It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Become a demonic priestess of lust and use her unique skills to take revenge on your enemies. Succubus is coming soon to GOG.COM!

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
low rated
idbeholdME: Wasn't aware. Mentally cataloguing as "troll" from now on. But others also talked about satanism in this thread so my statement is more of a "old man yells at cloud" kind of thing than aimed at him specifically :P

Then we are truly doomed. At least it's not Astfgl.
BanditKeith2: Ya its moronic usuallt to complain about it.. Which is kinda why I like to bring it up in threads where it complains about G.O.G having games being this or that how late people are to the party to complain let alone video games was seen as sanatic or demonic from the start and some beliefs still sees computers as satantic or demonic anyway if one wants to go down that rabbit hole of complaining about satanic and demonic
The odd thing is that there is a certain degree of truth to it, but you ever notice we never ever actually deal with the high level thinkers when someone talks about this sort of thing. We get the highly emotional gut reactions, which are often overblown compared to what the high level thinkers who come up with this stuff come up with. For shits and giggles, i'll actually take a stab at this to show you what i mean, even if i wouldn't avoid the game myself on these grounds.

What we see here is a character classified as a demon, and it's a total misrepresentation of demons as a whole, and a misrepresentation of traditional literature regarding succubi, and the most likely origin of that literature. It's probably not a big deal, though, because almost everyone can separate fiction from reality, except children, who probably shouldn't be exposed to this until they are adults and have enough experience to separate BS from reality, like I usually can.

Then next down the path you have the not so smart guy, but not completely nuts, either:

Sure is alot of demon things going on her. Sure is dark. I wouldn't be surprised if the author who made this secretly believes this, or maybe even had an experience that they believe actually happened to them that confirms this, so we should probably keep it out of hands of the people easily convinced of things.

Then you have...

This is straight up satan-worship propaganda, for sure. Clearly the authors were touched by demons, and so corrupted that their form of misery becomes despirate for company. We need to ban this, because this will corrupt everyone it touches.

Anyone want to take a guess at what the diffences between these layers is? Click here for the answer.

I'm sure we could do one for blind support, too, but this game doesn't seem to be prone to that. It tends to be more political games that get that sort of bias. Things like this seem to get people going after and people defending it, but not going as far as trying to say everyone should play it for it's ideology. Otherwise, there might be a stronger point to be made, as there is with the political games (which still probably should not be banned).
BanditKeith2: Ya its moronic usuallt to complain about it.. Which is kinda why I like to bring it up in threads where it complains about G.O.G having games being this or that how late people are to the party to complain let alone video games was seen as sanatic or demonic from the start and some beliefs still sees computers as satantic or demonic anyway if one wants to go down that rabbit hole of complaining about satanic and demonic
kohlrak: The odd thing is that there is a certain degree of truth to it, but you ever notice we never ever actually deal with the high level thinkers when someone talks about this sort of thing. We get the highly emotional gut reactions, which are often overblown compared to what the high level thinkers who come up with this stuff come up with. For shits and giggles, i'll actually take a stab at this to show you what i mean, even if i wouldn't avoid the game myself on these grounds.

What we see here is a character classified as a demon, and it's a total misrepresentation of demons as a whole, and a misrepresentation of traditional literature regarding succubi, and the most likely origin of that literature. It's probably not a big deal, though, because almost everyone can separate fiction from reality, except children, who probably shouldn't be exposed to this until they are adults and have enough experience to separate BS from reality, like I usually can.

Then next down the path you have the not so smart guy, but not completely nuts, either:

Sure is alot of demon things going on her. Sure is dark. I wouldn't be surprised if the author who made this secretly believes this, or maybe even had an experience that they believe actually happened to them that confirms this, so we should probably keep it out of hands of the people easily convinced of things.

Then you have...

This is straight up satan-worship propaganda, for sure. Clearly the authors were touched by demons, and so corrupted that their form of misery becomes despirate for company. We need to ban this, because this will corrupt everyone it touches.

Anyone want to take a guess at what the diffences between these layers is? Click here for the answer.

