
Steam ? hmmm? Steam ( forced client) will abandon all older windows, so in a 4 or 5 maybe sooner Steam will be win 10 only ( oh joy) all because mickesoft is in a hurry to dump the good older windows asap, cause they have a new toy and playing all by themselevs is no fun, thats why the hurry :D
Anyway win10 is bad because they : have too much spyware in it, it cannot run 99% of the win 7/8 games
which they could support , they could build in a proper win7 64bits mode but they wont... if they did more users would buy, not free upgrade, win 10, i would buy win 10 right away if i had the guarantee 99% of all win764/32 bits game would run flawless that's 10/10 not 1 run out of every 10 attempts.
So if the eliminate the et phone home stuff, or allow users to 100% block all spyware ( which they cant cause 'some part 'is in the 'cloud' ( thats for the spying)
'
Post edited December 22, 2018 by gamesfreak64
high rated
darktjm: Underrail is nothing at all like Fallout, except perhaps in that it is turn-based and post-apocalyptic (I guess). It reminds me more of classic roguelikes
That's the funny thing about opinions, because to me it feels very much like Fallout and not at all like "classic roguelikes". Why would you even say that? It doesn't have perma-death, as far as I remember the environments are all carefully handcrafted, not based on procedural generation, and unlike most roguelikes, the game doesn't focus solely on combat, but instead has a strong focus on storytelling, quests and interactions with NPCs. I don't feel qualified to judge whether it is objectively better than the old Fallout games, but it certainly is a great game and anyone who likes the genre should at least give it a try.
Goody, goody, goody! I've been waiting for this. Hmm, I should probably dive back into the base game and try to get through the Deep Caverns. (What an awful, awful place. Makes me rage quit every time).
darktjm: Underrail is nothing at all like Fallout, except perhaps in that it is turn-based and post-apocalyptic (I guess). It reminds me more of classic roguelikes
CharlesGrey: That's the funny thing about opinions, because to me it feels very much like Fallout and not at all like "classic roguelikes". Why would you even say that? It doesn't have perma-death, as far as I remember the environments are all carefully handcrafted, not based on procedural generation, and unlike most roguelikes, the game doesn't focus solely on combat, but instead has a strong focus on storytelling, quests and interactions with NPCs. I don't feel qualified to judge whether it is objectively better than the old Fallout games, but it certainly is a great game and anyone who likes the genre should at least give it a try.
I agree. The replay value of this game is pretty low. No procedural generation & no editor to make your own scenarios.
gamesfreak64: Anyway the Underrail has too many crafting items , which takes more time, fallout 1+2 and tactics were easier and you could dive right into the story and the action, Underrail takes more time, has many many conversations whic makes it slow , i prefer faster and more action, thats why i own little or none simualtions takes too much time, then again i dont have real action games, they are too much action thats why i prefer point n click a nice bridge between the very slow crafting games and the fast arcade games.
You can finish the game without crafting a single thing.
gamesfreak64: Anyway the Underrail has too many crafting items , which takes more time, fallout 1+2 and tactics were easier and you could dive right into the story and the action, Underrail takes more time, has many many conversations whic makes it slow , i prefer faster and more action, thats why i own little or none simualtions takes too much time, then again i dont have real action games, they are too much action thats why i prefer point n click a nice bridge between the very slow crafting games and the fast arcade games.
Furbos: You can finish the game without crafting a single thing.
Thats nice cause a few other games also had crafting and the items were too small.