It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Become a demonic priestess of lust and use her unique skills to take revenge on your enemies. Succubus is coming soon to GOG.COM!

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
Looking super, super tryhard, this. I'm already a bit weirded out by the switching between first and third person. Never a good sign when a game does that. The heavily gratuitous violence is also a bit of a hint as to the quality of the end product.
RawSteelUT: [...] The heavily gratuitous violence is also a bit of a hint as to the quality of the end product.
you don't even know the half of it.... one of the way to regain health is to beat up a pregnant woman, rip out the fetus and drink it's blood. A game for the weak of heart this is not.
Post edited July 13, 2021 by amok
Here's a fun twist: She turns into an angel and the game suddenly shifts to heaven halfway through hehe
Post edited July 13, 2021 by slbunny
amok: you don't even know the half of it.... one of the way to regain health is to beat up a pregnant woman, rip out the fetus and drink it's blood. A game for the weak of heart this is not.
Maybe the women are there for a reason? Were they pregnant from all the demons after they were sent to hell or were they pregnant IRL before they got sent to hell (punished for a different sin)? Does anyone know the religion or game lore behind all this?
Post edited July 13, 2021 by MeowCanuck
high rated
morolf: I hope the makers still insert some message along the lines of "Kids, hell is a really bad place, try your best not to end up here!".
Mr.Mumbles: Why? Not everyone is into make-up beliefs/mass brainwashing/religion.
And? A lot of stunts videos have "don't try that at home kids", even most kids aren't that stupid to try dangerous things that they see on TV or the Internet.

Also, there are a lot more people who are into make-up beliefs and religion today than you think. Just not Christianity.
morolf: I'm not religious, and that's one of the reasons why I have zero interest in horror like "The exorcist" or "Omen", just leaves me cold, because I can't take the underlying premise all that seriously.
Breja: That I agree with. Actually I found The Exorcist to be absolutely hilarious, I felt like I was watching something like Evil Dead 2. Now Omen I could take semi-seriously because I think it builds a certain omnious mood better, without having to rely on taking the "religious" part seriously, and there's personal drama for the main character that I could get somewhat invested in, but it still wasn't scary for me at all. There was also that Anthony Hopkins exorcism movie The Rite about a decade ago - utterly laughable. I stil lcan't believe it was even meant as as serious flick.
I have a theory that people who are raised Christian (or at least religious) have much more strong reactions to Exorcist (1973), because it feels like a real demonic possession. A lot of the people who saw the people originally were of course Christian Americans who reacted very strongly to it, theres accounts of people walking out of the cinema completely terrified.
low rated
Arinielle: Then you misunderstood and need to read again. The game isn't so 'uncivilized' as it is just 'expected' or has no actual ...well.. anything other than the feel of an amusement park ride.

What all lives there? What are the denizens of this place like? How many types are there? What can be said of the diet and behaviors of each? How does such a place run and create it's own ecosystem to be seem as more than just something that 'exists'? It's basically still mainly leaving things to "understanding" what it is by saying it's 'Hell' and then just tossing out shocking imagery for reactions.

Make it an actual fucking place instead of just tossing shocking things in just because it's stuff you can imagine is terrible enough for a place with such a title.

I understand no specific hatred towards humans and there's no reason for it if Hell is just supposedly a place we go if we're terrible people in life. Those people may sometimes become so twisted they become those monsters.

You've been trying to defend this game with some hard brown nosing in this thread, I've noticed. I'm not interested in arguing with someone that just wants to keep trying to get people to give up because they don't agree with or not interested in the ideas the game shows. Nothing has been said about not allowing it to be sold or anything either.

Calm your ass and sit in the corner for a while. Damn.
RedRagan: Brownosing? I just pointing out how it's just ridiculous how we set our human concept on a world that supposed to be very different from ours. Hell is not a human community or an environment. It doesn't have the same evolution of biology, physics and culture like us. This game show hell on its purest form and not just another Dante Alighieri regurgiration or worse, just another world AU where people are "evil but nice" It's like for them, the concept of concentrated evil is too hard to deal with.

There's also similar problem with sci-fi franchises where many aliens are depicted with similar human biology (two walking limbs, two manipulating limbs, similar reproductive system and similar feeding system) and even similar or worse, over simplified culture (Klingons are all rage filled species, Vulcans are all logic based species, etc etc) and refuse to accept that there might be aliens that completely different than us.
First mistake is to assume the Klingons are extra-terrestrials, not Russians. I hardly see this as a problem, and it's seldom that anyone goes as far as Origin did to explain why the angry kitties are trying to take over the universe. Even then, let's be clear, they made 'em bad guys first and came up with the whole "we conqure others so we don't conqure each other being territorial kittens" thing later.

