It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Encore, encore!

The Bard's Tale Trilogy remastered is coming soon, DRM-free to GOG.com.
Fine-tune your lutes, adventurers! 'Tis time to sing again the tales of Skara Brae. The place where evil took hold, nearly extinguishing all life, all hope. That very same place where the legend of the six heroes began, only this time with high-res graphics that maintain the originals' tone, audio for spells and attacks, plus certain quality of life improvements like an automap and tooltip popups, among others.
LeonKillsAshley: Can anyone from InXile Entertainment, Krome Studios, or GOG tell me whether backers of Bard's Tale 4 are going to be able to get a redeemable GOG code for the remastered trilogy?
i_hope_you_rot: https://inxile.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004326814-How-to-get-Bard-s-Tale-IV-CrowdOx-backer-survey
https://inxile.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004300153-How-do-I-get-my-Bard-s-Tale-IV-rewards-
This does not answer my question. I know how to access the CrowdOx survey. Nowhere on the survey does it mention getting a code, GOG, or Steam. The version that Old Skuul was working on was a download available from the old backer portal.
low rated
Ooohhh, another remaster/enhanced, how novel.
high rated
nightcraw1er.488: Ooohhh, another remaster/enhanced, how novel.
To be fair it looks like they're doing a good job of updating the game for modern systems, and they are back-porting features from the later games into the earlier ones. Plus I don't think you can buy digital versions of these games other than the emulated versions in inXile's previous Bard's Tale game.
Hopefully we'll actually get a version of Bard's Tale 3 that has neither load times nor major gameplay bugs. (In the DOS version, for example, dragons never breathe fire and magic-eaters don't eat magic.)
First time in a long time I wanted to upvote (+1) a GOG.com news topic :)
it sounds like these are the updated ones mentioned in the KS
I've been waiting for this. I'm more excited by this than the Bard's Tale IV release. Do we have pricing yet?
Post edited August 06, 2018 by glssr60
OMG, I played this game on my first computer, a Commodore 128! All the mapping had to be done on graph paper, and the new versions will automap? Oh, be still my beating heart!
The Bard's Tale Remastered & Resnarkled update still hasn't arrived on GOG. Nearly a year late now.

https://www.gog.com/forum/the_bards_tale_series/the_bards_tale_remastered_and_resnarkled
I really need to up my game on what I watch on youtube. Never fails to disappoint when I watch a teaser trailer on GOG and afterwards the recommended watch list is shameful.
Poisonesse: OMG, I played this game on my first computer, a Commodore 128! All the mapping had to be done on graph paper, and the new versions will automap? Oh, be still my beating heart!
Me too... C64 in my case. I'm really excited...
Yes!! I was looking at IV and thought <meh> which got me to thinking about the original. Hope it comes soon.
I am a KS backer and I just got a mail 2 hours ago with information that it will be out next tuesday 14. August that is in 8 days. It will be with Automaping, all grafic and sound is made from new and characters will be able to be transfered over from the new remasted to the other 2.

But it will ONLY be the first one The Bard's Tale I the 2 others will come out later in the year or start of next year.
low rated
deleted
I can't remember where to go to get my kickstarter key for this.