I'm sure we could do one for blind support, too, but this game doesn't seem to be prone to that. It tends to be more political games that get that sort of bias. Things like this seem to get people going after and people defending it, but not going as far as trying to say everyone should play it for it's ideology. Otherwise, there might be a stronger point to be made, as there is with the political games (which still probably should not be banned).
Fair enough I honestly am not a fan of modern Greek pantheons myself of most modern depictions given Zeus is almost always portrayed as faithful and not perverted or sex crazed among other dieties.Gods and Goddesses portrayed as super wholesome and good when most was anything but ..

But I digress though Blatantly Political games is about the only games so far I do believe G.o.g shouldn't sell but thats my viewpoint from how it seems politics cause more trouble in modern day then belief systems seems to do from what I am away.. (So I could be wrong in terms of modern day) and I admit I have my own faith ..But I am not against any games or media depicting any part of the afterlife wrong .. So long as its done in a way thats clear ''this is a good place,this is a neutral place.. this is a bad place'' and makes it clear that only specific sorts go here or there
low rated
kohlrak: The odd thing is that there is a certain degree of truth to it, but you ever notice we never ever actually deal with the high level thinkers when someone talks about this sort of thing. We get the highly emotional gut reactions, which are often overblown compared to what the high level thinkers who come up with this stuff come up with. For shits and giggles, i'll actually take a stab at this to show you what i mean, even if i wouldn't avoid the game myself on these grounds.

Then you have...

BanditKeith2: Fair enough I honestly am not a fan of modern Greek pantheons myself of most modern depictions given Zeus is almost always portrayed as faithful and not perverted or sex crazed among other dieties.Gods and Goddesses portrayed as super wholesome and good when most was anything but ..
Watch how other religions are portrayed, too. There's some clear obvious patterns, and i think there's something to be said about the politics of the "macro-portrayals" as i might be able to call them (how the religions are portrayed on the whole vs the characters).
But I digress though Blatantly Political games is about the only games so far I do believe G.o.g shouldn't sell but thats my viewpoint
The thing about politics is that they're in everything. The more you shy from them, the deeper they go. That's the lesson of gamergate. Everyone tried to make video games a sort of "safe space from politics" even though we knew damn well political games were going to exist. Of course, a handful of people offering opposition turned into dragging the games industry on the whole into politics. Now we have games that won't come to the west because we've declared through the whole thing that we don't care for alot of asian games. To make matters worse, our politics have been imperialistic and have been going to those regions: for example Sony America has been telling Sony Japan what kind of games are inappropriate for release even only in Japan. Instead, i think GOG should stop being hypocritical in selling games that are political then demanding we don't talk about the politics of the games (one of the blues made ti clear to me that it's "no longer about the game" if it has any IRL crossover, which effectively means you can put content in a game that we simply can't talk about) or gog's own advertising.
from how it seems politics cause more trouble in modern day then belief systems seems to do from what I am away.. (So I could be wrong in terms of modern day) and I admit I have my own faith ..But I am not against any games or media depicting any part of the afterlife wrong .. So long as its done in a way thats clear ''this is a good place,this is a neutral place.. this is a bad place'' and makes it clear that only specific sorts go here or there
The rub here is that during the enlightenment we finally accepted that church (religion, not really christianity, but good luck explaining that to certain peoples today) and state need to be separated, because, clearly, the two of them together create one hell of a mess. The belief was that church corrupted the state, but I think you noticed just as well as anyone else who would dare look at today from an outside lens would notice real fast that it was the state that was corrupting the church. The religions today are shells of their original forms (and that means before they had governmental power, too), and this largely does not seem to be a good thing at all (the power structures are clearly the problem). Just look at the karens running the forums, here and elsewhere. It doesn't take long for the power to show some inconsistent moderation, and often times they end up destroying their own positions as a result, because that's what streisand effect does.
BanditKeith2: Fair enough I honestly am not a fan of modern Greek pantheons myself of most modern depictions given Zeus is almost always portrayed as faithful and not perverted or sex crazed among other dieties.Gods and Goddesses portrayed as super wholesome and good when most was anything but ..
kohlrak: Watch how other religions are portrayed, too. There's some clear obvious patterns, and i think there's something to be said about the politics of the "macro-portrayals" as i might be able to call them (how the religions are portrayed on the whole vs the characters).

