It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Liberté! Égalité! Spécialité!

<span class="bold">Tooth and Tail</span>, a grimly satirical RTS about organized animal cruelty, is coming soon, DRM-free, to GOG.com.

Time to break the (food) chains! The War for Meat has thrown the animal kingdom into upheaval and everyone is out to subdue and consume their opponents. Customize your faction and lead an army of aggressive fuzzballs through procedurally generated maps to burn, gut, or blast the other woodland creatures into gooey pixels. Then you can go online and brutalize your friends' furry pets, unless they're willing to swing by for some couch split-screen play.

Watch the hairy trailer.
Post edited July 18, 2017 by maladr0Id
There is a short campaign spoiler in the last dev stream. Go to https://www.twitch.tv/videos/159146131 and move the timer to 22:51 and you can see how the intro video and first, short level of the campaign looks.
Hmm this looks pretty cool
Seen the game on your Twitch Channel (even seen some YT videos)... and its not a RTS but, a bloody MOBA , meh (that you can play with a Pad ... as you only direct control a single HERO UNIT) ... MOBA the devolution of RTS ... with some random maps masked as the Single Player Campaign experience ... with RPG walking on a map and talking to NPCs after the random missions , to add this game has deep story progression ... eeehmmmm

You market this product so false , telling you go to the roots of RTS ... using examples from C&C or Warcraft ... games that had micromanagement of units , base building and FMV cutscenes , etc... the basic 101 of all RTS of the golden days ... its not even like Kohan , that used multiple group logic to ease the unit control

Why not simply put , its a MOBA with a story campaign on random maps ... to add replay value

If you wanted to mimic those games you mention... you would go the route, the last good RTS named "SunAge - Battle for Elysium" took ... and changed it theme to your furry world ... or Soldiers of WW2 direct control rpg that used logic puzzles from Commandos series ... mixed with the "Mouse Guard" aesthetics

PR like that can backfire at your face , like with Double Fine "Brütal Legend" marketed as a GTA in a rock world ... the problem was 40% of this game was like this , the rest 60% was a awful broken MOBA ...
hfric: Seen the game on your Twitch Channel (even seen some YT videos)... and its not a RTS but, a bloody MOBA , meh (that you can play with a Pad ... as you only direct control a single HERO UNIT) ... MOBA the devolution of RTS ... with some random maps masked as the Single Player Campaign experience ... with RPG walking on a map and talking to NPCs after the random missions , to add this game has deep story progression ... eeehmmmm

You market this product so false , telling you go to the roots of RTS ... using examples from C&C or Warcraft ... games that had micromanagement of units , base building and FMV cutscenes , etc... the basic 101 of all RTS of the golden days ... its not even like Kohan , that used multiple group logic to ease the unit control

Why not simply put , its a MOBA with a story campaign on random maps ... to add replay value

If you wanted to mimic those games you mention... you would go the route, the last good RTS named "SunAge - Battle for Elysium" took ... and changed it theme to your furry world ... or Soldiers of WW2 direct control rpg that used logic puzzles from Commandos series ... mixed with the "Mouse Guard" aesthetics

PR like that can backfire at your face , like with Double Fine "Brütal Legend" marketed as a GTA in a rock world ... the problem was 40% of this game was like this , the rest 60% was a awful broken MOBA ...
Heh, well, to each his own. Maybe the game just isnt for you! I think if you watch a little more you'll discover that it really is an RTS, not a MOBA at all. The hero character has no abilities of their own, and the units don't move autonomously, you tell them where to go. Your mouse is your "mouse pointer". In every respect, other than controlling a central character, it's an RTS. You're welcome to see it differently, but I'd love if you gave it a try!
hfric: Seen the game on your Twitch Channel (even seen some YT videos)... and its not a RTS but, a bloody MOBA , meh (that you can play with a Pad ... as you only direct control a single HERO UNIT) ... MOBA the devolution of RTS ... with some random maps masked as the Single Player Campaign experience ... with RPG walking on a map and talking to NPCs after the random missions , to add this game has deep story progression ... eeehmmmm

