It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Prepare yourself for a journey across continents and through time! Syberia: The World Before is coming soon to GOG.COM. In this new installment to the famous adventure game series, you play both as Dana Roze in 1937 and Kate Walker in the year 2004, as you get to the bottom of mysteries that have remained buried for too long.

Ready to set off on an adventure? Check out Syberia: The World Before - Prologue on GOG.COM!

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG.COM account to join now!
MarkoH01: The third game ends on a cliffhanger and the story continues in this one as you can see in the Prologue already.
Oof... means you have to play the ... less good part 3 to fully enjoy this one, no?
Probably a stupid question...Is the prologue included in the full game? I really don't want to fill my library with demos and prologues.
Hope it's better then Syberia 3.
MarkoH01: The third game ends on a cliffhanger and the story continues in this one as you can see in the Prologue already.
toxicTom: Oof... means you have to play the ... less good part 3 to fully enjoy this one, no?
According to the short prologue (which I finished when it was reelased on Steam) it seeems as if though it is a continuation of Syberia 3 it is also possible to play it without having knowledge about the third one. However - except the performance issues I had when I played it, I did like Syberia 3 as well - by far not as much as 1 and 2 and yes, they changed character behavior quite a bit and the controls were meant to be controller only (they added mouse support after people complained afterwards) but it is stil absolutely playable ....
alexandros050: Probably a stupid question...Is the prologue included in the full game? I really don't want to fill my library with demos and prologues.
Only Microids could tell you for sure but in my experience today "Prologue" is simply another word for demo or "beginning of the game for free" ... it might be that they'll change minor things until the game is finished but other than that I doubt that this part of the game won't be included in the full game.
Post edited December 22, 2020 by MarkoH01
alexandros050: Probably a stupid question...Is the prologue included in the full game? I really don't want to fill my library with demos and prologues.
That's another good question. I guess we need a "list of games with separate prologues" one of these day.
The Prologue review I've read talks about Telltale machanics with QTE and no serious puzzles. Mmm. Also it seems that the path finding is erratic, with Kate and Dana often going in the opposite derection than the one the player intends to. But Microid can still fix it for the full release.
toxicTom: That's another good question. I guess we need a "list of games with separate prologues" one of these day.
One I can think of now is Alder's Blood Prologue, which features a different protagonist and events. I'm not sure if it's included in the full game.
Post edited December 23, 2020 by Dogmaus
teceem: The CPU requirement looks pretty demanding for a game like this...
I gave it a try, although I've only played a bit of the first one so I was almost completely lost. I have only a Skylake Celeron (G3900) on my game system but also a R9 390 so I've only had one game I couldn't play at all and maybe three or four others that have had some issues that could possibly be CPU related, even though minimum CPU requirements are not infrequently higher and most seem to work fine on max graphics settings. At least as someone who can't tell the difference between 15fps and 30fps much less higher.

However, this one does not do well on my system on max settings, frequently stuttering (I forgot to test at lower graphics settings and already uninstalled it so no idea if that would help or not). I think it spent about a third of the time loading and half the time in cut scenes. At least audio was ok even when graphics stuttured. Reminds me of how Daedalic adventure games stopped working on my old system when plenty of much more complex games worked fine. The graphics are detailed, but personally I much prefer the style of The Journey Down to this one. I'm not a fan of uncanny valley.

Considering how the demo ends (and begins for that matter), it would be quite surprising if they didn't include it in the full game.
Post edited December 23, 2020 by joveian
Played the demo and i liked it a lot, seems like they are going for more serious approach to the game world and story, it continues after Syberia 3 , but seems to be waaay better in every way.
I guess Syberia 3 wasn't disappointing enough.
I tried to play it, but it crashes everytime.
Gonchi: I guess Syberia 3 wasn't disappointing enough.
This is definitely a better game than Syberia 3, at least based on the prologue. It runs better and plays far better. And the story feels way above the 3rd and 2nd game.
GOG definitely needs an ignore button for games.

Prologue was just atrocious and even if they fix the tremendous technical problems, they surely won't fix the driven into the wall story that's layed down in the demo.
dyscode: GOG definitely needs an ignore button for games.

Prologue was just atrocious and even if they fix the tremendous technical problems, they surely won't fix the driven into the wall story that's layed down in the demo.
I agree... i really liked the option they added a while ago to hide DLC , which made my search so much easier, as dont have to browse every page to search for games :D , as it is now it i am ""sifting"" to look for the games i might be interested in ( kinda like people searching for gold and sifting the sand to see if anything gold was found.

Anyway , an ignore button should be present as well ... it's the most used option i use on Steam to hide all the games i don't want to see every time i browse for games :D and i have ""hidden"" thousands of games on Steam :D
an option to also hide publishers/developers would also make things much easier, this we we can find games we may like faster.

Gonchi: I guess Syberia 3 wasn't disappointing enough.
I don't know if it was that bad ... after i saw a video and noticed they turned FPP i did not bother to look any further and just ignored the game....

Unfortunately many good old games released FPP games only... seems all the good games i played are now only developed in FPP , or some form of third person perspective that includes the scenery to move along while the main character moves ????

Anyway, i walked a lot and i was the always the one moving... not the streets, nor the buildings or scenery :D
i prefer the character to get smaller , like in the old games , streets do not move by itself.
Post edited January 09, 2021 by gamesfreak64
I am so looking forward to this game!!! I got a new to me computer for Christmas so I should be able to run it.