It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A game for all The Dark Crystal universe fans is coming soon on GOG.COM. The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance Tactics is a strategy title based on the Netflix series, The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance. As a leader of a Gelfling resistance group, you will have to fight against the oppressive Skeksis in more than 50 turn-based tactics RPG battles.
zgrillo2004: This is my reaction
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpIoPQHYhrw
Replying without watching the video, but is it a clip of a skeksis going: hmmmmmmm?

EDIT: Not disappointed :))
Post edited December 05, 2019 by MadalinStroe
Amazing. Didn't even know this existed.

Character modelling is awesome, but a game that tries to evoke the aesthetics of an 80s puppet movie shouldn't shower so many fancy digital sparkles on the screen. It feels out of place, as if George Lucas had made a Dark Crystal Enhanced Edition.
Huumm...
A few weeks ago when i was told about this game,
i got a little bit sad for just seening it on steam.

Now i see a shining crystal on the horizont.
I was expecting the PC version of this to be Steam-only for sure! Well done GOG.
zgrillo2004: This is my reaction
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpIoPQHYhrw
MadalinStroe: Replying without watching the video, but is it a clip of a skeksis going: hmmmmmmm?

EDIT: Not disappointed :))
Skek-Sil is my favorite of all the Skeksis. Thats all he does.
Now if only they found some way to add the original Dark Crystal game (and other Sierra Hi-Res adventures): https://www.mobygames.com/game/hi-res-adventure-6-the-dark-crystal
I wonder if they got the original actors to voice their roles again from the movie?
Anothername: Don't forget the Watership Down vs. Animal Farm Streetfighter Clone ;)
Surely you mean Watership Down vs. Animals of Farthing Wood? Ahahahahahaha!
Post edited December 07, 2019 by pferreira1983
pferreira1983: I wonder if they got the original actors to voice their roles again from the movie?
Anothername: Don't forget the Watership Down vs. Animal Farm Streetfighter Clone ;)
pferreira1983: Surely you mean Watership Down vs. Animals of Farthing Wood? Ahahahahahaha!
I do not know that but reading into it and that Ralph Macchio is one of the voice actors there it actually makes it a good choice :P
pferreira1983: I wonder if they got the original actors to voice their roles again from the movie?
I very much doubt that, since this is a tie-in for the Dark Crystal Netflix series.
Anothername: I do not know that but reading into it and that Ralph Macchio is one of the voice actors there it actually makes it a good choice :P
Ralph Macchio? He didn't voice any characters in the Animals of Farthing Wood. Oh wait...you mean they did an American English dub... (facepalms)...(sighs)...
Post edited December 07, 2019 by pferreira1983
Mr.Mumbles: this is a tie-in for the Dark Crystal Netflix series
Ugh, I didn't realise that. Thanks for the warning, I'll probably skip this game after all.
Mr.Mumbles: this is a tie-in for the Dark Crystal Netflix series
Serren: Ugh, I didn't realise that. Thanks for the warning, I'll probably skip this game after all.
I know it's hard to believe, but the series is actually better than the movie. It's faithful to the original, it's still all puppets, it looks incredible, the actors doing the voices do a superb work and, most importantly, it actually has a great story and engaging characters. I mean, let's face it - the movie is a marvel to look at, but the story is as basic as it gets, and the characters have the depth of Super Mario graphics.

Now whether the game is actually good or just an average cash-grab is another matter.
Serren: Ugh, I didn't realise that. Thanks for the warning, I'll probably skip this game after all.
Breja: I know it's hard to believe, but the series is actually better than the movie. It's faithful to the original, it's still all puppets, it looks incredible, the actors doing the voices do a superb work and, most importantly, it actually has a great story and engaging characters. I mean, let's face it - the movie is a marvel to look at, but the story is as basic as it gets, and the characters have the depth of Super Mario graphics.
I didn't really get that impression at all; I thought the Netflix series was binge/story-bloat, which could've been condensed down to, voila, an hour and a half movie, which we had already seen, and had much better soundtrack, atmosphere, casting, and prop-work. I espeically didn't like the casting, particularly the battle scenes. . . just looked silly. I wish they had spent more production-money on good writers, rather than on uber-expensive celebrity voice-actors.