ajschatz: Heh, well, to each his own. Maybe the game just isnt for you! I think if you watch a little more you'll discover that it really is an RTS, not a MOBA at all. The hero character has no abilities of their own, and the units don't move autonomously, you tell them where to go. Your mouse is your "mouse pointer". In every respect, other than controlling a central character, it's an RTS. You're welcome to see it differently, but I'd love if you gave it a try!
This game looks quite fascinating and fun to play.
When might this game be released? I would very much like to review something like this that puts a fresh spin on things.
Windryu: When might this game be released? I would very much like to review something like this that puts a fresh spin on things.
Check the store page, it says September 12th. Pre-orders start this Tuesday.
Windryu: When might this game be released? I would very much like to review something like this that puts a fresh spin on things.
Plokite_Wolf: Check the store page, it says September 12th. Pre-orders start this Tuesday.
Ah nice thank you for the information. Ah two months away not too bad.
Interesting but for me it hard to see clear, hope it has a option for colourblind:)
Matruchus: Is the Linux version going to be released on gog too?
Just wanted to follow up on this. I wasn't aware that the Galaxy client wasn't ready on Linux, so I'm afraid we won't be launching with Linux on GOG. We will be on steam and probably Humble, but I know many ppl here are die hard GOG folks, more power to ya. For now, I suppose you'll have to decide whether you are more of a die hard Linux fan, or die hard GOG fan :)
Post edited July 17, 2017 by ajschatz
ajschatz: Just wanted to follow up on this. I wasn't aware that the Galaxy client wasn't ready on Linux, so I'm afraid we won't be launching with Linux on GOG. We will be on steam and probably Humble, but I know many ppl here are die hard GOG folks, more power to ya. For now, I suppose you'll have to decide whether you are more of a die hard Linux fan, or die hard GOG fan :)
I opened a thread about this very problem here.

According to GOG Galaxy developers (see their comments about this issue here - scroll to the bottom of the page, post by Venom from July 6, 2017), they are doing something to ensure that Galaxy remains optional and shouldn't block Linux releases on GOG. Was that support not enough for you to release Linux version here? If not, your situation disproves GOG's claims that they do something to make sure developers avoid this issue.
Post edited July 18, 2017 by shmerl
ajschatz: Just wanted to follow up on this. I wasn't aware that the Galaxy client wasn't ready on Linux, so I'm afraid we won't be launching with Linux on GOG. We will be on steam and probably Humble, but I know many ppl here are die hard GOG folks, more power to ya. For now, I suppose you'll have to decide whether you are more of a die hard Linux fan, or die hard GOG fan :)
Thanks for the answer. I can understand the reason for it. Though wouldn't at least a singleplayer version be an option?

Also does the game have crossplay? Basically interconnected multiplayer for both Steam and gog together. Cause if it doesnt then the multiplayer on gog will be dead on arrival.
ajschatz: For now, I suppose you'll have to decide whether you are more of a die hard Linux fan, or die hard GOG fan :)
Die Hard fan, obviously ^^

seriously though, the Galaxy client is optional on windows / osx, isn't it? Meaning the code must already handle the case that the client is not installed. How hard can it be to make a Linux build that simply assumes the client is not available by default ?

shmerl: According to GOG Galaxy developers (see their comments about this issue here - scroll to the bottom of the page, post by Venom from July 6, 2017), they are doing something to ensure that Galaxy remains optional and shouldn't block Linux releases on GOG. Was that support not enough for you to release Linux version here? If not, your situation disproves GOG's claims that they do something to make sure developers avoid this issue.
if anything it proves that "something" isn't enough :p
Post edited July 18, 2017 by immi101
immi101: if anything it proves that "something" isn't enough :p
shmerl: Yeah, that's exactly my point. And I agree, how hard would it be to make a Galaxy stub, similar to this? https://github.com/rofl0r/agsteamstub
why are you so fixated on using a useless stub library?
How hard can it be to disable the code using galaxy in the source code of the game and compile it without galaxy.dll ?
immi101: why are you so fixated on using a useless stub library?
How hard can it be to disable the code using galaxy in the source code of the game and compile it without galaxy.dll ?
Stub allows avoiding messing up the code with conditional compilation entries. I really don't like those. Any of that isn't hard though, pretty doable in reasonable time. But, it might be not the time developers are willing to spend for Linux GOG users. And GOG aren't helping enough as we can see.
Post edited July 18, 2017 by shmerl