It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Become a demonic priestess of lust and use her unique skills to take revenge on your enemies. Succubus is coming soon to GOG.COM!

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
This game looks cool, I hope they go full throttle on the evil and hellish part, which judging by the videos I've seen it definitely seems to do. Old-school carnage, yes, me like. This is like a Death Metal game. Somewhat apprehensive about the developer though, I hope they have learned from their last game.
Post edited July 10, 2021 by 72_hour_Richard
high rated
72_hour_Richard: This game looks cool, I hope they go full throttle on the evil and hellish part, which judging by the videos I've seen it definitely seems to do. Old-school carnage, yes, me like. This is like a Death Metal game. Somewhat apprehensive about the developer though, I hope they have learned from their last game.
With these, currently once again increasing ideology-driven efforts to sanitise entertainment it's nice to see at least a few developers, like Madmind still keeping it sane and doing their thing without external influences dictating how they should go about it.
Even if it's just done for the sake of (perceived) juvenility-driven edginess or even if Succubus too should turn out a bit of a janky mess (on release), I can still appreciate the artistic integrity. And artistic integrity is something that always should be rewarded, more than ever in these dark times.
Post edited July 10, 2021 by Swedrami
high rated
72_hour_Richard: This game looks cool, I hope they go full throttle on the evil and hellish part, which judging by the videos I've seen it definitely seems to do. Old-school carnage, yes, me like. This is like a Death Metal game. Somewhat apprehensive about the developer though, I hope they have learned from their last game.
Swedrami: With these, currently once again increasing ideology-driven efforts to sanitise entertainment it's nice to see at least a few developers, like Madmind still keeping it sane and doing their thing without external influences dictating how they should go about it.
Even if it's just done for the sake of (perceived) juvenility-driven edginess or even if Succubus too should turn out a bit of a janky mess (on release), I can still appreciate the artistic integrity. And artistic integrity is something that always should be rewarded, more than ever in these dark times.
Yes, an interesting, fun or cool idea is worth more than perfection. Sure, the gameplay looks old-school, which is only a positive thing to me, but the premise of the game is unique, a really cool idea. I'd rather play a game that feels unique or original than an super-polished generic one, designed for the masses.

The tender snowflakes that is our mainstream gaming media, will most likely fabricate something to pretend to be really upset by, with this game. Thankfully most actual gamers can see through their lunacy.
Oh wow, never heard of this. Seems super interesting, like something fresh.
high rated
Oh so this is a sequel to Agony.
Hopefully that game ends up here too.
high rated
fronzelneekburm: yay
Shit, low rated! Uhhh... how to fix this...
fronzelneekburm: nay
Better? :-)
Breja: Actually I found The Exorcist to be absolutely hilarious
It does have some pretty dope horror elements in it when you realise
- the agonized scream that Ellen Burstyn lets out after Linda Blair slaps her across the room is from her receiving a permanent spinal injury for realz because the director asked the crew to yank her back *really* hard
- there's an actual IRL killer (who partially inspired Friedkin's later film Cruising) present in one of the scenes

Also, as I'm getting older I find that the psychodrama around the priest who is having a crisis of faith to be really well made.

Plus, it pioneered the use of Penderecki's music in horror movies.

I mean, the religious aspects may not hit the spot for everyone, but The Exorcist has lots going for it.
Post edited July 11, 2021 by fronzelneekburm
Breja: Not everyone is religious, and if you're not there's really not much difference between a game about hell, demons and the devil and a game about norse or greek gods whatever else.
morolf: I'm not religious, and that's one of the reasons why I have zero interest in horror like "The exorcist" or "Omen", just leaves me cold, because I can't take the underlying premise all that seriously. I'd be more scared by a movie about gamer genocide.
I really can not take the underlying premise that somone can travel through a black hole, it's just very very silly. Event Horizon was a scary movie, though.
Post edited July 11, 2021 by amok
fronzelneekburm: It does have some pretty dope horror elements in it when you realise
- the agonized scream that Ellen Burstyn lets out after Linda Blair slaps her across the room is from her receiving a permanent spinal injury for realz because the director asked the crew to yank her back *really* hard
- there's an actual IRL killer (who partially inspired Friedkin's later film Cruising) present in one of the scenes

Also, as I'm getting older I find that the psychodrama around the priest who is having a crisis of faith to be really well made.

