It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Sinking City is coming soon DRM-free.

The Sinking City is an adventure and investigation game set in an open world inspired by the universe of H.P. Lovecraft, the master of Horror. The half-submerged city of Oakmont is gripped by supernatural forces. You're a private investigator, and you have to uncover the truth of what has possessed the city… and the minds of its inhabitants.
high rated
I can confirm the Gamesplanet release of this game is 100% DRM free. You download an installer and a bunch of .bin files, same as a GOG release. I installed and launched it without internet and it works great.

Who knows when it will come to GOG because of the legal disagreement, so I think this is a good choice.
StingingVelvet: I can confirm the Gamesplanet release of this game is 100% DRM free. You download an installer and a bunch of .bin files, same as a GOG release. I installed and launched it without internet and it works great.

Who knows when it will come to GOG because of the legal disagreement, so I think this is a good choice.
That's awesome that Gamesplanet has a true-blue DRM-FREE version.

I'll have to keep that in mind.

Do we know if that version is leaving Gamesplanet any time soon b/c of the legal dispute?

kai2: Back in January I knew something was up... the local game store chain was dumping the game on PS4 for $5. Never dreamed it would disappear everywhere.

Oh BTW...

... just got an email notification that The Sinking City (PC) is now available on Origin.
Does anyone know if that Origin version is DRM-FREE or not?

Not all games on Origin - especially ones that aren't from EA - use Denuvo DRM and/or require Origin to run in the background.

For example, some games like Mad Max are technically DRM-FREE from there.
Post edited August 31, 2020 by MysterD
StingingVelvet: I can confirm the Gamesplanet release of this game is 100% DRM free. You download an installer and a bunch of .bin files, same as a GOG release. I installed and launched it without internet and it works great.

Interesting, and on sale. Any way of searching for “download” only. I see there is an activation option, and GOG is there, but very little search options other than that. I notice wasteland 3 is cheaper there also (steam key only).
nightcraw1er.488: Interesting, and on sale. Any way of searching for “download” only. I see there is an activation option, and GOG is there, but very little search options other than that. I notice wasteland 3 is cheaper there also (steam key only).
I didn't poke around the store much but I wouldn't associate "download" with DRM free necessarily. GamersGate for example sold a ton of downloads that had SecuROM and TAGES on them.
nightcraw1er.488: Interesting, and on sale. Any way of searching for “download” only. I see there is an activation option, and GOG is there, but very little search options other than that. I notice wasteland 3 is cheaper there also (steam key only).
StingingVelvet: I didn't poke around the store much but I wouldn't associate "download" with DRM free necessarily. GamersGate for example sold a ton of downloads that had SecuROM and TAGES on them.
Sacred 2 and its I&B expansion once had Securom wrapped around it (before there was a Gold Edition there).
Then, they released a DRM-FREE version, after I asked if they could get a DRM-free version b/c it wouldn't activate.
I think now, S2: Gold is sold as a Steam-version there.

I have bought DRM-FREE versions of games from them before - such as Bastion: Soundtrack Edition and D&D Master Anthology Collection (with BG1, BG2, PST, TOEE). Not sure if DRM-Free versions of these are sold anymore on Gamersgate; I'd have to look.
Post edited August 31, 2020 by MysterD
StingingVelvet: I can confirm the Gamesplanet release of this game is 100% DRM free.
Tempting.
It seems following DLC is not available on Gamesplanet. I really need that extra skill point.

Investigator Pack $4.99
Upgrade your gaming experience with an exclusive private investigator outfit, permanent access to a first aid kit, antipsychotics and a crafting materials starter pack.

Chicago Organ Grinder $1.99
Style or power? Now you can have both with the Chicago Organ Grinder, the favourite weapon of 1920s gangsters.
This DLC includes a skin for your Tommy gun.

Experience Boost $2.99
This DLC includes a skill point that can be used from the start of the game. Use it wisely to upgrade your combat skills, vigor or mind.
JackknifeJohnson: It seems following DLC is not available on Gamesplanet. I really need that extra skill point.
I wouldn't use cheat items anyway.
Just a quick bump to say I think this game is pretty darn good, and if a "detective survival horror" game sounds up your alley I'd recommend getting it.
StingingVelvet: Just a quick bump to say I think this game is pretty darn good, and if a "detective survival horror" game sounds up your alley I'd recommend getting it.
If you've played both, do you prefer this Sinking City or Cyanide's Call of Cthlulu (2018)?
MysterD: If you've played both, do you prefer this Sinking City or Cyanide's Call of Cthlulu (2018)?
Haven't played that one, sorry. Playing this one makes me want to get to it sooner rather than later though.