It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Get ready for a survival horror inspired by the genre classics! join Caroline Walker as she investigates the mysterious disappearance of twin girls in a terrifying mansion-turned-hospital. Tormented Souls is coming soon to GOG.COM!

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
Breja: Death, death, devil, devil, devil, devil, evil, evil games.
RedRagan: People are fascinated with that concept for a long long time. Danthe Allighieri pretty much wrote a fanfiction about going thru heaven and hell.
TZODnmr2k5: Why, why WHY do European/Asian developers have to default to using the absolute worse McDonald employees to do their voice work 8/10 times?

It's extremely rare that a North American title, (CA./the u.s.) no matter the size of the studio has shitty voice work, indeed, we have some of the best in the business; it's mostly non-domestic studio/publishers that end up hiring our worst voice actors!

I mean, all tension and drama are destroyed with shitty voice work how could they not know this?

I hope I can disable it and read subtitles instead, however, if I'm wrong and the video does not represent the finished work then this will be an insta-buy instead of sitting in my wishlist until an -80% sale comes around as this does seem to be an excellent-looking AA title...

It would be a shame if all that hard work was ruined with comically bad voice work!

See, yes outstanding work, hear, not so much if the video represents the final product...
RedRagan: Don't blame the main company, it's the one who ported the game to American release who responsible for shitty dub.
Yeah, just who are the idiots that ported the game? I thought it was the publishers, they usually are responsible for the localization; I admittedly mispoke about the developers, my bad...
I really hope the trailer does not represent the final product. I found it atrocious in itself, with its horrendous editing and sound effects, but I did not think that what it showed of the game was great either. The animation seemed very mechanic, the voice acting was not very convincing, and I did not like the lighting. How can I be afraid of something if I cannot see that thing?

It has been a while since I last played an old school survival horror in the style of the old Resident Evil games, and I sincerely hope this one will turn out to be good. Unfortunately, the trailer does not give me a lot of hope.

Edit : A horrible typo I had to correct.
Post edited October 17, 2021 by DarkBattler
trusteft: Nice!

I have watched videos of it and it looks quite fun. Depending on the price I will buy it this or next month, but still, nice!
It's 19,99€ on Steam in my region .
RedRagan: People are fascinated with that concept for a long long time. Danthe Allighieri pretty much wrote a fanfiction about going thru heaven and hell.

Don't blame the main company, it's the one who ported the game to American release who responsible for shitty dub.
TZODnmr2k5: Yeah, just who are the idiots that ported the game? I thought it was the publishers, they usually are responsible for the localization; I admittedly mispoke about the developers, my bad...
A lot of companies in the past. It's because licensing fee for several Japanese games and animes are cheaper and they don't want to so spend more for quality dub. I mean US Gold did so much damage before it finally closed down for good just recenly.
TZODnmr2k5: Yeah, just who are the idiots that ported the game? I thought it was the publishers, they usually are responsible for the localization; I admittedly mispoke about the developers, my bad...
RedRagan: A lot of companies in the past. It's because licensing fee for several Japanese games and animes are cheaper and they don't want to so spend more for quality dub. I mean US Gold did so much damage before it finally closed down for good just recenly.
Ironic that u.s. gold was a U.K. company!

But yeah, it would have been better if they did the localization themselves instead of using a third party, as the game's quality does suffer when you have comically wretched voice-over work for a game that relies on tension and drama, I would think that sales would suffer a bit, or at least not sell as well if the voice work were much more competent.

Thanks for the insight!
Have you actually played the game? I have. It's very much like Resident Evil. I'd definitely put it more in that vein, maybe a dash of Silent Hill. You do not get a gun from the start, you get a nailgun. You can't go in the dark without a lighter or you will be insta-killed. The voice acting is fine, it reminds me of the corny voice acting of the time. I think of it as a throwback to the old PS1 days. The plot isn't even that serious, so the voice acting gives it some necessary cheese.

I've played an hour of it and it's good enough for me. You can only save with a reel though and she makes a live recording of her adventure up to that point everytime you save. First time I've seen that and I love it.
TheGrimLord: Have you actually played the game? I have. It's very much like Resident Evil. I'd definitely put it more in that vein, maybe a dash of Silent Hill. You do not get a gun from the start, you get a nailgun. You can't go in the dark without a lighter or you will be insta-killed. The voice acting is fine, it reminds me of the corny voice acting of the time. I think of it as a throwback to the old PS1 days. The plot isn't even that serious, so the voice acting gives it some necessary cheese.

I've played an hour of it and it's good enough for me. You can only save with a reel though and she makes a live recording of her adventure up to that point everytime you save. First time I've seen that and I love it.
I did not realize that the game had already been released on other storefronts. Since "coming soon" is shown on the game's page, and since there was no release date anywhere on here, I assumed the game was yet to be released.

Thank you for your post, I will go read some reviews and see if this is the kind of game for me.
trusteft: Nice!

I have watched videos of it and it looks quite fun. Depending on the price I will buy it this or next month, but still, nice!
DD & Ji Ji: It's 19,99€ on Steam in my region .
Cool, fair price for me.
Thanks for the info.
Magmarock: This is why leaving requests on steam pays off guys. You're welcome
https://steamcommunity.com/app/1367590/discussions/0/2961669453616880898/?tscn=1634383239
Thank you for taking the trouble of asking devs/publishers for GOG releases. I suppose that does indeed make a difference many times.
I don't have a steam account, but if I had one I suppose I'd also ask devs of games I'm interested in for a GOG release.
https://steamcommunity.com/app/1367590/discussions/0/2961669453616880898/?tscn=1634383239
karnak1: Thank you for taking the trouble of asking devs/publishers for GOG releases. I suppose that does indeed make a difference many times.
I don't have a steam account, but if I had one I suppose I'd also ask devs of games I'm interested in for a GOG release.
I'm not 100% sure if my comment contributed anything but whenever I see a game that looks interesting I always try to tell the devs about us.
Shitty voicework or not, it's still good to get games here that people will buy, especially games that share almost the same release date as steam, I hope the game sells well here as I already played the demo, and aside from the shit voices, it plays just like the RE/SH games of old!

I also read reviews beforehand as this is a PS5 port and it seems to do very well with the user scores also, good thing it has subtitles so all I need to do is to find out how to remove the voices... so into the wishlist, it goes! The load times can be an ass, but other than that, I had a good time with the demo.
Post edited October 18, 2021 by TZODnmr2k5
DarkBattler: How can I be afraid of something if I cannot see that thing?
One could argue that a monster is scarier if you cannot see it.
Once you see it, all the mystery is gone, leaving nothing to the imagination.
ChrisCh22: One could argue that a monster is scarier if you cannot see it.
Once you see it, all the mystery is gone, leaving nothing to the imagination.
Indeed, one could argue that, and I would not agree.

Leaving a little room for the imagination is good, but leaving everything to the imagination is a little cheap in my opinion.
What scares me when I see a monster in a work of fiction, say with large claws and teeth, is to imagine what it could do with those large claws and teeth.
Also, if I see a dark room in a work of fiction, I see nothing but a dark room, and dark rooms do not scare me. What might be inside that room might scare me, but I would have to see it to be frightened. I think that the first Alien movie is great for that, because it shows the alien. It is often hidden, it strikes at the last moment, but you can see it enough to know what you have to be afraid of.

However, I have watched some videos of the game and it does not seem to rely too heavily on darkness to be scary, but rather it seems to be trying to create a horrific atmosphere from the start, which I like.
I'll probably buy it as soon as it shows up here.
Is the soundtrack in FLAC format getting released as well?