But I digress though Blatantly Political games is about the only games so far I do believe G.o.g shouldn't sell but thats my viewpoint
kohlrak: The thing about politics is that they're in everything. The more you shy from them, the deeper they go. That's the lesson of gamergate. Everyone tried to make video games a sort of "safe space from politics" even though we knew damn well political games were going to exist. Of course, a handful of people offering opposition turned into dragging the games industry on the whole into politics. Now we have games that won't come to the west because we've declared through the whole thing that we don't care for alot of asian games. To make matters worse, our politics have been imperialistic and have been going to those regions: for example Sony America has been telling Sony Japan what kind of games are inappropriate for release even only in Japan. Instead, i think GOG should stop being hypocritical in selling games that are political then demanding we don't talk about the politics of the games (one of the blues made ti clear to me that it's "no longer about the game" if it has any IRL crossover, which effectively means you can put content in a game that we simply can't talk about) or gog's own advertising.

from how it seems politics cause more trouble in modern day then belief systems seems to do from what I am away.. (So I could be wrong in terms of modern day) and I admit I have my own faith ..But I am not against any games or media depicting any part of the afterlife wrong .. So long as its done in a way thats clear ''this is a good place,this is a neutral place.. this is a bad place'' and makes it clear that only specific sorts go here or there
kohlrak: The rub here is that during the enlightenment we finally accepted that church (religion, not really christianity, but good luck explaining that to certain peoples today) and state need to be separated, because, clearly, the two of them together create one hell of a mess. The belief was that church corrupted the state, but I think you noticed just as well as anyone else who would dare look at today from an outside lens would notice real fast that it was the state that was corrupting the church. The religions today are shells of their original forms (and that means before they had governmental power, too), and this largely does not seem to be a good thing at all (the power structures are clearly the problem). Just look at the karens running the forums, here and elsewhere. It doesn't take long for the power to show some inconsistent moderation, and often times they end up destroying their own positions as a result, because that's what streisand effect does.
That is true for a whole in what you stated.. I think we both agree best we can get and should get on the game factor you stated on the political factor just don't be hypocritical/double standards on rules and such.. then I'd be full on fine with the games hosted/sold here.. As then it'd be fair and fine

But ya politics are fine with me if naunced takes are allowed and keep naunced as a whole in them .. And when not atleast make it be a good game and story ..

As for the religion topic Ya those patterns I notice too.. I kinda just used Zues and the Greek Pantheon as a example just because well its like the only one faith/religion that I am aware of that still regularly and for several decades been portrayed a set wat in media more or less that paints them as vastly better as a whole then they was .. But other beliefs get a similar treatment portrayed as better or worse ..
low rated
kohlrak: Watch how other religions are portrayed, too. There's some clear obvious patterns, and i think there's something to be said about the politics of the "macro-portrayals" as i might be able to call them (how the religions are portrayed on the whole vs the characters).

The thing about politics is that they're in everything. The more you shy from them, the deeper they go. That's the lesson of gamergate. Everyone tried to make video games a sort of "safe space from politics" even though we knew damn well political games were going to exist. Of course, a handful of people offering opposition turned into dragging the games industry on the whole into politics. Now we have games that won't come to the west because we've declared through the whole thing that we don't care for alot of asian games. To make matters worse, our politics have been imperialistic and have been going to those regions: for example Sony America has been telling Sony Japan what kind of games are inappropriate for release even only in Japan. Instead, i think GOG should stop being hypocritical in selling games that are political then demanding we don't talk about the politics of the games (one of the blues made ti clear to me that it's "no longer about the game" if it has any IRL crossover, which effectively means you can put content in a game that we simply can't talk about) or gog's own advertising.

The rub here is that during the enlightenment we finally accepted that church (religion, not really christianity, but good luck explaining that to certain peoples today) and state need to be separated, because, clearly, the two of them together create one hell of a mess. The belief was that church corrupted the state, but I think you noticed just as well as anyone else who would dare look at today from an outside lens would notice real fast that it was the state that was corrupting the church. The religions today are shells of their original forms (and that means before they had governmental power, too), and this largely does not seem to be a good thing at all (the power structures are clearly the problem). Just look at the karens running the forums, here and elsewhere. It doesn't take long for the power to show some inconsistent moderation, and often times they end up destroying their own positions as a result, because that's what streisand effect does.
BanditKeith2: That is true for a whole in what you stated.. I think we both agree best we can get and should get on the game factor you stated on the political factor just don't be hypocritical/double standards on rules and such.. then I'd be full on fine with the games hosted/sold here.. As then it'd be fair and fine

