It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Do robots dream of a higher purpose?

<span class="bold">The Signal From T&ouml;lva</span>, an open-world first-person shooter about robots fighting for claim over a desolate world, is coming soon, DRM-free on GOG.com!

There is a distant wasteland of a planet, a place where robotic explorers roam among the fascinating remnants of an ancient civilization, searching for a signal's source. Unable to resist the urge, you send a drone to the hazardous surface of Tölva. Conflict, danger, and breathtaking vistas await you there. But when the truth finally reveals itself, will you be prepared for it?

https://www.youtube.com/embed/Eq06L0KbYgU
Post edited March 01, 2017 by maladr0Id
This looks like my kind of game. semi-casual with fighting here and there in the game. I really like the idea of exploring and fighting when contact takes place.

I look forward to see how much this game will cost when it is released.
I like the idea but I am scared it will just be a rinse and repeat thing like what was shown in the trailer. BUT I am giving it hope and hopefully I will be happy with the purchase when comes out cause I LOVE robot games to hell!
Does that mean they actually finished their first game? Every time I tried it over the years, it was an unoptimized mess.
Is this a Unity game? I am asking because of the high system requirement.
Holy crap, a game with constructed levels and not procedural? Colour me intrigued.
Can we haz a Thimbleweed Park Coming Soon now?
This looks extremely interesting. Even more so because there isn't a multiplayer component.
Vainamoinen: Can we haz a Thimbleweed Park Coming Soon now?
A "Not soon enough" would fit better.
drealmer7: except it's not claiming to be more than it is - there's no resource gathering and shooting things seems to be the focus
of course it's resource gathering. i've only skimmed the video but it sure had a screen where you sort your nuts in it. i know screens in which you can sort your nuts when i see some.

*waiting for gal gun to arrive*
Post edited March 01, 2017 by AlienMind
Looks interesting, like something I would enjoy.

Wondering what they mean by "open world". Is it that you can go just about anywhere by walking long enough a la, say, Morrowind, or is it that you pick specific walled areas via a world map? Looks like the latter from the gameplay video.
HereForTheBeer: Looks interesting, like something I would enjoy.

Wondering what they mean by "open world". Is it that you can go just about anywhere by walking long enough a la, say, Morrowind, or is it that you pick specific walled areas via a world map? Looks like the latter from the gameplay video.
To me it is kind of looking like a progressing story that has multiple parts that you can "discover" in a non-linear order just depending which ways you travel on the map and what areas you are able to secure at which points in your outtings.

I'm guessing that the complex AI allows for a scaling effect no matter the order you go and the more you discover the more complex the fights to "discover" each specific location get. As if the enemies at each location are not pre-determined but are script-based depending on what you've done previously, as to scale it appropriately like an FPS should.

I don't know at all of course and I could be "putting things on it" that aren't there, but that is what I'm getting from it kind of. which seems pretty cool
I really hope the open world design isn't cloning far cry 3+ because the last thing the world needs is yet another chore-based open world game that has no excitement from exploration.
Bonsewswesa: I really hope the open world design isn't cloning far cry 3+ because the last thing the world needs is yet another chore-based open world game that has no excitement from exploration.
it looks to be a far cry from far cry 3
OraEtLabora: Is this a Unity game? I am asking because of the high system requirement.
No kidding.

"Recommended system requirements - Windows: 7 / 8.1 / 10 (64-bit)
Processor: Intel Core i7 4790 3.6 GHz, or equivalent.
Memory: 16 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA 970 GTX , or equivalent. "

Frankly, this looks more or less like a "last gen" game. How the heck do they come up with such system requirements, in particular the 16 GB of RAM?

Borderlands 1 & 2 or games like The Last of Us were released on the PS3, and doesn't that thing have like... 512MB of shared RAM?

Even Witcher 3 requires only a max of 8GB, and this game doesn't seem to even get close to its level of detail and visual quality.

Much optimization. Very next gen!
Post edited March 02, 2017 by CharlesGrey
I like the sound of the concept itself, yet the gameplay shown here looks quite mediocre.

OraEtLabora: Is this a Unity game? I am asking because of the high system requirement.
It is. As much as I like the notion of more accessible tools, the downside is that many people using them have absolutely no clue as in how to do optimization well (or at all). Unity itself being a bit of a resource hog doesn't help either in this case.

Good: Ori and the Blind Forest, Shadowrun games, The Book of Unwritten Tales 2
Bad: Dreamfall Chapters, RollerCoaster Tycoon World, Interstellar Marines

CharlesGrey: Borderlands 1 & 2 or games like The Last of Us were released on the PS3, and doesn't that thing have like... 512MB of shared RAM?
It'd probably be better to compare them to their PC counterparts. Borderlands 2's recommended specs as listed on Steam are a good magnitude lower.

Processor: 2.3 GHz Quad Core processor
Memory: 2 GB
Video Memory: 512MB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 / ATI Radeon HD 5850

Still, weighing a AAA game to a significantly smaller indie one may not be quite the best comparison. *shrug*
Post edited March 02, 2017 by mistermumbles