Plus, it pioneered the use of Penderecki's music in horror movies.

I mean, the religious aspects may not hit the spot for everyone, but The Exorcist has lots going for it.
I would add the adult fear of being a parent and having your child stricken with unknown *disease* which completely changes his/her personality while slowly killing them, with medicine/science completely failing to comprehend it, let alone fight it is extremely terrifying in itself.
low rated
Ce type de jeux est très dangereux car il banalise les concepts du satanisme sans vraiment donner les éléments pour comprendre. Ce jeu devrait être interdit ou, réservé à un public averti et adulte. Or, il n'y a même pas un message d'avertissement sur la page de GOG. C'est TOTALEMENT INADMISSIBLE.
kyle10: Ce type de jeux est très dangereux car il banalise les concepts du satanisme sans vraiment donner les éléments pour comprendre. Ce jeu devrait être interdit ou, réservé à un public averti et adulte. Or, il n'y a même pas un message d'avertissement sur la page de GOG. C'est TOTALEMENT INADMISSIBLE.
Google translate says:
"This type of game is very dangerous because it trivializes the concepts of Satanism without really giving the elements to understand. This game should be prohibited or, reserved for an informed and adult public. However, there isn't even a warning message on the GOG page. This is TOTALLY INADMISSIBLE."
kyle10: Ce type de jeux est très dangereux car il banalise les concepts du satanisme sans vraiment donner les éléments pour comprendre. Ce jeu devrait être interdit ou, réservé à un public averti et adulte. Or, il n'y a même pas un message d'avertissement sur la page de GOG. C'est TOTALEMENT INADMISSIBLE.
amok: Google translate says:
"This type of game is very dangerous because it trivializes the concepts of Satanism without really giving the elements to understand. This game should be prohibited or, reserved for an informed and adult public. However, there isn't even a warning message on the GOG page. This is TOTALLY INADMISSIBLE."
Gonna have to agree a bit to this but ONLY to the part where there does need to be notes in easy places to see what game ratings ( not scores from sites, ratings from the board which has a few different ones to go by depending on country you are in ).

Rest of it... uuuuh... there's not a damn thing there in their work that trivializes it. If you want to think that, sure. But that's a damn lie. Especially starting with Agony, the previous game. There was nothing trivial about it. It was 'This is what this place is. Can't deal with it, stop playing'. It's pure shock material.. buggy mess but still isn't trivializing horrible their idea of hell for this game is.

( this part is very much for the one that wasn't speaking English, Kyle) Enough with the pearl-clutching. If your ideas on heaven and hell are so behind and refuse to open up and let go of what some priests used to keep you from thinking for yourself, that is still very much on you.

---- Resident Episcopalian of the South. Alabama St. John's Episcopal Church ( at least three generations of family having been baptized there ).

... tiny rant now over and now back to your regular shitposts. It had to be said. I'm tired of this shit.
Post edited July 12, 2021 by Arinielle
Satanism complaints? Really? I thought we've been over this back in 1993 when Doom released.

WinterSnowfall: One of my favourite TBSes of all times is Disciples 2, whose Legions of the Damned are probably the coolest (IMHO) demonic faction I've ever come across in a game.
Hard agreed. Demons in Disciples 2 are indeed some of the best to date. The entire world, setting and the art style in both Disciples games is still impeccable to this day.
Post edited July 12, 2021 by idbeholdME
high rated
idbeholdME: Satanism complaints? Really? I thought we've been over this back in 1993 when Doom released.
That dope shows up every time gog releases a game that's slightly more hardcore than "Mixed up Mother Goose" (and every time he doesn't even have the decency to google translate his garbage before posting it).

It's, like, his thing...
idbeholdME: Satanism complaints? Really? I thought we've been over this back in 1993 when Doom released.

[...]
if you play the game backwards, the main character will go through the motions showing you how to perform the satanical ritual to summon Duke Vassenego.
Post edited July 12, 2021 by amok
high rated
fronzelneekburm: It's, like, his thing...
Wasn't aware. Mentally cataloguing as "troll" from now on. But others also talked about satanism in this thread so my statement is more of a "old man yells at cloud" kind of thing than aimed at him specifically :P

amok: if you play the game backwards, the main character will go through the motions showing you how to perform the satanical ritual to summon Duke Vassenego.
Then we are truly doomed. At least it's not Astfgl.