But ya politics are fine with me if naunced takes are allowed and keep naunced as a whole in them .. And when not atleast make it be a good game and story ..
The first mistake is assuming we can ever be unbiased. I mean, common, CDP knows this, but we just can't get the karens to realize it. Seems like a more reasonable ground to stand on is whether anything is actually violent or not, which is the standard we've been using for a long time and it's far, far more tested, and using that standard also makes it easier to identify people whom shouldn't be on the streets ('cause they'll hurt you for having the wrong opinions). Notice, we have an inordinate number of those people, right now, and they're quite open about being violent. Almost seems like that's the intention.

I'm totally fine with biased games, so long as we can know where they stand and we apply a rule that's hard for bias to slip in: if no real people get physically hurt, it should be OK. I don't know how we managed to loose this stupidly simple standard.
As for the religion topic Ya those patterns I notice too.. I kinda just used Zues and the Greek Pantheon as a example just because well its like the only one faith/religion that I am aware of that still regularly and for several decades been portrayed a set wat in media more or less that paints them as vastly better as a whole then they was .. But other beliefs get a similar treatment portrayed as better or worse ..
Unless it's Judaism or Christianity, then it's the great satan, or just mocked, but heaven forbid you mock islam in particular. They don't seem to mind mocking the greek/roman pantheon, but it's just lower on the totem pole of priorities. I think it's totally fair to mock any relgiion, or to show support for any religion, even if we disagree with it, but there's a clear and open bias. And let's be clear, it's politics.
Official Story Trailer
so zero game footage = better sales?
What's up with the devs censoring the game by deliberately blurring many of the parts of the scenes in that trailer?

Is the actual game likewise censored in the same way? If so, that would be a major dealbreaker and this game would be unplayable due to how annoying & immersion-breaking that is.

On a different note: this trailer further corroborates the previous indications that she is drawn to be way too hideous to be a legitimate succubus.

Succubi are supposed to be highly desirable, not repulsive. She looks like a harpy, not a succubus.
Post edited August 18, 2021 by Ancient-Red-Dragon
Ancient-Red-Dragon: What's up with the devs censoring the game by deliberately blurring many of the parts of the scenes in that trailer?

Is the actual game likewise censored in the same way? If so, that would be a major dealbreaker and this game would be unplayable due to how annoying & immersion-breaking that is.
Calm your blurry tits. Literally the top comment is from the devs and says "The uncensored version of this trailer is available on our official Discord channel."
Ancient-Red-Dragon: What's up with the devs censoring the game by deliberately blurring many of the parts of the scenes in that trailer?
They need those to be allowed to post such a trailer on YT. Naughty bits are a big no-no.
ussnorway: so zero game footage = better sales?
having played the demo, the trailer seems to be game footage. it very much looks like the demo, at least. anyway, this one has more gameplay in it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0079dd16sw

edit - anyway, if you want to get a feel of the gameplay, you can play the demo (or Prologogue, as they call it these days...)
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1344350/SUCCUBUS_Prologue/
Post edited August 18, 2021 by amok

Breja: Calm your blurry tits. Literally the top comment is from the devs and says "The uncensored version of this trailer is available on our official Discord channel."
Same for uncensored gameplay footage, by the way.

Seriously, is looking up things yourself that much to ask of people these days? Took me a couple of seconds to track down the (censored) Official Gameplay Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgCr8bmjAO8
Post edited August 18, 2021 by CMiq
Ancient-Red-Dragon: On a different note: this trailer further corroborates the previous indications that she is drawn to be way too hideous to be a legitimate succubus.

Succubi are supposed to be highly desirable, not repulsive. She looks like a harpy, not a succubus.
"
CUSTOMIZE YOUR SUCCUBUS
Use the advanced character editor to modify the appearance of the main character to suit your preferences.
"

Instead of immediately yelling at clouds, at least checking the store page might be a good idea.
low rated
idbeholdME: Instead of immediately yelling at clouds, at least checking the store page might be a good idea.
ARD is the censorship and achievement watchdog of GOG, you leave him/her alone!
the store pages are riddled with bullshit facts about the games being sold on Gog so checking them is pointless

I will wish list this until more details come out
Post edited August 19, 2021 by ussnorway