I mean, thse games are intended to entertain, not to be a documentary or some sort of attempt at an accurate supposition about the philosophy of denziens of Hell when none of us were there (and most people, i imagine, don't believe the place really exists). Oh no, my cat girls don't go crazy for catnip! I better return them to Elon.

Honestly, i played a bit of the demo, watch some trailers, and I concluded that if God of War were mario, then this is Sonic the Hedgehog. It's more or less the same thing, just trying to be cooler. And what could be edgier today than a badass sex demon? The sad thing is, i've come to see the succubus games on DLsite as wholesome, and some are intentionally presented so. Of course, once again, the question is what the point is, but, at the end of the day, i feel like this'll turn into a disappointment just like Sonic did. No one says Sonic is cool, anymore, and while he wasn't trying to go full edgelord, he didn't have today's politics getting in the way. Let's be clear, something's going to happen to this.

morolf: I hope the makers still insert some message along the lines of "Kids, hell is a really bad place, try your best not to end up here!".
Mr.Mumbles: Why? Not everyone is into make-up beliefs/mass brainwashing/religion.
Funny, you sure could've fooled me with all the utopian theories going around like communism. So we've moved heaven from the afterlife to "the real world," and suddenly we're enlightened. We just moved the goalpost, but it turns out we don't separate religion from humanity.

But to answer the question, although i think it really isn't necessary, most people subscribe to some religion, even if they think they're atheists and can't see when they worship the state, the almighty dollar, or some obscure ideology. I love how people think that somehow we've become too sophisticated for a religion where a carpenter allows himself to die while telling others to not have in-group preference. Yes, in 2021 where we're still complaining about racism, we're above some expansion of a religion that took one of the most racist peoples in the world and tried to teach them that there's something more important. Meanwhile, let's blame specific peoples (like that same originally incredibly racist group of people, and a majority group of people) for all the world's problems, and also claim this is how we beat racism. Oh yeah, we're definitely evolving.
Breja: That I agree with. Actually I found The Exorcist to be absolutely hilarious, I felt like I was watching something like Evil Dead 2. Now Omen I could take semi-seriously because I think it builds a certain omnious mood better, without having to rely on taking the "religious" part seriously, and there's personal drama for the main character that I could get somewhat invested in, but it still wasn't scary for me at all. There was also that Anthony Hopkins exorcism movie The Rite about a decade ago - utterly laughable. I stil lcan't believe it was even meant as as serious flick.
Crosmando: I have a theory that people who are raised Christian (or at least religious) have much more strong reactions to Exorcist (1973), because it feels like a real demonic possession. A lot of the people who saw the people originally were of course Christian Americans who reacted very strongly to it, theres accounts of people walking out of the cinema completely terrified.
It was based on a "true story." Mind you, i was also raised Christian, and still am. Of course, now, to get to the movie, it was based on a book that changed alot of details from the original account. And, as you can imagine, the original story isn't something you can easily just pick up and look at. But, hey, we're talking about a bunch of people whom grew up rather sheltered, and here comes some little girl running head first down a set of stairs on all 4s, but upside down, too! Did you know the original Day the Earth Stood Still as well as The War of the Worlds was traumatizing, too? Yes, people who didn't believe in aliens were suddenly committing suicide and freaking out over potential invasions. No, this is what censorship does to you, because eventually you'll see something that shocks you to the core 'cause you weren't exposed to reality before. I foresee similar responses to this game ,based on the demo that i played.
Post edited July 13, 2021 by kohlrak
low rated
Arinielle: Wake me when there's more interesting games on succubi... *yawns*
Tikkia: here are some succubi games:
The Sword Of Succubus https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ304004.html
SUCCUBUS https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ304000.html
The Tower of Succubus https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ304002.html
SUCCUBUS The SIX Spells https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ209676.html
ALL of these games feature explicit sexual content.
And you miss Ayano, for shame. There's alot more if you're willing to go to the Japanese side, though. Some of them are better.
kohlrak: Funny, you sure could've fooled me with all the utopian theories going around like communism. So we've moved heaven from the afterlife to "the real world," and suddenly we're enlightened. We just moved the goalpost, but it turns out we don't separate religion from humanity.

But to answer the question, although i think it really isn't necessary, most people subscribe to some religion, even if they think they're atheists and can't see when they worship the state, the almighty dollar, or some obscure ideology.
You don't say...
Attachments:
religion.jpg (49 Kb)
The Sword Of Succubus https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ304004.html
The Tower of Succubus https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ304002.html
SUCCUBUS The SIX Spells https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ209676.html
kohlrak: And you miss Ayano, for shame. There's alot more if you're willing to go to the Japanese side, though. Some of them are better.
And the primary precursor game to this Agony which was multiple games in one, I hope this comes to us too!

So happy to see no matter what version GOG sells Madmind is going to release a patch to make it the AO version. So damn happy to see this! So thank you GOG and madmind, And please bring agony unrated, its one hell of a great horror game!
Post edited July 13, 2021 by Starkrun
kohlrak: And you miss Ayano, for shame. There's alot more if you're willing to go to the Japanese side, though. Some of them are better.
Learning Japanese has been on my to-do list for a while now. Oh, the different sides have gotten merged recently.

Edit: typo
Post edited July 14, 2021 by Tikkia
low rated
Starkrun: And the primary precursor game to this Agony which was multiple games in one, I hope this comes to us too!

So happy to see no matter what version GOG sells Madmind is going to release a patch to make it the AO version. So damn happy to see this! So thank you GOG and madmind, And please bring agony unrated, its one hell of a great horror game!
You have a bit too much faith in gog.
low rated
Tikkia: Learning Japanese has been on my to-do list for a while now. Oh, the different sides have gotten merged recently.

Edit: typo
If you're using english, i noticed their efforts to esnure there's something in english has caused the sides to spillover more easily. I think it's a bug rather than an intention.

As for learning japanese, it's one of those things that's not as hard as it sounds, but learning it in a way that will result in you not sounding to them as bad as their english sounds to us requires some careful planning. The problem isn't finding information, or having trouble learning 漢字 or anything like that, but rather avoiding the information that's outright wrong or unhelpful. Classic example that i like to give, 'cause it's so basic someone can understand it, is the cat-problem. People will see "neko" and many will say "knee koh" and before long, you're a really big fan of brighty, shiney smiles, not kitties. And then there's this cat girl in a game i recently started playing named "Mike," whcih can really throw you off if you don't know any better. The solution to this problem, of course, is to avoid the roman letter system, even if you think it makes it easier, 'cause it makes it harder. After a while you won't have those negative false associations and can let the roman writing slip through, but it's stupid stuff like that which messes with you.

This applies to more than just learning languages, too. Often times, something isn't all that really complicated to learn and get into, but rather what you have to realize doesn't apply the way you think it normally would. Alot of math students take comp. sci. courses, passing their standardized tests, and many even having a very high IQ, but for some reason can't grasp simple concepts like the assignment operator in programming. The reason being, their head got too attatched to "=" being used for comparison, not assignment, as well as the idea of a variable changing it's value over several lines rather than having a stable value "within a problem" is absolutely foreign to them. They'll think the understand something, but in reality it totally messes with them. A really simple example of this is learning that 10h is equal to 16, and learning how you get to that conclusion. It's really a matter of throwing out pre-conceived notions that do not apply to the new thing you're studying.
fronzelneekburm: It's, like, his thing...
idbeholdME: Wasn't aware. Mentally cataloguing as "troll" from now on. But others also talked about satanism in this thread so my statement is more of a "old man yells at cloud" kind of thing than aimed at him specifically :P

amok: if you play the game backwards, the main character will go through the motions showing you how to perform the satanical ritual to summon Duke Vassenego.
idbeholdME: Then we are truly doomed. At least it's not Astfgl.
Ya its moronic usuallt to complain about it.. Which is kinda why I like to bring it up in threads where it complains about G.O.G having games being this or that how late people are to the party to complain let alone video games was seen as sanatic or demonic from the start and some beliefs still sees computers as satantic or demonic anyway if one wants to go down that rabbit hole of complaining about satanic and demonic
low rated
idbeholdME: Satanism complaints? Really? I thought we've been over this back in 1993 when Doom released.

Hard agreed. Demons in Disciples 2 are indeed some of the best to date. The entire world, setting and the art style in both Disciples games is still impeccable to this day.
Hah. They went crazy over Pokemon evolving. Doesn't take much.